• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

census

how many Pop?

• under 50,000

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • over 50,000

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser17265

I'd like to take a census
how many Population do we have in our current largest cities?

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Thousands more than I need in each of my cities from only Special Buildings and a very low level Inno. My Inno tower leveled again last night without me adding a single FP. While I thank all who contributed, I certainly did not need the Pop.

I've still no issues with Happy, even after leveling, I have almost twice what I need to keep my peeps enthused. I could also delete my Inno completely and still have thousands more than I need.

I've also not added any of the new Event buildings since Carnival. I've got them all along with all the upgrades needed, but I've been waiting to age up before I add them. While I don't ever struggle with happy, It would be nice to see some Event buildings that don't include Pop. for a change.

Lannister the Rich

I just got to PME in my oldest city. I don’t really focus on pop, but I have just over 34000 total pop there. Just under half are unemployed and freeloading my smiles. I don’t plan on increasing my pop for a while though because I don’t need it. No point in having tens of thousands more people than you need

RazorbackPirate

I'm going to sell my Lv5 Inno Tower once I get another max upgraded cider mill.
I've been considering doing the same thing. I have on Inno at level 4, the other at level 6. While I'd like to level it for more FPs, doing so would require building and leveling Traz which I really don't need. I've been pushing off making a decision until I age up and add the next set of expansions that come along with doing so.

DeletedUser17265

another relevant question I guess, would be what age are we in?
a) below Future
b) Future and above

RazorbackPirate

12,478 in HMA, 8,901 available. 17,470 in LMA, 12,425 available. Thousands more waiting in inventory with unplaced event buildings.

DeletedUser17265

I think the game is trending towards exactly what you've both described so far. maybe by coincidence. Cities are GB heavy earlier on than back when we started. (when GB's weren't even a thing.)
the result is midrange population, mostly unemployed. Lannister mentioned "freeloading off of the smiles"
it's good to recognize that the extra 20% adds up more when you can get the population supply Jobs

Jern2017

Under 50k. That population comes from a level 8 Innovation Tower and event buildings.

For the past year, I was able to keep my population enthusiastic. Then, I built the September Cottage and it dropped to happy. I had to level up my Alcatraz and it just barely reaches 120% happiness.

With the upcoming Halloween event building, I will surely need to level the Alcatraz up for another two levels if I want to keep my citizens enthusiastic.

It would be nice to see an event building that provides happiness and supplies for its main boost instead of population and coins.

DeletedUser17265

I changed the poll so that it's not public anymore, and set it to close after 7months. so you have time to increase your population to over 50k. Also, you can always change your answer. It says change your "vote" but it's really an "answer" as opposed to a vote. I have 90,000 population with a 30% unemployment. That is way up from when I had less than 50k population. Then I'd had like 2% unemployed. for the first say 6 or 7 years playing Foe, we kept all our population working.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17265

thought I'd check in again on this thread as time has gone by. See how everyone is doing now.

DeletedUser31540

I am in lma with 56,243 total population and 52,451 available population .... ive done soo much clicking that my citizens dont have to!

The Lady Redneck

I have been wondering about INNO for a while. My most advanced city is FE. Just decided to delete my lvl 6 INNO there. It let me get the OT event building up and the 5 UGs I have so far. That gives me Pop. Happy, FPs,, Goods, Supplies, Coin. All of which will increase with each upgrade. It also freed up enough space for me to get a cottage which give me more goods and also another Rogues Hideout. I now have 43,983 pop with 28, 851 unemployed. 43983 demand for happiness plus 14.077 additional happiness. with very few buildings polivated. I have only 4 more techs to complete and intend parking in FE for a long time. So the buildings I already have (with more waiting in Inventory) more than covers the loss of INNO. And none of them require being constantly fed with FPs. One less to level up means more can be directed the GBs I need leveled.

Agent327

He learned that 63.6% of players have under 50,000.
And 36.4% of players have over 50,000

Those numbers only apply to those that filled the poll. That does not say a thing about "players".

Could tell you more, but my posts mysteriously disappear.