• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Challenge me!

UBERhelp1

I kind of want a challenge that I can do in a new world. Problem is, I don't know what that challenge should be. I do have some ideas in mind (no cMap, no GB, etc.) but I can't think of any others. I'm already doing a TinyTown; is there any other kind of challenge that would be hard, but also fun?

Super Catanian

@tuckerkao did a challenge (it's on the second page of the Forge Hall) where you play with only one continent goods deposit and no Great Buildings that provide goods.
So your only source of goods was one goods building and incidents, trades, etc.

DeletedUser37581

I've heard of people who want every single Great Building in their towns. Seems rather pointless to me, but might be challenging to some.

mamboking053

I kind of want a challenge that I can do in a new world. Problem is, I don't know what that challenge should be. I do have some ideas in mind (no cMap, no GB, etc.) but I can't think of any others. I'm already doing a TinyTown; is there any other kind of challenge that would be hard, but also fun?

Pacifist? 0 Battles.

RazorbackPirate

Only build GBs from your age and you don't advance in age until the GBs you've built from that age are at level 10. Once you leave an age, you cannot go back and build a GB from that age. Get it while you're in that age or never.

DeletedUser

Only build GBs from your age and you don't advance in age until the GBs you've built from that age are at level 10. Once you leave an age, you cannot go back and build a GB from that age. Get it while you're in that age or never.
I am kind of doing that on Tuulech, although I have fallen behind on getting the GBs to level 10 before moving on.

DeletedUser38090

is there any other kind of challenge that would be hard, but also fun?
You could try to do a challenge where you can only build roads, military buildings, and GBs in your town (just delete everything after you finish the Oracle questline, and if you need to build certain buildings to complete a quest, that is fine). That would be hard, and possibly fun (hint hint, lots of guild hopping and RQs).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You could try to do a challenge where you can only build roads, military buildings, and GBs in your town (just delete everything after you finish, and if you need to build certain buildings to complete a quest, that is fine). That would be hard, and possibly fun (hint hint, lots of guild hopping and RQs).
How would you do RQs without any residential/production/special/event buildings? The only RQ you could do would be the Spend FP one, but you'd only be able to do one every couple of days until you get some FP producing GBs.

DeletedUser37581

How would you do RQs without any residential/production/special/event buildings? The only RQ you could do would be the Spend FP one, but you'd only be able to do one every couple of days until you get some FP producing GBs.
In Bronze Age, the recurring quest is to spend 8 FPs - that would be 3 times a day. In Iron Age, the requirement jumps to 15 FPs.
There is also a recurring quest to gather coins which can be gotten by aiding.
Once you have a couple of military buildings (which requires getting Tower of Babel for population), you can do the recurring quests that require you to have military units.
Visiting Taverns is another potential way to pick up an FP here and there.

All in all, not a challenge I would find very interesting.

DeletedUser38090

Fnord through guild hops could also be used, and one could use the 25 FP strat with settlements to do more spend FP quests. I assume that if you build a network of self-levelers who will go out of their way to tell you if they got an FP reward spot open, that would increase your FP production substantially.