• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Champion retreats

Trobb de Grobb

I searched the forums and found how champion retreats work but I'm looking for advice on which age(s) are worth having a champions retreat.

I'm currently in HMA and have an EMA and HMA retreat. I'm currently trying to have a champion retreat set to each age from EMA onward. Now I'm a farmer not a fighter; but, when I get a Traz I might try my hand at fighting (I have a zeus, CoA and CdM). I'm purposefully holding myself at a lower age to make sure I can have a Champion retreat for each age.

Is this a smart way to play? Do I need a champion retreat for each age? Which age(s) is it worth having a retreat? If I progress and don't have a retreat for each age and get into fighting will I wish I had stayed at a low age longer? How big of difference do champions make? Can I be equally successful without champions?

Thank you in advance for your advice,
Trobb (Xyr)

DeletedUser26154

which age(s) are worth having a champions retreat.

Post-modern to and including Tomorrow Era.
Before that, Champions are just like normal Fast Units.
After that, Hover tanks and Battle Fortresses are overall, better heavy units.
I had 4 at one time, and used Store Building to put them into my inventory.

9d7cdc37fe5190e516dbf63342d64918.png

b7be3985fdc23142065a1cc4fcb170e8.png

10 16 2017.jpg

I didn't use Champions in Future Era, Arctic Future, or Ocean Future.

Trobb de Grobb

Thank you for the advice! 14 Maharaja's Palaces? Wow, how many diamonds did that cost for all those extra spins? I didn't spend any diamonds and felt I was fortunate getting 4 palaces and 3 fountains :)

DeletedUser26154

14 Maharaja's Palaces? Wow, how many diamonds did that cost for all those extra spins?

13 Palaces and 13 Elephant Fountains, for 26 sets total.
There are a handful of players with more sets than I have, and we're all friends.
Cost me, about 3 and a half Giant Diamond Packages when all was spent and done.
Worth every penny spent, because of all the production and bonuses.

c97ac0d0801a1fcf3927795cea626474.png 2839f3d089a82bf7319b219a08dc75c0.png

My city is, and will be self-sufficient for the next 5 years.

Trobb de Grobb

Very awesome! Grats! I'm surprised you haven't upgraded them to OF. I agree with you that that set is awesome and produces a good amount of everything. What I like is the ability to use pieces from one set to decrease the number needed for the next (unlike the cherry blossom).