• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Champions Retreat?

Megiddo

Eventually hoping to do some GVG, I'm also hoping to obtain a Champions Retreat for every era. From various sources, I'm seeing that they should be available in special events, rare daily challenges (only 5%, though), and very rare occasions from the Antique Dealer. My google-fu is very lacking this morning, however, and I've been unable to find any good sources that show odds of finding one in Antique Dealer. I'm wondering, too, what the most reliable way to obtain one would be. Has anyone had any regular positive experiences spending diamonds to refresh the Antique Dealer? I don't mind spending a bit, but I'm curious how rare it is there. Any tips or suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

Ebeondi Asi

refreshing Antique dealer is a very poor way to find anything. (I do it a lot of the 50 Diamond when in a funky mood,and getting anything I want is only one refresh in five, and I am not being fussy) Seriously the chances of getting a Champions Retreat by refreshing Antique Dealer shelves is basically zero. The way I have most often gotten them is via the Daily Quest.
Personally there is nothing special about the Champion. I fight 100% and I can say I never relied on a Champion from any Era for GE or GbG.
Usually each Era has one or to pretty good troops. and you can make those troops from any previous Era anytime you want, particularly if you have a good leveled up Alcatraz. Just plop the barracks down let Traz do it thing, boom troops. then you can toss that barracks choose another. al good.
Having a pile of Champion barracks all in city is a waste of space. and setting them down and picking up a waste of store kits.

BruteForceAttack

Eventually hoping to do some GVG, I'm also hoping to obtain a Champions Retreat for every era. From various sources, I'm seeing that they should be available in special events, rare daily challenges (only 5%, though), and very rare occasions from the Antique Dealer. My google-fu is very lacking this morning, however, and I've been unable to find any good sources that show odds of finding one in Antique Dealer. I'm wondering, too, what the most reliable way to obtain one would be. Has anyone had any regular positive experiences spending diamonds to refresh the Antique Dealer? I don't mind spending a bit, but I'm curious how rare it is there. Any tips or suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

Every age is probably overkill and not needed at all. Camps turn into heavy units PME onwards and are worthless FE and above. So only PME, CE and TE are worth it, even in that CE and TE mainly.

Daniel The 4ger

A good number of my guild mates rave about Champions but when I try them they just don’t work very well, they always die very quickly no matter what age I try them in. What I suggest is just placing down barracks from one age at a time for GVG, keeping it for a few days, then replacing it with another age. That way you will get many units pretty easily.

Ebeondi Asi

A good number of my guild mates rave about Champions but when I try them they just don’t work very well, they always die very quickly no matter what age I try them in. What I suggest is just placing down barracks from one age at a time for GVG, keeping it for a few days, then replacing it with another age. That way you will get many units pretty easily.
a hint abou champs.. use all eight, not partial. since Champs move early and always move forward in auto.. using just a few will get them a killed. But if you use all eight Champs.the kill ratio drops

Megiddo

Thank you for the feedback. I haven't used them often and I'm also hearing from my guild that Champions aren't really great. I'll likely follow counsel given and drop this idea.

BruteForceAttack

Thank you for the feedback. I haven't used them often and I'm also hearing from my guild that Champions aren't really great. I'll likely follow counsel given and drop this idea.

Just to repeat again, Champs are really good in TE and CE and not too bad in PME... Rest of the ages it's not good at all.

Just An Observer

For "slow" autobattle, I use 7 Rogues = 1 Champion. You start the battle manually, park the Champion in a corner, then turn on the autobattle. In hand I have 6 filled up Rogue's Dens plus a large pile of unattached Champions with my era being EMA. The A/D number is 400/378.

How I use them: The last 8 spots of GE in order to protect the pile of unattached Rogues from losses is the first. The second is when in GBG I am pretty much at the end of a run for the day and do not want to Negotiate or lose the regular troops, I can then mount between 5 to 10 attacks. The Champion never gets killed and the lost Rogues get replaced. Just do not try to do this on the day when you are finishing GE as this small setup can do one or the other but not both.

icarusethan

the only use of champion retreats each age is that you can stock up champions on every age to throw them into siege army for gvg.