• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Champions

DeletedUser22036

Shouldn't they, by definition, win in pretty much any 1 vs 1 situation?

Why then are Oceanic Champions so weak? They would either lose or draw vs any other Oceanic unit given equal attack/defense bonuses.

(Granted, given good piloting and the right terrain they could beat the C.R.A.B, Eel and maybe a Turturret. I'm talking about in general use)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Are you asking philosophically or mathematically?

Philosophically speaking even champions fall. But I agree all else being equal Champs should win 1v1 over the other types of units the majority of the time.

They are technically the strongest on average strictly A/V value wise;
Sub Cruiser 145
Hydroelectric Eel 165
Champion 175
C.R.A.B. Mech 170
Turturret 165
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Units

Though I have no experience yet with the OF ones to judge .

DeletedUser22036

Are you asking philosophically or mathematically?

Philosophically speaking even champions fall. But I agree all else being equal Champs should win 1v1 over the other types of units the majority of the time.

They are technically the strongest on average strictly A/V value wise;
Sub Cruiser 145
Hydroelectric Eel 165
Champion 175
C.R.A.B. Mech 170
Turturret 165
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Units

Though I have no experience yet with the OF ones to judge .

If a Sub Cruiser gets the first shot, it wins since it has "Contact!" and the 1st shot from the Champion would pretty much guarantee the Sub's 2nd shot (effectively 3rd) kills the Champion. If the Champion gets the 1st shot it's going to come down to how the RNG comes out.

Hydroelectric Eel should be able to use it's massive speed advantage and hide in bushes to pretty much ensure victory. There is a small chance the Champion could win this, but it's heavily dependent on terrain.

C.R.A.B requires at least three hits to kill but will kill the Champion in two. C.R.A.B almost always wins unless terrain favors the Champion's longer range or the C.R.A.B gets bad RNG.

Turturret will get at least one free shot, maybe two since the Champion is so slow. Turturret will almost always win.

DeletedUser

Also don't forget if the opponent has offence/defense boosters, even the "Champion" Character has no chance.