• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Change Log 1.25 - Feedback

DeletedUser1084

Please leave your comments and suggestions here about Version 1.25.

~DA

*Arturis*

Since the update is not in yet so I will start with a couple questions on this patch:
PME GvG map will be open in this patch for sightseeing?
Any new medal expansions will be added in this patch?
When will PME be in game?

Last edited:

DeletedUser2145

Diamond expansions are only added with the introduction of a new age, so no there would not be more diamond expansions with this update.

LacLong, I believe the answer to the first two is no and about the release of PME it is not known yet. At least, there is no concrete date, although you can see from developments on the beta forum that they may be getting ready for it so it would not be that far away.

DeletedUser10574

so far so good on the expanded map except.....
i went to a world that i had clicked on by mistake and decided to start a new village there after all (world E)

but there is a major bug

you start the tutorial, and the first hut that you are supposed to build has a place marker outside of your start zone (outside of the green highlight area with your townhall,trees,etc), if you try to place the hut it says that it cant be done and reloads, and it still cant be done
if you delete the hut already in place in the correct place in the village, and place the tutorial hut there, you cannot complete 'build a hunter' because you havent enough people

please fix this before new starts get confused :D

DeletedUser10076

the expanded city map is nice. but with pvp and gvg so unbalanced there were better things to do instead of a graphics update...just saying.

DeletedUser9939

The only problem with the graphics interface is that switching between cities takes a while. This might be my graphics card however.

DeletedUser8428

Just as the announcement indicated, enabling acceleration degraded performance for me so I disabled and performance still seems a bit slow (Brisgard). Win7 64-bit. Intel i5 250GHz, 6GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M graphics card.

DeletedUser8796

Sense this last update i have had a horrible time with the moving button and the buttons that connect to other players cities. If i click on them most of the time it will select the button AND the building behind it at the same time. This makes it VERY difficult to re arrange anything in my city. As for the button that allows me to visit other cities it will flash over to their city for a second then return to my city and select the building behind it.

DeletedUser

Status Report #1 on Hardware Accelleration (Beta) --- A/O 05/07/14

In general my graphics are faster. The following is specific info on performance -- This is after one day - Will continue monitoring and doing reports ( every day or maybe every other day or longer if you like between reports)

Note: All of the tests were on my Primary monitor

1: The refresh rate slows when switching cities the more times you do it
The following is a number count of times changing to another city to do MP, and the time in seconds (slow count) it takes for city to appear
0-1 seconds -- 5 -- then
1-2 seconds -- 10 -- then
2-3 seconds -- 10
then did a refresh and the above cycle repeated.
(Note: Will do a longer MP cycle before Refreshing next time)

2: Erasing Buildings
I was building (placing) a bunch of Townhouses. The Cursor did a Temporary erase of some Clapboard Houses it passed over. A Refresh returned the houses.
(Sorry - forgot to take a picture -- Can do this if it happens again if you need to see it)

1.25.23066 (06.05.2014 7:14), Sanderson49 (1541456), us2, en_US, WIN 13,0,0,206, Windows 7, Firefox/28.0, 1920x960, DirectX9 --- Primary Monitor
1.25.23066 (06.05.2014 7:14), Sanderson49 (1541456), us3, en_US, WIN 13,0,0,206, Windows 7, Firefox/28.0, 1680x901, DirectX9 --- Second Monitor

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2711

Sense this last update i have had a horrible time with the moving button and the buttons that connect to other players cities. If i click on them most of the time it will select the button AND the building behind it at the same time. This makes it VERY difficult to re arrange anything in my city. As for the button that allows me to visit other cities it will flash over to their city for a second then return to my city and select the building behind it.

I'm having the same problem with buildings clicking through the pop-up boxes. In some cases, I have no choice but to refresh the page because clicking the X to close the box just clicks the same building and re-opens the pop-up, over and over.

DeletedUser

When using Acceleration

Left-Click to move map around.

If you Left-Click near the center of your window the Screen to Mouse movement is reduced. What I mean is when you move your mouse - the screen's movement is greatly reduced.

To get faster movement you must Left-Click near the edges of the screen.

Personally - I prefer the 1 to 1 ratio that is standard with Acceleration turned off. And will not use the Acceleration if this is to be the standard pratice. I use the Left-Click a lot to move my screen around a lot. And now that the City Pan area is greatly increased this is a terrible way to move the screen around.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5438

I have found that this is not hardware acceleration at all. My gameplay has been greatly reduced.
Changing between cities to motivate/polish (or returning to my city) takes me approximately 6-10 seconds per city visited, and as previously mentioned it gets worse as you go.
I am using a Dell XPS L702X, Win7 64-bit. Intel I7-2670QM (2.2 Ghz up to 3.1 Ghz), 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000, and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M graphics card with 3GB video ram - 144@525-753Mhz 128/192 Bit@785-900 Mz.

DeletedUser10076

I ran it for a little bit, notice no real difference in the graphics(a little sharper but really who cares) and it slowed down my game so i shut it off.

DeletedUser8829

Wondering if anyone else experiences mouse flicker when running the game - I play in Firefox, Windows 7, and my mouse cursor will flicker between arrow and hand pointer whenever I'm in FOE. It doesn't happen on other pages. I've read through other discussion threads regarding mouse flicker and have made some adjustments to my controls, but am still getting this in FOE. It doesn't affect gameplay at all, it's just a slight annoyance, like seeing a strobe out of the corner of one's eye.