• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Change Log 1.29 - Feedback

DeletedUser10076

First I want to say I agree with Bruic, a lot of the changes that Inno has done in the past and including the current changes have been made as a way to deal with players who break the rules, and abuse the system. So as Bruic said, you should all be blaming THOSE players. Next I want to say, I saw so many of you complaining about the changes being made, the low % increase or how you will be putting in to many FPs for levels beyond 10 for the GBs or etc... but at least Inno IS MAKING these changes... At least NOW you CAN get your GB past level 10. I have been in many games where they don't invest or bother advancing the game or making changes at all. Those games didn't give a crap about keeping current players, or long term players happy, they only cared about sitting back, being lazy, and waiting for NEW players who hadn't outgrown the current game levels to join and put new money into it.

I also VERY rarely read anywhere that anyone says THANK YOU... no I am not kissing , I am serious... some people want to complain about honestly, what I think are stupid things to complain about, but no one wants to actually THANK Inno for the hard work they have done and are doing. I have been playing games for way too many years LOL, but I have been in some that I have loved AND hated... loved cuz they were great ideas, but HATED because the people who ran them just didn't care or give a crap. I have played games where you HAD to spend real money in order to really be able to get anywhere... at least in this game you CAN advance and play without issues and NOT have to spend a penny. I have played games where there were soo many glitches and bugs you were spending more time dealing with them then actually playing... and here, yes there are some minor ones but they don't last long. Oh and what I think is the best thing about this game, is that WHEN you do have an issue, you lose money, your game is not working or etc... and you actually submit a ticket about it, they DO CARE and they DO reply and things are usually resolved rather quickly, but I have played games where it would take weeks to get a reply from the staff and MAYBE if you were really lucky your issue would get resolved. Hell I played a game last year where you ONLY had access to "support" IF you were a premium player, meaning you PAID real money to have access to them... so if you did not pay for it, you did not get it, which means NONE of the issues you had ever got fixed.

Ok I am done... yeah I ranted... it is just some of you don't know how luck you are to be in a great game like this with staff that actually CARES and IS trying to make it better in the ways that they can.

Maybe, but whoever came up with the no units for siege thing should be drawn and quatered.

ITown

uh, ok here we go. my thank you to all that Inno has done in 2014

Thank you for:
- buffing mounted archers
- adding the modern era
- balancing the ME units
- adding the postmodern era
- marking unattached units

Now for the list of decisions they've made that I don't like:
- nerfing attack GBs
- adding GvG prematurely
- making events that are based purely on luck
- promising an indefinite level cap on GBs
- making levelup bonuses on GBs awful past level 10
- not fixing the terrible lag in both city and combat beginning with PE
- hall of fame
- medals giveaways in the world cup event

wonder why most feedback is negative.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

lol...gotta love the update. Yes, great we can increase the GB and use the BPs we have, but come on. I don't want to complain too much b/c I like that they are making improvements, but I do have one complaint to make. One Watch tower is now equal to FOUR complete sets of CDM blueprints and probably well over 3000 FP. REALLY??

Last edited:

DeletedUser6741

uh, ok here we go. my thank you to all that Inno has done in 2014

Thank you for:
- buffing mounted archers
- adding the modern era
- balancing the ME units
- adding the postmodern era
- marking unattached units

Now for the list of decisions they've made that I don't like:
- nerfing attack GBs
- adding GvG prematurely
- making events that are based purely on luck
- promising an indefinite level cap on GBs
- making levelup bonuses on GBs awful past level 10
- not fixing the terrible lag in both city and combat beginning with PE
- hall of fame
- medals giveaways in the world cup event

wonder why most feedback is negative.
As Sly Stewart used to sing, "Different Strokes for Different Folks." I happen to love the medal giveaways. I scored plenty of land from these and I'm sure players who aren't messing with GvG appreciate them, as opposed to say the HoF's.

DeletedUser4074

As Sly Stewart used to sing, "Different Strokes for Different Folks." I happen to love the medal giveaways. I scored plenty of land from these and I'm sure players who aren't messing with GvG appreciate them, as opposed to say the HoF's.

I do appreciate the medal giveaway, but wow is the price too low. I think you should be paying at least 1000 cups for a medal hit; that's about the point where it wouldn't be the standout best thing to get with your cups.

DeletedUser9640

I just want to address the argument made by Bruic and Myst. IF!!! the change to bronze age was done to address "cheating Players" that might be one thing, but first off, INNO is trying to hide behind making the games learning curve easer for new players. While we all know that's a load, its their stated reason for doing so and as such its laughable, new players aren't chasing Bps in bronze age this change isn't in any way going to affect them. Secondly how exactly is farming bronze age cheating? are we hacking the game? running bots? how is my setting up worlds to maximize quests while keeping the time involvement low any more of a cheat then someone dropping diamonds everywhere to toss up dozens of premium buildings? that's right its not spending money, cant have THAT. But I'm still spending time playing those worlds, i'm still spending earned FP's chasing bps, who cares if I do it in bronze age or camped at end of modern era. How is my having Gbs earlier then most people change the game balance more then putting people in hoods with players 2 ages above them that have 50x their points and armies that can wipe there defenses out with 2 units?
Honestly if INNO wants to stop it for a business model reason, or even a misguided fair play idea I could live with that but don't try to lie and say your doing it to help, your not helping us your hurting those of us who chose to play the game a certain way.

Lastly lets stop glossing over the main issue here which is that other then the nerfs INNO hasn't actually delivered anything. They promised lots of things but its on "hold". For how long? no one knows but right now they rushed in an update promising all kinds of great features and delivered exactly NOTHING! I get theres issues with the Ipad but do we think those showed up on the morning of the update? of course not they knew perfectly well none of the promised upgrades were going to be delivered and covered it with the ending fine print line of "Great building changes may not be available at the same time as the rest of the update"
So effectively they Lied about what was coming in this update. What they actually did put in was detrimental for everyone and the reason for putting those things in was yet another lie. And yet everyone is arguing over whether or not the boosts to Attack Gbs or the vouchers are right when THEY HAVENT HAPPENED yet.
Things do get delayed, changes don't always make everyone happy or go smoothly, I get all that but this update has been a giant disgrace. If they need more time to address I pad issues then hold the update, if they are concerned about how the game play is being used by some people then say so, don't just Lie and lie and lie.

DeletedUser8152

The cheat we assume they are after is people operating second accounts on the same server, and using the sub account to donate to the main one. That certainly is against the rules.

Yes, bummer about the delay. Perhaps they should give us a refund of our upgrade fee... :)

DeletedUser4074

I get theres issues with the Ipad but do we think those showed up on the morning of the update? of course not they knew perfectly well none of the promised upgrades were going to be delivered and covered it with the ending fine print line of "Great building changes may not be available at the same time as the rest of the update"
So effectively they Lied about what was coming in this update. What they actually did put in was detrimental for everyone and the reason for putting those things in was yet another lie. And yet everyone is arguing over whether or not the boosts to Attack Gbs or the vouchers are right when THEY HAVENT HAPPENED yet.
Things do get delayed, changes don't always make everyone happy or go smoothly, I get all that but this update has been a giant disgrace. If they need more time to address I pad issues then hold the update

I believe the iPad update is finished, but any iOS app - including updated ones - needs to be approved by Apple. There were a number of bugfixes in the 1.29 update, and some bugs added, as always, and it wasn't worth holding the entire update back just because Apple is protective of their sandbox.

DeletedUser9640

I believe the iPad update is finished, but any iOS app - including updated ones - needs to be approved by Apple. There were a number of bugfixes in the 1.29 update, and some bugs added, as always, and it wasn't worth holding the entire update back just because Apple is protective of their sandbox.

And that might well be, but the issue is a lack of communication. I don't believe there has yet been any official word about the delay. If they can give us multiple popups about diamond sales, and links to fill out surveys is it really that much to ask that in three days they MIGHT put out a simple "some elements of the update were delayed, we are working to get them implemented as quickly as possible" message? Not asking for an exact time and date but how bout an idea of this week, next, a month, something so were not left with nothing but forum post speculation and people on chat constantly asking where are my vouchers? how do I add level 11to my Gb and so on. Simple courtesy Is that if your running late you call and let people know, expecting the equivalent of that on botched update isn't asking a lot.

*Arturis*

I don't know what the hold up on change is GB for it got anything to do with Apple, Beta version with the change had been out for almost a month.

DeletedUser2145

Changelog thread: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?6717-Change-Log-1-29

Excerpt:
UPDATE: The Great Building updates may not come at the same time all the other 1.29 updates do. As soon as the latest iPad version is released, the Great Building improvements will be available ingame.

Maybe they do not know how long it will take for the iPad app to be updated and therefore they cannot give a precise date. A general waiting time might be 5 days but they cannot say those changes will be delayed for 5 days as complications are almost always possible.

DeletedUser11728

To say the least, I am quite disappointed with the latest changes and lack of addressing long-existing problems. There has been a definite change to fighting, regardless of PvP or GvG. Unless things are not being shown correctly on the screen, there has been a major nerf added to those on the offensive, or a major boost given to those on the defensive. Going into a battle where my troops are shown to have 33% boost, and the opposition has 4% boost from a single watchfire, the outcomes are ridiculous. While I am glad mounted archers have been given a longer range than before, making them more useful, the bonus given to mercs is outrageous. I have seen defensive mercs make an attack on an AI and bring it's health down by 30%. The AI was standing on the plains, and the merc was not fighting from bush or forest terrain. While cats have been able to pulverize cavalry in just a couple of attacks, I made an attack with my catapult on a heavy cavalry, and it literally sloughed off the attack, taking no damage.

If GBs have been nerfed on the amount of bonus they give, fine, but at least show the correct numbers so we know whether it is a fight worth trying, or not. If there have been no changes in the bonuses provided from GBs or watchfires, then please explain how a 29% bonus to combat is more like 2%, if that. I am not alone in this, as my entire guild as seen the same changes to combat.

As far as long-existing problems, the lag in this game is HORRENDOUS. The amount of minute animation that goes on is not only pointless, but has ground this game into the dirt. Having played [game reference removed] or [game reference removed], as bad as the game-play and cheating is involved with hacks there, at least the games were playable, and [game reference removed] is
real-time play. This is a TURN based game that is ridiculous as far as the amount of RAM is eats up to try to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay.. so there we have it. It won't be much longer and all the new current changes should go into effect. That means we grab a cup of coffee, sit back, enjoy the game and wait for a few more days. That's fine by me.
I just hope I live long enough to see the last of the major changes to this wonderful game. I'm not getting any younger you know? ;)

DeletedUser10785

HoFs

I got 8 HoFs for the use in helping my guild lv up I am in ME and when i go tthem useing diamonds to get the 15k cups to pruchase the HoFs they were at 135 points now they are at 90 so I feel that they should be set back to 135 points to where i purchased them at
In effect you scamed me out of my diamonds gave me a product worth so much then took the value of that product down without returning me anything for the trouble or diamonds i have spent on a item worth less now.

i am not happy with the change as it has ripped me offon the value of what i origanly baught in game 135 points to 90 points on A ME HoF x8 is alot of points Inno has devalued my purchase.

you changed the values you can change them back to what i origanly puchesed them at and other players who spent diamondsto secure that item at its origanal point value.

HoFs are a great non aggressive way to gain guild lv and the update just gutted that for alot of guilds.

Jade

DeletedUser10076

While I truely hate the HOF in its current form, I do find it weird that the europe peeps are getting a small refund but we are not.

DeletedUser9433

While I truely hate the HOF in its current form, I do find it weird that the europe peeps are getting a small refund but we are not.

Is this true? Are you able to provide a link showing this refund please?

*Arturis*

EN server had their GB level cap removed and can use vouchers today. Shouldn't we have it in US as well? Why does it US servers always lack behind in update?
Here is the announcement:
[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
*Final Update*

The GB improvements are active as the iPad update is released

We are sorry for the delay but hope that you enjoy this improvement.