• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.105 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

We always comments and suggestions, leave them here! We look forward to reading them.

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser17681

Are we ever going to get the new GB contributions screen like in Beta? Some of our GBs are high level here on the older cities on live servers and putting 100 FPs one at a time is a real pain. Ten at a time is so much easier, and kinder to our carpel tunnel wrists!!! Please implement this, it has been working a long time on Beta.

Amativissimus

Is anything being done about the horrible tendency to crash when running Microsoft Edge? I mostly use a campus computer lab where they just went to mandatory Edge, and it crashes after between 25 and 45 minutes in FOE; I end up signing out, closing Edge and signing back in, and now sometimes that doesn't even work. It seems to be related to all the Flash bells and whistles, but then I'm not a programmer and just know how much my programmer friends hate Flash with a deep and abiding passion.

DeletedUser

Can you make the tavern aid button more like the regular aid button? Can you do away with the pop-up screen showing a seat being taken?... it's cute, and all but it's just a delay for all 100 of my friends!!

Algona

Log in this morning and getting an annoying flickering / flashing where the screen pops up the Cherry Garden(?) background art for just a split second.

Only happeneing in FoE. Even after reboot.

Anyone else? Or is my Vintage 2001 PC finally needing retirement?

DeletedUser

Log in this morning and getting an annoying flickering / flashing where the screen pops up the Cherry Garden(?) background art for just a split second.

It's been happening with me, too. I think it has to do with Flash. Again.

DeletedUser26965

2001:confused:Good grief lol I'm going with option 2. Didn't think you could even play this game with such an outdated rig with the memory leak issue this game has.

DeletedUser

2001:confused:Good grief lol I'm going with option 2. Didn't think you could even play this game with such an outdated rig with the memory leak issue this game has.
My laptop is less than 2 years old, and I have been noticing the same thing. Mostly when I click on the world I want to go to, but it seems to be doing it some in GE now when going between screens.
(Do you think he has to use dial-up with a PC that old? LOL)

DeletedUser26965

My laptop is less than 2 years old, and I have been noticing the same thing. Mostly when I click on the world I want to go to, but it seems to be doing it some in GE now when going between screens.
Try the screen size as well in your browser options, I know sometimes when I'm on certain zoom settings things get glitchy like that.

Algona

Thanks for the afvice, SJS, I'll giive it a whirl. I'm sorry to see others have this problem, I was hoping it was just me.

Yeah 2001 PC Win XP, Unsupported Crome...It's my intarw3b PC. I figure if it burns no biggie.

FoE has run fine even though I'm nearing 2K troops and have a pretty fair sized city.

But its also happening in my pretty small startup as well..

DeletedUser

Try the screen size as well in your browser options, I know sometimes when I'm on certain zoom settings things get glitchy like that.
I never change things like that, so I'm thinking it's just what we would see if we didn't have the screen with the green bar filling up while the world loaded. Doesn't seem to be affecting the game performance at all.

DeletedUser26965

yeah they could have broke sumptin. I'm messing around on an old IDE HDD with Win 7 and when I switch back between a forum tab and game tab the game freezes but it's intermittent so who knows.

DeletedUser10655

Mine is flickering / flashing quite a bit, nearly every time I try to move around my City. Very annoying.

Algona

I tried different screen settings. No bueno. Thanks for the advice, though, SJS, I appreciate the help.

Although I just used 2 tix to get an SoK. Annoying flickering vs 2 Tix SoKs? Seems like a fine deal.

Yeah the flickering gets substantially more frequent when I try anything like GE. Or when I was on my 24 hour city wide collection.

DeletedUser26965

I got unit productions and when I place a new building getting stuck on 0 on the timer too.

DeletedUser26965

And just to make GE negotiations a bit more challenging, missing icons:eek:
missing negotiations - Copy.JPG

edit: thankfully it seems to be only happening to correct ones

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

In Ge after i moved a unit the vacant space stayed Gold.

Oy. The pain. But I also hit another SoK this morning . On one spin. Best bug ever?

DeletedUser

And just to make GE negotiations a bit more challenging, missing icons:eek:
View attachment 5406

edit: thankfully it seems to be only happening to correct ones
Ahem...that's the way it's always been. Once you get one correct, it shows blank on subsequent tries. At least, I think that's the way it works. Okay, now I'm doubting my own memory. :eek:

DeletedUser26965

Ahem...that's the way it's always been. Once you get one correct, it shows blank on subsequent tries. At least, I think that's the way it works. Okay, now I'm doubting my own memory. :eek:
lol, you know I thought for a second there it was

DeletedUser27889

I'm quite happy to see this as I was wondering if my laptop was starting to bite the bullet. I hadn't tried seeing if it was doing it on other things yet but being as FoE seems to use up much of the ram seeing those flashes made me think something was starting to go.

For me every time I change tabs to the game it 'bounces' and flashes black (or maybe it's dark blue?) it was so fast I thought it was the whole screen but now I see it's just the game window.