• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.106 feedback

DeletedUser29247

Thank you for reading the changelog, please leave your feedback here. Thank you, your Forge of Empires team.

Algona

Worst. Changelog. Evar.

Of course when i posted this 1.06 hadn't been announced yet.

flickflickflick flick flick flick flickflickflick

DeletedUser26965

Changelog 1.106

A week or so ago I noticed when I was tabbing back to the game it would do the flicker thing but it also freezes. So this update is only fixing the flickering and not the freezing? Seems odd, never had either problem until recently.

Like the goods option.

Last edited by a moderator:

centaurgod

Though the flashing is most noticed in Chrome, which you stated as the primary browser with problem, the flashing also occurs on firefox, though to a vastly lesser extent. On a scale of 1 to 10 with the Chrome browser being a 10, firefox is about a 2. It also flashes worse on Opera depending on the day. Some days maybe a 7 other days maybe a 14. To be honest I wold rather deal with the occasional ''freeze'' where all I have to do resize the browser window (from max to max...lol) instead of getting headaches with all that flickering and missed mouse clicks.

DeletedUser12383

Noticed the recurring quest for spending 139 forge points is no longer working when you draw from packs, only from the FP counter. This can't possibly be intentional.

DeletedUser17090

Am I the only one that can't collect more than 10 FP's at a time? This just started. It's like the game rolled back a year or 2 till when you could have only 10 FP's max at any time. WTF

DeletedUser8345

My coin boost provided by St Mark's Basilica has disappeared with this update. Please fix this.

Algona

The flickering has stopped. Thank youINNO.

Edit: checking the other problems now.

My SMB is wotking properly, I had the expected Coin boosts and was able to collect from Gouses, SoKs and other buildings as expected.

I was able to collect 12 FP. I collected 10, then picked up from an SoK, waited for it to refgster, then picked up another SoK. Appears to be working properly for me.

I'll check this again in my main city later.

Noticed the recurring quest for spending 139 forge points is no longer working when you draw from packs, only from the FP counter. This can't possibly be intentional.

I'll check this later in my main city. It will be a while though. Checked on my main, it works fine for me.

My recommendation to the preceeding 3 posters, go to the Bugs Forum and post there as well.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2393

The "freeze" issue isn't only limited to chrome, it also occurs in IE, possibly when the window is out of focus. My workaround has been to just restore/maximize the window (in other words resize). This might mean its a flash or inno issue.

Next question.... what is going to be done about adobe ending flash in 2020? Ready to port the game to typescript/html5? Let me know.

Next question........ when are you going to fix the great building contributions dialog? When it refreshes after selecting a building and going back it displays the wrong data for the page, please display the data for the page that was currently navigated to.

-test3r

DeletedUser26965

DeletedUser27889

The screen flickering seems to be gone for me.

The new trade button seems like it will save a lot of time. I've always disliked having to first look at your stock pile then use the drop down, this should cut down the time it takes to set trades considerably.

DeletedUser26965

"Please be aware that because of the reverted fix the game may freeze again, on occasion."

I had the freezing after the fix and I have it now. I've only ever used Chrome and never had this problem of freezing until recently. Moving away from Flash can't come soon enough, thankfully it is though.

DeletedUser27889

Before the change to bouncy flicky town I did not have a freezing issue while in chrome. During our visit in bouncy flicky town I also did not have an issue. Now I cannot go to another tab without the game stopping and usually freezing. I understand they are saying all they did was undo whatever they did but I was not one of the people that had freezing issues before, now I am.

Still using the same computer, same browser but now it's different. I used to be able to even close my laptop, reopen it, give it a sec and the game would still have not crashed. Now whenever I look at another tab and tab back to the game it is either frozen and will not wake up or only a small frozen box of my city remains in a screen of blue. If I want to play the game I need to reload

Is it just myself and SJS who now have freezing issues that were not there before?

DeletedUser26965

Is it just myself and SJS who now have freezing issues that were not there before?
Think they said in the changelog that the freezing may come back. I think perhaps if you tested long enough when the "fix" for the freezing was in effect you would have been able to replicate it at some point as the freezing is intermittent which makes for a real pain to diagnose. I don't know what caused the freezing in the first place but I didn't notice it until after the attempted fix for it which also brought the problem described as "flicker". Regardless I could get it to freeze after the fix and after the fix was removed.