• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.109

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser31424

I HATE THE NEW GREAT BUILDING WINDOW. IT IS UGLY. IT IS TOO COMPLICATED. ADMIT IT........

I want to see the GB while I'm adding FP.... I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO CLICK TO ANOTHER WINDOW TO SEE IT!!!

If you're going to change something.. make it BETTER, simple rule that you should try to follow next time. You screwed up this time, and it's ok, but fix it fast please. TY

DeletedUser26560

Thank you for reading the changelog, please leave your feedback here.

Thank you, your Forge of Empires team. :)

It has been requested that I link the announcement.

This is a Copy/Paste I submitted to Support where the real action of this patch should be addressed.

I did not say much when you changed the Town Hall interface but now you have also changed the Great Building contribution interface to a similar configuration. These look CRAPPY and are very confusing to use, change themt back, the old interfaces are MUCH BETTER.
I dont understand why you game designers think you have to change stuff that is working fine because the changes are usually not as good.
Is it just busy work? Stop fiddling, if works dont try to fix it, instead fix the stuff that doesnt work.

I suppose you could have just added a link button to choose to use Forge Points from a Forge Point package instead of taking FP from packages automatically and changing the whole GB interface to look like a kindergarden drawing.

DeletedUser27889

Sorry, I just didn't find the answer all that helpful (no offense). At the end of the day you know you are getting X from collections plus 1 per hour that you need to spend. What is the advantage to using packs for stix (or whatever else) instead of using packs only when you don't have sufficient fps to meet your obligations? What am I missing?
Here's an example from me, today.

I had to add 57 points to a GB, I had 50 points left on my current RQ for spending FP so obviously I wanted to spend 50 in packs FIRST then the 7 from my bar since I would be reloading the spend FP RQ. If I added the 7 first I would then need to put 4 ten packs on, exit GB load a 10 pack to my bar spend 3 collect HQ spent 7. Essentially going in and out of windows putting things in my bar before the GB.

It seems they did not fix the issue with mobile players having difficulty adding FPs to GBs they just passed it on to us so we could join in the fun.

It just seems like all of this could have been avoided by keeping the old window and once you hit the + sign you can add over and over again without having to have had to click the + sign again. IE load GB, you want to use packs? Hit plus sign click on the pack BUT THEN THAT DOESN'T CLOSE THE WINDOW so you can keep adding packs, the individual 2 5 10 as they were. They had the solution the entire time and it was as simple as removing the line of code that closed the + sign window when you clicked on the pack you wanted to add. Which forced you to open the + sign again, click another pack, open the + sign, another pack etc etc. Just don't close the window till the user closes it, simple as that. Add 1 click to close subtract 100 clicks for putting packs.

Algona

I was winding down after a few hours of sniping GBs tonite. Fine run, I profited around 200 FP, triggered 10 or so spend 81 FP RQs, and sweetest of all 20 much needed Arc BPs. I wasn't really paying close attention as I ws doing this, I was in the sniper's warm glow of crushing bad bidders dreams.

Last GB needs 13 FP. FP Bar is empty. I click add 1 FP 13 times. Finish the snipe. Ready to log off.

And, Hmmm. Odd, my FP Bar is now at 7? What?

I;ve always got FP Dumps. so now biggie. But what;s going on?

Check Inv FPs. That's odd. No 2 FP Packs, no 5 FP packs. I had 40 deuces and 25 5s earlier today. They're all gone, Nothing but 10 packs.

And figured it out. The new interface had eaten all the deuces and 5s and was sucking down 10s. Instead of 'making change, the new interface was taking a 10 FP pack putting one FP on the GB, then putting the rest on the FP Bar,

This sucks.

I've spent over 2 years working real hard to accumulate Inv FPs. It's been a fetish, I'll happily spend 10 Bar FPs to get 5 Inv FPs.

instead, now I get the joy of Inv FPs getting converted to Bar FPs.

Again, this sucks.

I used to dump a 2 pack on a stick GBs. Now? I don't have any 2 packs! Lose a 10 pack? Wait a couple hours to accumualte 2 FP and hope I don't forget in the meantime?

Is there some way to work the new interface to avoid this?

Last edited:

DeletedUser31427

It automatically uses the smallest pack you have in inventory.
That's the biggest issue I have with the change. I like to save some of my 2-FP and 5-FP packs for times when I only need a couple. Instead they all get used up when I'm putting 1000 FPs on a GB and then I'm only left with my 10-FP packs. If they can add separate buttons for the smaller packs or enable some way to choose which one gets used first, I'd be fine with the update.

DeletedUser20367

It was suggested several times on Beta that just adding the + button with it's normal functionality to the new interface would solve a lot of the complaints from people who wanted to control their FP pack usage. They chose not to do that. I really do wonder if FP packs aren't on the way out. Although, if they change things so that GB rewards go straight to the bar then the screams from high level Arc owners will probably deafen half the world. :D

I have nothing against high level Arc owners. Working on becoming one myself. I just like to control my FP pack usage. The new interface has some good points. I like how you can spend 10 from the bar with one click even if you have more than 10 currently in it but the interface could still be improved.

There could EASILY be three more buttons under the current 3. I would like 2 FP pack, 5 FP pack and a higher number (20-50) that would come from any source, like the current 10 FP button. Will we see any changes? Who knows?

DeletedUser20367

I was winding down after a few hours of sniping GBs tonite. Fine run, I profited around 200 FP, triggered 10 or so spend 81 FP RQs, and sweetest of all 20 much needed Arc BPs. I wasn't really paying close attention as i ws doing this, i was in the sniper's warm glow of crushing bad bidders dreams.

Last GB needs 13 FP. FP Bar is empty. I click add 1 FP 13 times. Finish the snipe. Ready to log off.

And, Hmmm. Odd, my FP Bar is now at 7? What?

I;ve always got FP Dumps. so now biggie. But what;s going on?

Check Inv FPs. That's odd. No 2 FP Packs, no 5 FP packs. I had 40 deuces and 25 5s earlier today. They're all gone, Nothing but 10 packs.

And figured it out. The new interface had eaten all the deuces and 5s and was sucking down 10s. Instead of 'making change, the new interface was taking a 10 FP pack putting one FP on the GB, then putting the rest on the FP Bar,

This sucks.

I've spent over 2 years working real hard to accumulate Inv FPs.

Now i get the joy of small amounts of Inv FPs getting converted to Bar FPs.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

Okay, just checked on this.

FP bar empty. Clicked 'use 10 FP' and it used a 10 FP pack. Have already confirmed that clicking the 'use 1 FP' button when the bar is empty will open a 2 FP pack, putting the 2nd FP into the bar. I would imagine that it would open a 5 FP pack if you had no 2's.

So, if you use the 'use 1 FP' button a lot it will eventually eat up your 2 & 5 FP packs. Just as the 'use 10 FP' button will eat up your 10 FP packs.

DeletedUser26925

This will be good for some, but I'd like a toggle that would prevent me from accidentally spending more FP than I have on my bar. Forge points in packs are precious; much more valuable than forge points on the bar. Spending them accidentally wouldn't be as bad as spending diamonds accidentally, but it would not be good.

Rightmost button helps with this, as it's for fp bar only.

This will still not prevent an accidental spending of FP packages if you hit the wrong button, there should be a minimum of a confirmation dialog when spending from your inventory just like diamonds. Otherwise this is just an annoyance that I now have to be careful when spending FP on great buildings entirely. And who chooses which packages get spent first? I am not liking this change at all.

DeletedUser13838

I know exactly how many FPs I make and exactly how many I am obligated to spend (through GB Clubs or personal swaps, etc.), which leaves me knowing how many I have left for the day to spend on the tech tree and the endless threads. I generally put 2 FPs on each Stix-to-Bricks building, and in an active, guild, that can be up to 6/day (usually less, but there have been days where we have had that many new buildings). I choose to use the 2-pt. packages to cover these donations because they tend to accumulate since I use the larger packages for larger donations or the tech tree. Why does it bother you that I (and obviously others) have a system that utilizes the FP packages differently from you?
It doesn't bother me, I was just trying to understand the benefit you lost with the new interface. From my experience, nothing has been lost with mobile. If you don't want to use the new system, you can use packs from inventory exactly the same way as before. On browser you lost the ability to use your pack of choice from the GB interface but you can now use the same method as mobile (I'm not 100% sure but I didn't think you could open packs to 100+ on the prior broswer version). In fact it seems a little easier to me to use packs from inventory than the old GB interface (since you couldn't open a new pack if your bar was at 10+) but it could be different if you're not using so many at once. Either way it just doesn't seem like a big deal to get so worked up about it. There are much bigger problems IMO.
This will still not prevent an accidental spending of FP packages if you hit the wrong button, there should be a minimum of a confirmation dialog when spending from your inventory just like diamonds. Otherwise this is just an annoyance that I now have to be careful when spending FP on great buildings entirely. And who chooses which packages get spent first? I am not liking this change at all.
Please say no to confirmation pop ups for using inventory fps.

DeletedUser

In fact it seems a little easier to me to use packs from inventory than the old GB interface (since you couldn't open a new pack if your bar was at 10+) but it could be different if you're not using so many at once.
No, it's not. On the old interface you could just click on the + sign and pick the pack size to donate. Now, you have to go to inventory, open a pack to go to your FP bar, then go back to the GB interface (which could take 3-4 clicks), then use the FP from the bar. If you try to do it from the GB interface, you have no control over which packs get used first. The default seems to be smallest packs first, and then you run into the problem that has already been mentioned on the Forum of having all your 2 and 5 packs used up first, leaving you with nothing but 10 packs. That damages your flexibility in using FP packs.

DeletedUser13838

Sorry, I'm confusing the old GB interface with the tech interface. But I still don't see the enormity of the problem if you can add whatever fps you want from inventory then go to the GB to dump it in. It's an extra few clicks in total?

DeletedUser

Sorry, I'm confusing the old GB interface with the tech interface. But I still don't see the enormity of the problem if you can add whatever fps you want from inventory then go to the GB to dump it in. It's an extra few clicks in total?
It's a pain in the a**, is what it is. Used to be, when I was donating relatively large numbers of FP and fulfilling the "spend x FPs" quest, I could tailor my donations right from the GB interface without opening/closing different windows. For example, "Spend 81 FP" quest. I could do three 2 packs, a 5 pack and seven 10 packs. Or, I could use 1 from the bar and eight 10 packs. Or, whatever combination I chose. All from one window. Not any more. Now, if I want to use specific pack combinations, I have to click in and out of the inventory and GB interface windows, and of course having to go back to my city screen in between. Loads of fun. Not.

Algona

If you need to spend 3 FP and don't have a 2 or 5 pack in inventory you wind up with a 10 pack being converted to 7 Bar FP.

You may choose to not see that as a problem. Between Swaps, Snipes, sticks. I do dozens of FP transactions per day means the potential loss of a lot of Inv FPs.. I'll see if I can train myself to not have this problem, butseriously...

An improvement to the game that costs players Resources and requires changing how they play seems a bit off kilter to me.

It still sicks.

Freshmeboy

Essentially, INNO has designed the new interface to eat up inventory unless you take the time to exit the menu, arrange packs and buy individual fps, then reenter the menu to contribute. It's not an error in judgement on their part nor a misguided attempt to 'help' us play efficiently.....It is a calculated response to player acrimony about the original menu designed to have YOU, the player, eat up your own inventory stock without even noticing. INNO is certain that the evil in this game is the hoarding of fp packs, and while they are a powerful tool, they are not the boogeyman INNO believes them to be...unless it thwarts the way they wish us to play this game. Hmmmmm.....

DeletedUser28970

has designed the new interface to eat up inventory
That's just plain goofy ... but that seems to be the common 'song and dance number' being posted now today ... it is NOT possible despite all the complicated scenarios folk think up and are presenting here in the Forum. I've read them all (yes, I can read), pages of it, and none of them make even the slightest sense. In this latest post the only possible response is: "It's not a conspiracy."

Nothing that I can see is different except a new "Use 10 FP" button ...
if 'something new and different makes you afraid' then just use the "Use 1 FP" button only ... forever ... it's safe ... just like Mommy ... it won't 'steal' your FPs!

Let us know how it goes, okay.

Goofy silliness

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28970

If you need to spend 3 FP and don't have a 2 or 5 pack in inventory you wind up with a 10 pack being converted to 7 Bar FP.

How did you do it before?????
How can you do it now?????

You use the "Use 1 FP" button" or you go to Inventory and convert a pack.

I don't see that anything has changed. I do have to admit that the game may be played completely differently on Mobile for some unknown reason but I don't go there so I wouldn't know.

Is what all of you really want is to be able to use 2 FPs out of a 10 pak and keep the remaining 8 in Inventory? That's all I can figure. Didn't happen before ... isn't happening now ... and won't happen in the future. So I don't get it.

Maybe you all can get those "+50" and "+100" buttons you so desperately want ... but that won't solve this new "problem" that has been created by folk in the last couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator: