• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.109

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser30312

I don't think you can call all of us that don't like the interface "newer players". Just because you don't understand the problem with it doesn't mean the problems aren't there.

I was at least partially alluding to how changing pack fp from the GE and the Treasure Hunt (well not like the latter going to matter much longer) to bar fp hits a less established player harder in some ways than it does for a more established one. With fewer options to acquire packs, it makes it harder for the player accumulate them for locking in spots on GBs or buying higher age goods, and thus harder for them to obtain the powerful higher age GBs, just to name 2 uses. It certainly slowed down some parts of my advancement a bit.

I DO agree with the sentiment that Inno's off target (perhaps WAY off target) by blaming the stockpiling of FP packs for whatever game balance problem they think they're causing.

DeletedUser13838

No, that was what I meant. But I communicated it poorly, my apologies.

It's a problem of management. Sure under the old system a player that used up their deuces and fives had to burn tens. But we had a tool, the + key, to eeasily avoid that. Under the old system a player could easily manage their Inv FPs to never run out of deuces and fives and never have Inv FPs unintentionally converted to Bar FPs.

Now unless one is quite vigilant and spends a lot of time verifying their current Inventory, it's too easy to accidentally use up the deuces and fives without realizing it and unintentionally convert Inv FPs to Bar FPs.

Did i ecplain it clearly this time?
Sure but I had to be vigilant with the 2s and 5s even before. Maybe my reaction differs because I primarily used the mobile version because I felt the browser version was clunky even with the ability to select your pack of choice. Of course with billions of coins buying the odd fps to avoid the problem entirely was easier but the lack of that option was another gripe.

Algona

Sure but I had to be vigilant with the 2s and 5s even before.

And you had had the tool in the GB interface to be vigilant.

Of course with billions of coins buying the odd fps to avoid the problem entirely was easier but the lack of that option was another gripe.

Exactly.

Cange probably should not decrease functionality, increase Resource usage inefficiency, and consume more time.

DeletedUser31199

Thank you for reading the changelog, please leave your feedback here.

Thank you, your Forge of Empires team. :)

It has been requested that I link the announcement.

Although I like the new Forge Point display for Great Buildings, there is a bug (in mine). When wanting to, for instance, spend 15 FPs on someone's GB, and I have, say, 17 FPs on my bar, I select to click the 10 FP point button, planning to then click the 1 FP button 5 times, but when clicking the 10 FP button, I am then unable to click any buttons after that, I must close it out, reopen, then click the 1 FP button 5 times. But, if I click the 1 FP button 5 times first, I can then click the 10 FP button with no problem.

Also, I intensely dislike the automatic removal of FP packages just because you say we will "be able to see this" before clicking. It is far too easy to click accidentally. That should be removed or provide the popup option of using a package, diamonds or coins to buy FPs just as with the trade market etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26560

Many do not like the new format but hey, FOE dont give a crap and will just tell us to live with it like it or not that is what we are stuck with.

qaccy

Many also didn't like when the message system was changed, and people even complained when aid was first added to the game as an alternative to manually visiting people. Just because people are complaining on the forums doesn't mean the majority of players think a new feature is bad, or even that there's actually a problem. Especially highlighted by the aid update, people just like to complain about any sort of change regardless of what it is.

For my part, I'll repeat that I think the new GB interface is more of a revamp than a definite improvement but I certainly like how much faster it is to donate to GBs now compared to the old interface. This coming from someone who's had a level 80+ Arc for over a year now and spent tens of thousands of FP donating to GBs. I mean really, with all the FP big Arc players have and are capable of making, are we really coming into this thread to complain about 'wasting' single-digit FP amounts on a donation of hundreds or thousands per GB? Is that seriously what's happening here? Personally, if I'm filling a spot that requires over 1000 FP to lock I don't care if I'm left with 1-9 FP in my bar at the end that I have to find a use for. EDIT: I should add in that this is a suitable tradeoff for making said 1000+ donation in a fraction of the time it used to take.

Last edited:

Freshmeboy

Qaccy I think the real issue here is that INNO intentionally set up a less functional and manageable tool in favor of speed when they could easily could have added the element of speed and left the ability to control individual fp packs. This was not an error in dev judgement or a slipshod affair rushed to the frenzied masses crying for change but a calculated plan to decrease the fp pack inventories of players with a new interface...for those players with hundreds of thousands of fps in storage the loss of a few 2's and 5's is a drop in the bucket but for players managing less expansive fortunes it can have unwanted consequences.

qaccy

Qaccy I think the real issue here is that INNO intentionally set up a less functional and manageable tool in favor of speed when they could easily could have added the element of speed and left the ability to control individual fp packs. This was not an error in dev judgement or a slipshod affair rushed to the frenzied masses crying for change but a calculated plan to decrease the fp pack inventories of players with a new interface...for those players with hundreds of thousands of fps in storage the loss of a few 2's and 5's is a drop in the bucket but for players managing less expansive fortunes it can have unwanted consequences.

Like what? If you're so inclined, it's still totally possible to use FP the 'old way' by loading packs into the bar manually. It's slower, but if carefully controlling your pack usage is more important to you (this is not really something to consider when making large donations) then it ultimately won't be that much of a hassle. Making a mountain out of a molehill, perhaps?

Freshmeboy

Nope...no mountain, no mole...just pointing out the obvious flaw in a new interface..really, would it have been that difficult to add speed to the old interface...? I don't think so...so why did INNO create a flawed interface...? What was their purpose in sacrificing management for speed...? I'm with you on this Qaccy, I like the speed of my huge donations, I just think it was a bad adjustment to the old interface that was unnecessary.....

qaccy

Nope...no mountain, no mole...just pointing out the obvious flaw in a new interface..really, would it have been that difficult to add speed to the old interface...? I don't think so...so why did INNO create a flawed interface...? What was their purpose in sacrificing management for speed...? I'm with you on this Qaccy, I like the speed of my huge donations, I just think it was a bad adjustment to the old interface that was unnecessary.....

I personally don't think it's flawed, but it's certainly different. As I mentioned, there isn't really anything stopping you from opening your FP inventory manually and loading packs into the bar from there. Considering 2s and 5s are typically only used as one-off drops or to round off large donations, I guess I'm not really understanding how this 'reduced control of pack usage' is somehow such a big deal when the majority of the time we're using 10 packs anyway. Unless you're making triple-digit donations using nothing but 2s and 5s?

DeletedUser27889

I personally don't think it's flawed, but it's certainly different. As I mentioned, there isn't really anything stopping you from opening your FP inventory manually and loading packs into the bar from there. Considering 2s and 5s are typically only used as one-off drops or to round off large donations, I guess I'm not really understanding how this 'reduced control of pack usage' is somehow such a big deal when the majority of the time we're using 10 packs anyway. Unless you're making triple-digit donations using nothing but 2s and 5s?
The next event is an excellent way to show how flawed the new GB window is. You will receive quests that say spend 5 FP. Ok... go to a GB hit the 1 button 5 times, it will open 3 2 packs, you will have wasted one on the bar when you could have put a 5 pack there before.

You will now need to load the bar with FP for every quest.

It requires you to load points on your bar, then spend them. But make sure you don't do this out of order, add all packs to the GB before you put anything on your bar or you'll screw yourself. IE if you have 2 on your bar and need to add 17 to a GB. The logical thing would be to spend 1 10 pack 1 5 pack and the 2 from your bar right? Here are the steps that are now involved with that:
Load GB
Hit add 10- 2 will be removed from your bar, 10 removed from inventory,2 will be put back on your bar.
Exit GB
Go to bar and add a 5 pack
Re enter GB.
Click empty bar.

Or you could drop the 2, add the ten exit add 5 to bar reenter. Saving you 0 steps. Essentially there is now no way of spending 5 packs than loading them into your bar or running out of 10's or 2's.

Run out of 2's? Great, now hitting the +1 button means you waste 4 FP instead of 1.

That is now a 6 step process. Essentially they just reversed the issues from mobile on to browser. The complaint about mobile was having to load points to the bar to spend, now that's what we need to do too. Unless or until they start treating inventory FP as a FP pool this is the most convoluted system I could imagine.

Add 10 button is great but wasting FP and having to constantly sit there and math out how you're going to add exact amounts to GBs without wasting points with this new system is horrible.

DeletedUser27889

I strongly feel it could be better if player feedback was fully taken into consideration
You hit the nail on the head ardak. They had it in beta for months then EN for months all getting user feedback with the same comments over and over and over again. So much so that when they released it they had to say 'we have no plan to change it to better utilize packs'. They ignored dozens of people before the switch to full release live and many many more since (not just us, I looked at the other forums and they were all the same). Many players made their own mock ups (myself included) on better ways to go about it but virtually everything was ignored.

It makes me curious why they were so resistant to fix the issue it created with packs. I really hope it's not because they intend to get rid of packs all together.

An inno rep on beta did say based on the feedback they could use it to improve it. Though none of the comments received since live are much different than any of those they've gotten before so if they wouldn't fix it then I doubt they're going to fix it now.

I think if given the choice I would pick this over the old, being able to add 10 at once is great but there's just no reason we had to give up control over packs for it or complicate using them efficiently so much.

Freshmeboy

I agree Manda...at this stage in my game the speed helps far more than management of packs and the occasional error I make in math or attention span when a new point is actually forged on the bar is a small price to pay. It doesn't change the fact that INNO went this route with ulterior motives and calculated indifference to the wails and cries of the beta forums...it makes me wonder about the beta itself and how much they actually listen to them...if they aren't listening there, what about here......? Actions like this and the DC minority rollout betray the trust players put in the system designed by the devs...player communication is one of INNO's most useful tools in building a successful product with longevity and new content. Creating a divide between the gaming population and the devs is not good business....

qaccy

@Manda the first
Maybe I'm just being woefully ignorant of the issue, if there indeed is one at all. When you're donating to a GB you're only putting in an odd number that isn't comprised of a lump sum of 10 packs once, assuming you're talking about locking in a spot or something. For example, if you're donating 113 FP to a GB and you have any number from 1-9 in the bar, there's nothing at all stopping you from opening the FP inventory manually, using 2s and/or 5s to reach 13 in the bar, emptying your bar and then hitting the 10 button 10 times. Any amount in the bar that you start with can be used to reach whatever odd number is needed for a GB donation, and you'd only have to open the FP inventory once in these situations. So, again, pardon my seemingly extreme ignorance here but...what's the problem, exactly? No control was removed, it's just taken care of differently now. The way I see it, if anybody's wasting FP with the new UI it's because there's a bit of a breaking in period they're going through where they're getting used to how the new UI works, because the FP inventory window still exists in exactly the same form it always has for when you're interested in precise pack usage.

DeletedUser27889

113 FP to a GB and you have any number from 1-9 in the bar, there's nothing at all stopping you from opening the FP inventory manually, using 2s and/or 5s to reach 13 in the bar, emptying your bar and then hitting the 10 button 10 times.
You can only load the bar from inventory to 10 ( and remainder from a pack, lets say you have 9 on the bar load a 5 you can have 14 there but add no more, put a single 10 on and have no more)

So per your example you would have to go okay I have 4 in my bar and I need 13 so add a 5 pack have 9 add 2 thats 11 and I'm stopped so instead add the a 2 pack first thats 6 then another 2 thats 8 then a 5 pack which will end in 13.

^ I didn't write the above to sound condescending. It's how I was writing while doing the math meant to be edited later but I realized it showed my point better left as is. It was that plus several 'umms' and some fingers may or may not have been used =)

I don't mind loading up a calc and figuring out high arc boosts bonuses and lock amounts. I consider that playing on FoE advanced mode and stretching the outer limits of the game (cue @ardak kumerin with an outer limits meme) but adding the GBs on is and should be pretty basic.

I am absolutely sure there are players, and you may be one who can do that type of math very quickly to figure out how many to add to the bar without getting it past 10 and wasting a point but I am not one of them and I don't think it should have been made that complicated. There may even be some numbers that are impossible to get on the bar 12 when you have 1 on? I can't think of a way to do that without dropping the one first, loading the bar with a 2 then a 10 then loading the gb again... it's just such a process.

DeletedUser27889

.it makes me wonder about the beta itself and how much they actually listen to them...if they aren't listening there, what about here......? Actions like this and the DC minority rollout betray the trust players put in the system designed by the devs...player communication is one of INNO's most useful tools in building a successful product with longevity and new content. Creating a divide between the gaming population and the devs is not good business....
I couldn't agree with you more. Since the treasure hunt thing where just months before they said they were working to bring it to mobile then removed it all together with 0 warning or a what's your opinion on this? Before hand. I'm always wondering about 'ulterior motives'. In beta you didn't know you were testing incidents as a TH replacement. I didn't really worry about them removing packs with the new interface before but now I wonder what they have up their sleeve.

Rolled out releases are horrible and unfair to the players, in beta a testing environment it's different, here on live you expect fair play. Many people pay for fair play. Once they noticed all the backlash instead of stopping doing it they stopped announcing they were doing it. Notice there's no announcement here about some players getting DC? We had to put it together via rumors and conjecture. Incidents were one thing, couple of coins and supplies whatever DCs are no where near like that. I'm not a big fan of DCs probably won't pay much attention to them, but a lot of players will and for a player intent on focusing on them could change their entire game. Players are winning SoKs RHs and many other things everyday when others aren't even given a chance.

If they need a larger testing audience they should put a in game message out to people asking them to sign up. Many people don't know beta exists or that they are allowed to play there. If they want members testing a new feature then all people on the server should be given diamonds like in beta. Even if they did I would still be against it. My ulterior motive chime is ticking making me wonder if they're going to get rid of beta or at least stop giving them diamonds.

Like with GvG. I think they are getting rid of it. Maybe they are not but I think they know what they are going to do with it, they have to know by now if they're keeping it. But I really have a feeling they will be telling people 'we have no plans to remove GvG' right up until someone pulls the plug. They will lose a lot of players, they will lose a lot more players for lying and keeping them in the dark about it.

Sorry for the double post.

Freshmeboy

I find myself buying more fps these days to fill in the odd numbers needed on my bar for a successful GB snipe with the new interface...perhaps that was the intent...to encourage the flow of more fps. I'm uncertain what was the logic behind INNO's decision but I am curious as to their statement that the size of packs doesn't matter as much now...Really..? By who's standard..? Apparently not the beta testers or the live players. I think a little transparency about this and the DC minority rollout is in order but I'm not holding my breath....

qaccy

So per your example you would have to go okay I have 4 in my bar and I need 13 so add a 5 pack have 9 add 2 thats 11 and I'm stopped so instead add the a 2 pack first thats 6 then another 2 thats 8 then a 5 pack which will end in 13.

Essentially, that's exactly what I said in my post. You're still totally able to make any number that ends with a digit from 1-9 using packs in order to complete a GB donation; the only thing that's changed is how you do it. Certainly the new system can be wasteful for those who sloppily click buttons, but anyone who takes the time to think even for a moment can make it work for them with virtually no downside compared to the old system, while still being able to reap the benefit of much faster large donations using the system we have now. The most significant difference is perhaps being forced to always empty your bar first when donating to a GB, but as I mentioned any amount you have in the bar can be supplemented with packs in order to create any 'odd' number you wish, and from that point you can just click the 10 button the remainder of the way. The most possible amount of packs you'd have to use in these situations is five, being four 2s and one 5 in order to create 13 (using a bar starting from zero). The thing that I really seem to be stuck on here is that nothing's changed about FP packs themselves. Making a donation of 13 required five packs before if you want exact change, and it still requires five packs now. Is opening the FP inventory outside of the GB window to count an odd number really that much more complicated than doing it with the old UI? I personally don't think it is, but perhaps I'm also not doing a very good job of explaining my position on the matter either. :(

WolfKingSG

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but searched for GB contribution window and this popped up, so. Lately I've been seeing text (like the code in the background or something - generally is descriptive of the particular GB) when changing windows, and also the FP bar amounts in window when switching windows (level to overview, etc) change. Don't know if the new, wrong FP bar amount after switching windows gets applied after clicking spend FP button, didn't try it.

Windows10 - MS Edge