• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.109

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser29247

Thank you for reading the changelog, please leave your feedback here.

Thank you, your Forge of Empires team. :)

It has been requested that I link the announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28670

Oh no... New GB contribution window.... They finally implemented it....
th

qaccy

One page of information got turned into two and there's no longer a user-friendly way to use 2 or 5 packs, but presumably using 10 packs will be faster with fewer clicks needed, and spreading out FP in the bar across several locations in the case of a large collection will be somewhat easier with the 10 option in between 1 and 'all'.

Overall I feel it's more of a change rather than a definite improvement, but time will tell if that's the case and either way, just like with the other UI updates that have been added to the game we'll have to get used to the new look. :)

DeletedUser

Forget the GB update, now when you get a sale offer involving Diamonds + other stuff, you'll be able to choose which world(s) to buy it for! That is a great change. Nothing more irritating than getting an offer on one world, when it is desperately needed on another. Very nice work, Inno!

DeletedUser26120

Forget the GB update, now when you get a sale offer involving Diamonds + other stuff, you'll be able to choose which world(s) to buy it for! That is a great change. Nothing more irritating than getting an offer on one world, when it is desperately needed on another. Very nice work, Inno!
Exactly the thing I came to post about!

This is huge if you get a offer for hideouts early on in starting another world.

I remember one guy posted a while back complaining he got that rogue hideout offer on his established world instead of the new one.

I have used the new GB screen in beta, it is nice - just takes time getting used to.

DeletedUser18851

Why didn't they add a 50 or a 100 FP option? That's what is actually needed and what people want. In the announcement it says "several" clicks are needed on the browser version to add FP's. No. It's just two. Two does not constitute 'several'. Adding 1000 Fp's to a building used to take 200 clicks. Now it will take 100. By simply adding a 100 FP button it could have been reduced to 10. If Inno actually did this to reduce the clicks, as they said, they would have put in a 100 FP button.

DeletedUser

Why didn't they add a 50 or a 100 FP option? That's what is actually needed and what people want. In the announcement it says "several" clicks are needed on the browser version to add FP's. No. It's just two. Two does not constitute 'several'. Adding 1000 Fp's to a building used to take 200 clicks. Now it will take 100. By simply adding a 100 FP button it could have been reduced to 10. If Inno actually did this to reduce the clicks, as they said, they would have put in a 100 FP button.
One good reason is that those of us that like to take advantage of recurring quests (not HQS, Dursland, before you say anything) would rather have the 10 FP button than the 100 FP button, so that we can stop and collect on the quest before resetting it and continuing with the FP donations.

DeletedUser30312

One page of information got turned into two and there's no longer a user-friendly way to use 2 or 5 packs, but presumably using 10 packs will be faster with fewer clicks needed, and spreading out FP in the bar across several locations in the case of a large collection will be somewhat easier with the 10 option in between 1 and 'all'.

Overall I feel it's more of a change rather than a definite improvement, but time will tell if that's the case and either way, just like with the other UI updates that have been added to the game we'll have to get used to the new look. :)

Well, when you're adding several hundred FP at a time, doing 10 FP at a time if they're automatically taking it from packages is a lot faster than opening that little + button every time you're adding FP to the bar. Even more tedious when much of your stored FPs are in the form of 2 FP packages. Of course these larger amounts for a lot of players are going to be the several hundred they drop in an Arc at once, not the 30 - 50 fp swaps more active guilds have going. ;) The level up window should probably be the default though. This will probably take a bit of getting used to, but I'm thinking it'll probably be somewhat of an improvement.

DeletedUser26120

Found a bug with the new GB screen that beta players missed. Reported at beta forums.

DeletedUser18851

One good reason is that those of us that like to take advantage of recurring quests (not HQS, Dursland, before you say anything) would rather have the 10 FP button than the 100 FP button, so that we can stop and collect on the quest before resetting it and continuing with the FP donations.
There's no reason they can't have a 1, 10 and 100 FP button. Plenty of room there.

qaccy

For once you're providing some fair feedback that isn't just laced with expletives!

Certainly, those who'd have need for it would generally benefit a lot in time saved, but a majority of players have no need for such a large donation button beyond the 'all from bar' option because the majority of players only collect somewhere around 30-50 FP in a day if even that. But it may end up that it's something of a technical limitation, as all of the current buttons in both the new and old version are using a single amount of FP at a time, whereas a '100' button would require using at least 10 separate packages at once and that's not something that's currently possible (or at least performed) anywhere in the game. I'm just speculating here, though.

This next part is highly subjective but one reason folks may be opposed to this idea is that the time-saving would go both ways when it comes to large donations. Players frequently loop through FP-spending quests when donating to high-level GBs, and while a '100' button would still make it faster for them, it would also make it much easier for someone else to come in and lock them into a spot they may have overinvested for in the case of a GB that may be highly contested for rewards. I know I personally wouldn't like to have 1000 FP in on a GB that costs 3000 to level, only to have someone come by while I'm cycling through the quests and lock in their 1500 ahead of me. Now I'm almost 300 FP over what I should have put in for my new location down in 2nd place. With the current options this scenario is a lot less likely to happen. As I said though, there's a bit of a divide over this issue between those who care about running through repeatable quests and those who aren't as interested in them. :)

DeletedUser26965

I'm not discussing this GB silliness again, been discussed ad nauseam on Beta for 9 months lol and the pretty little baby is born aw look how cute:p, yeah and still inefficient, custom fp amount only way to go.

DeletedUser28021

Thank you for reading the changelog, please leave your feedback here.

Thank you, your Forge of Empires team. :)

It has been requested that I link the announcement.

This will be good for some, but I'd like a toggle that would prevent me from accidentally spending more FP than I have on my bar. Forge points in packs are precious; much more valuable than forge points on the bar. Spending them accidentally wouldn't be as bad as spending diamonds accidentally, but it would not be good.

DeletedUser28021

Ah, but the button I want for that is contribute-the-number-needed-for-the-quest, which changes with each age, and is rarely a multiple of 10.

qaccy

I'm not discussing this GB silliness again, been discussed ad nauseam on Beta for 9 months lol and the pretty little baby is born aw look how cute:p, yeah and still inefficient, custom fp amount only way to go.

It's only the 'only way to go' if you're someone who doesn't care about doing quests. This isn't really something that can be objectively stated as 'better' one way or another because it depends on playstyle. Personally I'm in the camp that prefers NOT having the ability to add in x amount with a single click, and as I outlined above it's either not possible or just doesn't really make sense for the developers (both of these reasons being speculation on my part) to add such functionality in.

ITown

All I have say regarding this is:

About f***ing time.

It really took 9 months to bring this live from beta?

There is enough room for a 10 FP button, and 100 FP button. When you are helping to level a GB at 60+, a 100 FP button would be a major time saver. I've added 2000 FP at once to a GB, and it is painful. This helps, but the 100 FP button would help a lot more.

Merciana

Why didn't they just put in a + / - button like we see in the market? That way you could put in whatever specific FP amount you wanted to contribute, then have a Contribute button (much like the Create Offer button)? It could still pull from FP packs if the amount set exceeds what's in ones bar.