• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.109

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser24774

Why did you push an apple/diamond package BEFORE fixing the multi-world offer thing?

That's really a rhetorical question cuz I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

ITown

Did the devs change their mind about releasing the patch? I haven't seen any indication of it being released either on mobile or on browser.

DeletedUser13838

Did the devs change their mind about releasing the patch? I haven't seen any indication of it being released either on mobile or on browser.
I don't know about the patch but I got my victory expansion this morning.

DeletedUser28970

I haven't seen any changes either (on PC platform)

DeletedUser5111

We got the diamond expansion and victory, but nothing for GBs.

DeletedUser31257

As of now (6pm PST Sep 6th), still not seeing version 1.109 update yet both IOS and OS.

DeletedUser

From the Announcement:

"A new Great Building contribution window will be introduced on both mobile and browser.
This change will be introduced up to two days after the update."

Other than that, the only changes, other than bug fixes, are new Diamond and Victory expansions, and the ability to access special Diamond sales across your worlds instead of just in the initial one it shows up in first. So, unless you're at/near the end in Oceanic Future, you wouldn't see the expansions change, and unless you receive a Diamond sale offer, you wouldn't see that change either.:)

DeletedUser27889

I was really hoping they changed their mind on this. Beta hated it, EN hated it. It's beyond repair. The only thing better is the Add 10 button so those adding very large sums will find it easier.

The entire display is completely off. It's confusing to look at and you don't get used to it. The reason is because it is not how people visually process information. Important information now needs to be looked for in tiny font placed oddly.

For instance:

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 2.00.04 AM.png

The information you need to decide upon an action is shown in #2, the actions available are shown in #1. This screen goes against the way we process information, we don't decide on an action (which is what is on top) before reading or viewing what that action should be (which they put on the bottom) In order to not be confusing the information needs to be shown prior, or above, the action part of a GUI.

This pattern, information first, action second is repeated just about every where in efficient design, cash registers, atms, smart phones etc. Whoever designed this does not know the most basic rules of design, and that's not intended as an insult but rather a fact. You do not put inputs above the information, not only is it inefficient it's confusing. Our brains are wired a certain way, to read top down, and when we see something going against the grain it will always slow us down and go 'Wait what?' and we have to dissect it like a child sounding out words instead of an adult recognizing them.

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 2.01.19 AM.png

The reason the old window looks better to everyone isn't just because it's familiar in the sense of what we've been using, it goes along with information up top, action at the bottom. Reading as we do from left to right our eyes when opening the old window will go immediately to the most important bit of info: The GB, it's level and progress. We then go to the upper right, the current contribution and finally to the buttons at the bottom where you complete the action.

If this was presented verbally the way we see it it makes sense, top left down to top right down it 'says', The building you are looking at is Arc, it's 25th level is about 2/3rds complete, here are the contributors and the points you would need to overtake. What would you like to do?

The new one 'says'
This is lighthouse, you have X amount of points, the light house is more than 2/3rd complete, what would you like to do? Here are the contributors and the points you need to overtake. The lighthouse is level 5.

The paragraph is jumbled and in the incorrect order just as the GUI is jumbled and in the incorrect order.

wrwoodman

With the new way to contribute to a GB, I no longer have control over where the FPs come from. Sometimes I use the FPs from my bar, sometimes I use them from the packets, but it's always been my choice. That choice is now gone. So why would I want one over the other? It all comes down to what I do with FPs I collect from GBs, SoKs, etc. I use those FPs to contribute to the self-levelers and I use the packets for the guild swap channels. Adding a source button would help (bar or packet) with the default being packet when the bar is out.

I get that this was done for the mega-contributors but we small time contributors need love too.

Cheers

KJ the Butcher

It's great to have 1 click to use 10 packs, my fingers are happy for that improvement but let's get 2 packs & 5 packs added there too. Just make that little change and most people will be happy with it. We do need to use the proper packs from our inventory. Unless you're planning to get rid of packs and just make our FP an inventory number.... then this makes sense.

DeletedUser31199

Thank you for reading the changelog, please leave your feedback here.

Thank you, your Forge of Empires team. :)

It has been requested that I link the announcement.

I like the new Great Building contribution window. It still requires two windows, one for contributions the other to explain GB benefits. The layout is nice and shows level advancement in a better way.

I only dislike one feature - when donating FPs, we are warned that if we don't have enough FPs in our FP bar to pay for the button we chose to click, we will lose our FP packages in storage. I think, instead, we should be given an option to buy FPs with coins, diamonds or FP packages, just as we have when doing tech research, trade market etc.

DeletedUser13191

omg, thanks for destroying this game..... what a FAIL - you have beta testers for a reason, that reason is not to ignore them........

#InnoMorons

DeletedUser13191

There's no reason they can't have a 1, 10 and 100 FP button. Plenty of room there.

replace the "complete instantly" that NO one is going to use, and put a 100 FP bar.... oh wait, that makes too much sense, 5 FP packs are going to pile up now that they cant be added into a GB, same with 2 Packs...... the options given is add 1 FP, or 10FP. does the add 1FP honestly break a 10pack down into 2 2's and a 5..... just to add 1 FP. How does this make any sense,

edit - nope my mistake it uses a 2 Pack to use 1 FP and puts the second FP in bar, sigh

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8345

I was really hoping they changed their mind on this. Beta hated it, EN hated it. It's beyond repair. The only thing better is the Add 10 button so those adding very large sums will find it easier.

The entire display is completely off. It's confusing to look at and you don't get used to it. The reason is because it is not how people visually process information. Important information now needs to be looked for in tiny font placed oddly.

For instance:

View attachment 6998

The information you need to decide upon an action is shown in #2, the actions available are shown in #1. This screen goes against the way we process information, we don't decide on an action (which is what is on top) before reading or viewing what that action should be (which they put on the bottom) In order to not be confusing the information needs to be shown prior, or above, the action part of a GUI.

This pattern, information first, action second is repeated just about every where in efficient design, cash registers, atms, smart phones etc. Whoever designed this does not know the most basic rules of design, and that's not intended as an insult but rather a fact. You do not put inputs above the information, not only is it inefficient it's confusing. Our brains are wired a certain way, to read top down, and when we see something going against the grain it will always slow us down and go 'Wait what?' and we have to dissect it like a child sounding out words instead of an adult recognizing them.

View attachment 6999

The reason the old window looks better to everyone isn't just because it's familiar in the sense of what we've been using, it goes along with information up top, action at the bottom. Reading as we do from left to right our eyes when opening the old window will go immediately to the most important bit of info: The GB, it's level and progress. We then go to the upper right, the current contribution and finally to the buttons at the bottom where you complete the action.

If this was presented verbally the way we see it it makes sense, top left down to top right down it 'says', The building you are looking at is Arc, it's 25th level is about 2/3rds complete, here are the contributors and the points you would need to overtake. What would you like to do?

The new one 'says'
This is lighthouse, you have X amount of points, the light house is more than 2/3rd complete, what would you like to do? Here are the contributors and the points you need to overtake. The lighthouse is level 5.

The paragraph is jumbled and in the incorrect order just as the GUI is jumbled and in the incorrect order.

Manda the first - Thank you for adequately explaining, with facts not emotions, why it is actually slower to use this new window even though the number of clicks has been reduced. It takes more time to find the information, process it and make a decision than the amount of time saved on reduced clicks.

Another issue has also come up on live servers that I didn't see in beta (probably because there are far more users that are active and aggressive with leveling GBs on live servers). Frequent internal errors with refresh needed when multiple users adding points to a single GB since this interface was deployed. The interruptions are incredibly annoying and makes it incredibly slow to add points. The time to refresh and navigate back to the GB window is at least equal to the old total time to add points. Now you have that additional delay plus a longer amount of time for the adding of points. Doubling the time to accomplish a task is not an improvement.

I appreciate that we don't have to click the "+" sign before clicking the add 10 points button but that is more than offset, in a negative way, by the overall slowness of using the interface and the loss of ability to completely control expenditure of bar or pack FPs in the way desired. I know a lot of work went into this and it was done with the best intentions to improve the game. I appreciate the effort and goodwill. However, it would be good to see someone at Inno just say, "Okay, we understand what you players are experiencing, we admit this is not as good as it seemed in theory and we will do a little more work to fix it so the initial effort was not a waste and the players actually receive an improvement to the interface."

DeletedUser28970

Finally got to look at this GB thing .... seems like an awful lot of fuss to add some FP donation buttons. The old interface was just fine and could have been adapted. Musta been some game programmer/designer seriously milking the ol' time clock for overtime on this project ...

DeletedUser26154

I found it much easier to add fps through inventory on the mobile version.

It takes some getting used to this new format.
I'm glad to hear mobile users are enjoying it.
I'm not a Forge Point Swapper.
I feed my own G.B.s then let the Arc Players finish them off.

download (1).jpg

What do the Big Arc Players think about this new system?