• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.110

DeletedUser29247

Thank you for reading the changelog, please leave your feedback here.

Thank you, your Forge of Empires team. :)

It has been requested that I link the announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

Wow, quite a bit of fixes.

I always thought it was a bit weird that the Rogue Hideout slots went 150-300-100.

SO glad the combat sound loop bug will be fixed. Also with the catapults, that weird flipping was a bit annoying.

The keyboard shortcuts look useful too.

DeletedUser12620

Please excuse my ignorance but which part of Oceanic Future is the latest one? :p

Are we on part 3?

DeletedUser27889

Looks like a long list of changes, most seem good but I'm confused on two points:

1) The ToR issue. Was this a rebalancing in terms of the left column is what was listed on the building level and right being what they were supposed to be providing? IE anyone on those 3 levels had not been receiving relics at the correctly displayed drop level? Or was the drop level always displayed and performing at this lower level and the developers thought to make this better?

IE: Were the players on those levels being screwed with their ToR showing them one set of numbers but performing lower or were they performing as shown but the devs decided to make them better?

2) I don't understand the keyboard shortcut. Do you still have to click on the building? Then I don't really understand with your hand on the mouse clicking already how it would save anytime by moving your hand off the mouse to the keyboard to select something. Maybe I just don't understand?

DeletedUser28970

TOPIC: CHANGELOG 1.10 , FEEDBACK, ANNOUNCEMENT

2) I don't understand the keyboard shortcut. Do you still have to click on the building? Then I don't really understand with your hand on the mouse clicking already how it would save anytime by moving your hand off the mouse to the keyboard to select something. Maybe I just don't understand?
The keyboard shortcuts look useful too.

@ Orius: I am confused too ... how do you know how the keyboard shortcuts look when they won't even show up until the 20th?

And just a short question in general to nobody in particular: These types of requests for feedback (in their various forms in this section) ... how come they post the requests for feedback before the item even occurs? How can somebody provide feedback to an event that hasn't even happened yet? (Of course some folk here are ex-spurts* on everything ... even if doesn't exist yet ... ) :confused: Maybe I just don't understand. :confused:

*former drips under pressure

DeletedUser

And just a short question in general to nobody in particular: These types of requests for feedback (in their various forms in this section) ... how come they post the requests for Feedback before the item even occurs? How can somebody provide feedback to an event that hasn't even happened yet? (Of course some folk here are ex-spurts* on everything ... even if doesn't exist yet ... ) :confused: Maybe I just don't understand. :confused:
Maybe they're just looking for feedback on the announcement, and we're all being stupid and commenting on the update itself?
With that in mind, here's my feedback: GREAT ANNOUNCEMENT! One of the best since I've been playing. Much better than the one last year. Keep up the good work! :D

DeletedUser28970

... commenting on the update itself
lol, that would be my guess too! Yes, nicely worded announcement though as far as announcements go ... Gets two thumbs up from me! Keep up the good work! :cool::cool::D

DeletedUser12620

Ok, so as far as the ages being split up into chunks for whatever reason I dunno why. But, I am loving how INNO is using this extra time bringing forth new improvements and bug fixes.... now let's see a new world!

DeletedUser28970

now let's see a new world

Even though this subject: 'new worlds' , is totally off topic (but was brought up by you again ... not by me) I was wondering what you actually mean by this? Are you just looking for a new age, like "post-apocalyptic cave bear stone AGE or ERA" or actually a "new world": like X-world for "Xanadu"???? All the "new" worlds are exactly like the "old" worlds (such as C-world or Cirgard) as far as I can see.

DeletedUser12620

Even though this subject: 'new worlds' , is totally off topic (but was brought up by you again ... not by me) I was wondering what you actually mean by this? Are you just looking for a new age, like "post-apocalyptic cave bear stone AGE or ERA" or actually a "new world": like X-world for "Xanadu"???? All the "new" worlds are exactly like the "old" worlds (such as C-world or Cirgard) as far as I can see.

New world, like game world for example after Xyr :)

DeletedUser28970

WHY? Are you currently using all available "worlds"? I don't understand ...

Open up a new dedicated thread somewhere (like in Forge Hall) where folk (like me) can discuss this, with you, without getting into trouble for some weird reason. LOL

DeletedUser26120

IE: Were the players on those levels being screwed with their ToR showing them one set of numbers but performing lower or were they performing as shown but the devs decided to make them better?
From what I understand, the fix applies to how often you get uncommon relics. Basically you will get uncommon relics more often than common relics now. The drop rate itself was unchanged.

Really glad to see Arc fixed - it shouldn't give boost if it's not connected. Now those players who disconnect it all the time for preferential donations will have to rethink it. :)

Definitely nice to have 3 digit numbers displayed properly on fp bar now. Good update overall.

DeletedUser

It's nice to see the deleted accounts are no longer on the reward list. Now maybe they can do something about all the FP's we have donated to unfinished GB's of those that are deleted. At least delete the history so it's not a constant reminder of all those FP's we will never see a return for.

DeletedUser27889

From what I understand, the fix applies to how often you get uncommon relics. Basically you will get uncommon relics more often than common relics now.
Actually I looked into it further:

The previous scale was this:
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 6.55.01 PM.png

All of the levels went up in a linear fashion of .5 for spawn, .25 for gold and .5 for jade. Going by the ones posted:

Level 5: Uncommon 25,50%, Common 71,50%, changed to Uncommon 25,77%, Common 71,23%
Level 10: Uncommon 26,75%, Common 67,75%, changed to Uncommon 26,46%, Common 68,04%
Level 20: Uncommon 26,88%, Common 65,37%, changed to Uncommon 27,10%, Common 61,15%
Level 50: Uncommon 28,69%, Common 57,93%, changed to Uncommon 28,86%, Common 57,76%

Would break up the uniformity of the previous scale and also results in a level 10 ToR dropping gold relics .29% less often... So even if the player is receiving more for leveling it to 5 they are paying for it in the long run with a level 10 ToR being less productive overall.
By the new scale, ToR level 10 has the same uncommon drop rate as the old ToR did between levels 8-9.

Can a grid of the levels and their current values be posted? I attempted to look at a high level ToR to see the numbers listed for all levels there but now with the new GB window you can only see the values on the current and next level. No longer can you go back and look at what previous levels have given you or other players, yet another downfall of the new window.

Attempting to do the math it would seem A ToR would need to now be level 14 or 15 before providing the same gold relic chance as a level 10 had prior to this change. ( level 20's 27.10 - level 10's 26.46 / 10 =.069 x the .29 difference between old level 10 and the new scale assuming it goes up the same per level) It seems as though one reaches level 20 they gain more overall by the new scale but by then you've spent thousands of more FP and collected 10X more sets of BPs.

DeletedUser26120

Well, I track my relics each week. I'll wait until the update Wednesday to start GE then we can compare actual numbers.

DeletedUser27889

Well, I track my relics each week. I'll wait until the update Wednesday to start GE then we can compare actual numbers.
The hard part is going to be with the new window you cannot see what the previous levels have provided. I hadn't noticed this was gone until I went to look today which is unfortunate because I used it often to find a GB higher than mine and see what I would get at X level by seeing what they got at X level.

Now the only way to get an accurate picture of exactly what each level provides will be to find a different ToR at every level....

DeletedUser26965

We hope this is clear!

It won't be, people are dumbfounded by statistical probability. And frankly I have no idea what caused Inno to say "after advancing to some levels the Temple of Relics was not getting better" on specific levels. Let's look at one of their examples;

Level 5: Uncommon 25.50% changed to Uncommon 25.77%

Level 4 is 25.25% so now it's going up .52% more instead of .25% when getting to level 5. You can't really think that minute amount of .27% difference means much of anything statistically speaking do you?

Did you guys run a bunch of trials at level 4 then level 5? How many? What were the results? Because such a small amount in change anyway even before increasing it a fraction would doubtfully be noticeable.:rolleyes:

But anyway thanks for keyboard shortcuts and eagerly await more of them.

DeletedUser28970

Let's look at one of their examples
Sounds better to me ... but what the heck do I know? My PhD is in Genetics ... Anybody with a PhD in Advanced Mathematics want to weigh in on this?
(and what's with the dang-f keyboard shortcuts again??? Did God die and then leave somebody to land an Easter egg on their worlds and now they know all about it??? Not.)

Freshmeboy

Does this mean INNO owes me .27% more relics for everyday I was shorted...? Can I just get fp packs instead...? I'll cut them a deal...10% of the .27% of relics lost for 8 months converted into fps, plus 7.23% interest equals......