• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.110

qaccy

You wouldn't think something so slight would have such a noticeable impact (keyboard shortcuts), but it definitely does. Elvenar's also had them for a while now, and not having to move the mouse all over the screen for clicking not only saves time but it also 'feels' better since it's so much smoother because sometimes clicking in this game can be a pain in the butt. Though it does help that my mouse has a thumbpad so I can do it all with one hand still. :)

DeletedUser27889

Here's how it cuts down on the time. Before, you had to use the mouse to click on the building, then move the mouse to the proper production slot and click it, then move the mouse back to the next building. Very time consuming. Now, you ony use the mouse to select the building. Then, with your other hand parked over the appropriate number key (6 for 24 hour cycle), you press that key. Move the mouse to the next building, press key. Your off hand never has to move except to press the key. Your mouse only moves once per building, not twice. It is lightning quick. I am absolutely sure that when @sloppyjoeslayer gets used to it, his time will be cut down to well under 4 minutes. I do a little quest looping on all 4 of my active worlds, and it is amazing now how quickly it goes when resetting the buildings.
Interesting. I don't have many production buildings going so I can't say resetting the few I do has been a noticeable time crunch for me but I will try your hand hover technique at my next collection. Thanks for the tip!

DeletedUser30312

Interesting side effect with the rogue update - if you had previously bought all slots except the most expensive (300 and it was the 2nd to last slot), then that slow now costs 150.

Nice. Of my 3 hideouts, two of them didn't have that slot unlocked, so now I get 2 for the price of one. The last hideout hasn't been unlocked at all yet.

DeletedUser27889

Here's how it cuts down on the time. Before, you had to use the mouse to click on the building, then move the mouse to the proper production slot and click it, then move the mouse back to the next building. Very time consuming. Now, you ony use the mouse to select the building. Then, with your other hand parked over the appropriate number key (6 for 24 hour cycle), you press that key. Move the mouse to the next building, press key. Your off hand never has to move except to press the key. Your mouse only moves once per building, not twice. It is lightning quick. I am absolutely sure that when @sloppyjoeslayer gets used to it, his time will be cut down to well under 4 minutes. I do a little quest looping on all 4 of my active worlds, and it is amazing now how quickly it goes when resetting the buildings.
I finally got a chance to try this today your way and you're right I do like it. For some reason my brain was thinking of taking the hand off the mouse-moving it to the key then back to the mouse. It seems so stupid that I didn't think to use the other hand, so stupid in fact I almost didn't post here to admit it =p. I don't have many productions so I can't say it saves me any real time but I think a heavy quester's game could really be improved by this. Thanks for taking the time to explain the stupid out of me!