• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.111

DeletedUser27889

With all due respect, sloppyjoeslayer (and I have a lot of respect for you despite our disagreements), she is not off the deep end. This is exactly the same kind of thing as "white privilege". It is very subtle and easily ignored by those that benefit from it, or at the very least aren't victims of it, but it is palpable and very real to those that are on the other end of it.
That's an eloquent way to put it. Suffice it to say using 'You' would not have been a conflict for anyone. The annoyance comes from them should of knowing better than to use 'He' instead of 'you' when awarding a player. Their intentions may not have been purposely sexist but the appearance is as is the lack of consideration.

Freshmeboy

Manda, I understand your frustration but perhaps you might consider that in the English language, sexist as it may seem, the male gender comes first in proper English. This was the way I was taught as youngster and it has changed over the years as people became more aware of the languages' gender inequality. There are still remnants of this today in sportsmanship and mankind and dozens of others but slowly the language is becoming gender neutral.....it takes time and I won't berate INNO for using archaic but proper English..I respect your position but don't believe this German based company meant any disrespect...

DeletedUser27889

Manda, I understand your frustration but perhaps you might consider that in the English language, sexist as it may seem, the male gender comes first in proper English. This was the way I was taught as youngster and it has changed over the years as people became more aware of the languages' gender inequality. There are still remnants of this today in sportsmanship and mankind and dozens of others but slowly the language is becoming gender neutral.....it takes time and I won't berate INNO for using archaic but proper English..I respect your position but don't believe this German based company meant any disrespect...
That actually could be and is a very good point. That would make much more sense in the context on the person winning the award, much more so than you suddenly are embodying Indian Jones for a brief moment of gaming time. I still don't think it was any more or less right for devs to not realize but at least from an English/Translation perspective it could make sense they just never picked up on it. I too don't believe they went out of their way to be exclusive but think it wouldn't/shouldn't have taken much sensitivity to notice this potential guffaw.

Great point.

DeletedUser26965

With all due respect, sloppyjoeslayer (and I have a lot of respect for you despite our disagreements), she is not off the deep end. This is exactly the same kind of thing as "white privilege". It is very subtle and easily ignored by those that benefit from it, or at the very least aren't victims of it, but it is palpable and very real to those that are on the other end of it.
Great, another one. Let us try this;

ALL THE GE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE REFERENCES TO INDIANA JONES!

no-ticket!.gif
Now get off your offense horses and find some real tragedy in life to worry about, there's plenty of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

Anyway, let's get this back on track.

10-crazy-wrestling-moves_427x236.jpg

So how about that new Changelog?

DeletedUser29392

In the mobile app, there is no longer a way to tell the age of a special even production building. Please fix.

Also, the new production option window is too bright, doesn't fit to the rest of the game and really hits the eyes.

I appreciate the ability to see all the production options while something is producing, though.

DeletedUser31592

In the mobile app, there is no longer a way to tell the age of a special even production building. Please fix.

Also, the new production option window is too bright, doesn't fit to the rest of the game and really hits the eyes.

I appreciate the ability to see all the production options while something is producing, though.

When a production is in progress, it will tell you it's age when you touch it. At least on iOS and whatever Kindle Fire's platform is called.

DeletedUser29392

When a production is in progress, it will tell you it's age when you touch it. At least on iOS and whatever Kindle Fire's platform is called.

Not on android. Touching an active production options only brings out a window to cancel it (without indication of the age). Touching an inactive production does nothing. Touching a building brings out the production options, again without indication of the age).

DeletedUser31592

Not on android. Touching an active production options only brings out a window to cancel it (without indication of the age). Touching an inactive production does nothing. Touching a building brings out the production options, again without indication of the age).

My iPhone app updated today. I now see what you mean. I hope they resolve this. I have multiples of the same building and purposefully have them at different ages for goods productions. The next time I age up this could get tricky.

DeletedUser26965

In the movie it's "He chose poorly" and "You have chosen wisely." Just saying.
Yeah I already addressed that too. The "he" is a reference to Indian Jones himself who is a he, so they are telling you "He[Indian Jones] chose wisely", it's not a quote of the movie. Just sayin';)

He, Indiana Jones, chose wisely - Copy.PNG

DeletedUser13838

Yeah I already addressed that too. The "he" is a reference to Indian Jones himself who is a he, so they are telling you "He[Indian Jones] chose wisely", it's not a quote of the movie. Just sayin';)

View attachment 8148
com_indianjones.png

DeletedUser26965

You know come to think of it I could be wrong, they could be referring to the man pictured in the achievement itself as he is holding something like he chose that thing, although it does not appear to be a cup/holy chalice like in the movie but regardless either way still a reference to a male either way, either the one in the achievement or in the movie.

And I don't know what your meme is about or how it pertains.

DeletedUser13838

And I don't know what your meme is about or how it pertains.
Reread your post. :)

On a serious note, my understanding is that achievements were intended to be shared with other players so when you as a visitor see the achievement "He chose wisely" it is obviously referring to the player you're visiting.