• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.114

DeletedUser4770

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave it here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser32143

Curious as to why there was no mention of the production time, building cost/time and forge point requirement increases for BA buildings and tech tree in this patch? As of a few updates ago, BA production buildings had a minimum production time of 2 minutes, Longhouse rollover was 10 minutes, Stilt houses 2 minutes, Slinger production 1 minute and the list goes on. Tech tree forge point requirements for BA and IA have also increased by roughly 40% for these two ages with this flip of the switch with no prior announcement. This can be a detriment for those who 'had' fulfilled their tech tree FP requirements and choose to unlock them later only to log in after this patch to find themselves only 60% completed on those advancements.

Furthermore, a large portion of the new 'Z' world was greatly impacted by this change since they now need to put up roughly 40% more forge points to get through IA than those who advanced through prior to this patch.

Granted, the "updated" production times, forge point requirements, etc. are again the same as they have always been prior to the update a few weeks back, but moving the goalposts around for new and/or low level players is sort of shady.

Can someone please comment on what happened here?

Salsuero

The BUGFIX HEADER code isn't working correctly. I know it doesn't make a difference regarding the content... but you only use that stuff for the visual appeal to begin with, so thought I'd make sure you realized that it wasn't appearing as desired.

DeletedUser31392

I saw no mention of the mobile app messages being fixed. Do we really need to suffer this crap much longer or is it being fixed this time? It’s getting real bothersome to try and decipher large messages....

DeletedUser26120

Can someone please comment on what happened here?
Not sure what you are seeing, can you screenshot?

I am on Z world and I checked - my fp requirements are the same, I'm a few techs left before EMA.

DeletedUser31392

Not sure what you are seeing, can you screenshot?

I am on Z world and I checked - my fp requirements are the same, I'm a few techs left before EMA.

Think he’s referring to the “Quick Start” that was being tested on different accounts on different worlds, and they reversed thisnback to normal.

“Quick Start” was something of an idea to push players faster through BA/IA via Techs and faster productions, but I suppose it was a flop and reverted. I can see how it might be beneficial to keep players interested longer.

However, no mention of it actually being tested means those players would have no idea it wasn’t permanent and could feel cheated. Sounds very reminiscent of a few other things being “tested” *cough*Daily Challenges*cough*

DeletedUser32143

I assume that's what it may have been - "Quickstart". It's a problem to keep moving the goal posts around - especially on a brand new world where people think they are starting fresh on an even playing field. So those who have not yet advanced through IA are now forced to cough up 40% more FP to get through BA/IA - without warning. Yet, zero mention of these changes in any change log, zero warning of a pending update and many wake up the next morning having to complete tech they already (thought they) completed. One would assume a change log describes changes - especially when they have a huge impact on gameplay but we only get to read about black lines in some province. The Oracle of Delphi questline should have been 86'd as well if this "Quickstart" was indeed a flop.

EDIT: Thread I just found relating to this topic: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...e-forge-points-than-others.20427/#post-168750

Here is a screenshot: https://forum.de.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gibt-es-wirklich-2-oder-mehr-klassen.28254/

As it pertains to a brand new world (Z), has been running this for the first week of it's existence and poof - gone. Nothing in change log, no warnings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31257

I saw no mention of the mobile app messages being fixed. Do we really need to suffer this crap much longer or is it being fixed this time? It’s getting real bothersome to try and decipher large messages....

Yes. I second this. still have this issue on mobile devices. Really need help to fix it soon.

DeletedUser29726

I assume that's what it may have been - "Quickstart". It's a problem to keep moving the goal posts around - especially on a brand new world where people think they are starting fresh on an even playing field. So those who have not yet advanced through IA are now forced to cough up 40% more FP to get through BA/IA - without warning. Yet, zero mention of these changes in any change log, zero warning of a pending update and many wake up the next morning having to complete tech they already (thought they) completed. One would assume a change log describes changes - especially when they have a huge impact on gameplay but we only get to read about black lines in some province. The Oracle of Delphi questline should have been 86'd as well if this "Quickstart" was indeed a flop.

EDIT: Thread I just found relating to this topic: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...e-forge-points-than-others.20427/#post-168750

Here is a screenshot: https://forum.de.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gibt-es-wirklich-2-oder-mehr-klassen.28254/

As it pertains to a brand new world (Z), has been running this for the first week of it's existence and poof - gone. Nothing in change log, no warnings.

"Quickstart" was not available to most players on the new worlds to begin with. And if 1 minute slinger as you mentioned above was included then that would've been a horribly broken advantage for people who knew what they were doing. The 2 minute blacksmith and half FP - meh, might shave off a day or two. So if you had it at all, and now it's gone - you had more advantage than most.

DeletedUser30948

Is anyone else getting double notifications or is it just me?

DeletedUser28670

Tried sound effects of necropolis on desktop and mobile .....I hear silence ....I suppoe suppose that's what ya should hear @ a cemetery ?!?
No, you should hear zombies wailing and trying to claw out of their graves at a cemetary ;)

lemur

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version ...

Your game is circling the drain this morning. I was barely able to complete rudimentary tasks — such as collecting supplies, running repeatable quests, and visiting taverns. There were so many delays that 20 minutes of tasks took an hour to complete. The game froze at least a dozen times and had to be rebooted.

Game lag from an overloaded server is not the issue at 7 AM on a Sunday morning. Perhaps the problem is with InnoGames' poor software writing.

Whatever you did to wreck the program seems to have started with this latest "update" of yours.

One hour later:

I can report that the game performance suddenly improved about 30 minutes ago. It seems to be back to the way it was a week ago — still a few glitches but no major delays that I can see. I don't know what's going on, but if someone at InnoGames fixed or reset something, I offer my thanks.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Your game is circling the drain this morning. I was barely able to complete rudimentary tasks — such as collecting supplies, running repeatable quests, and visiting taverns. There were so many delays that 20 minutes of tasks took an hour to complete. The game froze at least a dozen times and had to be rebooted.

Game lag from an overloaded server is not the issue at 7 AM on a Sunday morning. Perhaps the problem is with InnoGames' poor software writing.

Whatever you did to wreck the program seems to have started with this latest "update" of yours.
And I took care of my morning game stuff with no problems. Since you frequently have issues, maybe you should get better equipment on your end and quit blaming Inno.