• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.116 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave your comments or suggestions in this thread! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser28811

The Special Event Building Sets are nice, but there is one big problem with them.
We need a lot more space/land in order to have all the Great Buildings, Event Sets, and Special Buildings !!!!!
Also, I had a 72 hour City Shield which I just started yesterday and I was Plundered overnight last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8428

The Special Event Building Sets are nice, but there is one big problem with them.
We need a lot more space/land in order to have all the Great Buildings, Event Sets, and Special Buildings !!!!!

That's why this game is about strategy - the primary one being the ability to make decisions about what buildings to put in, when to put them in and when to delete them. You want to add event buildings to your city? Figure out how get the most of out of your city planning.

DeletedUser8428

Will there ever be an "Aid All" button (option)? Many players have asked for this for months. I think this issue was put to a vote once. It would b a great time saver.

There is no way to know if anything suggested by players will ever be added to or edited in the game.

DeletedUser25795

Also, I had a 72 hour City Shield which I just started yesterday and I was Plundered overnight last night.

Check the attack time as that might be before the shield was put up. They then have 24 hours in which to plunder you. If the ATTACK was after the shield was put up then contact support. In events, filter to see attacks and you can see quickly when the attack happened.

DeletedUser28811

Check the attack time as that might be before the shield was put up. They then have 24 hours in which to plunder you. If the ATTACK was after the shield was put up then contact support. In events, filter to see attacks and you can see quickly when the attack happened.
I was Attacked before the City Shield was up, but Plundered after the City Shield was up !!!

DeletedUser25795

I was Attacked before the City Shield was up, but Plundered after the City Shield was up !!!

That sounds about right then. The city shield protects you from ATTACKS. The winner can plunder you anytime up to 24 hours after a successful attack.

DeletedUser30312

• Diamond and victory expansions now also have a counter to show you how many you are able to place.

Nice. It makes things a hell of a lot easier to plan. Much MUCH better than trying to count everything up by hand, then comparing the current costs on the wiki to see how many were placed to determine how many are left. This is especially the case with diamond expansions since every one does not increase the cost of the next unlike the other two.

• We have added a long-requested charge counter for the Kraken Great Building to the buff panel!

Long-requested? The Kraken's only been in Live what, 6 weeks or so? Sounds interesting, but I don't have the Kraken. Yet.

• Some animation glitches have been fixed for the Archer, Catapult and Armoured Infantry.
  • The Rally boost in the army management, as well as during the battle, was sometimes calculated incorrectly. We have fixed this now and all boosts will be granted correctly.

Would this be the Archer movement shrinkage and the Catapult backflip?

That's why this game is about strategy - the primary one being the ability to make decisions about what buildings to put in, when to put them in and when to delete them. You want to add event buildings to your city? Figure out how get the most of out of your city planning.

But OTOH, look how much new crap's been added with Historical Events and building sets. That stuff takes up a lot of space, and more limits on space makes these things less desirable. Daily Challenges will probably make it worse by passing out even more of them. Is that what Inno really wants?

DeletedUser8428

But OTOH, look how much new crap's been added with Historical Events and building sets. That stuff takes up a lot of space, and more limits on space makes these things less desirable. Daily Challenges will probably make it worse by passing out even more of them. Is that what Inno really wants?

Let me ask you something. Have you ever had a look at the cities of the most successful players on your world? Try that sometime. Take a look at the cities of the top 10 (I sent friend requests to the top 10 when I started on my current world) and tell me how many of them clutter up their cities with "event" buildings.

qaccy

Let me ask you something. Have you ever had a look at the cities of the most successful players on your world? Try that sometime. Take a look at the cities of the top 10 (I sent friend requests to the top 10 when I started on my current world) and tell me how many of them clutter up their cities with "event" buildings.

I think @Orius Maximus has a bit of a point, in that compared to when I started playing 4 years ago, there are a LOT more special/event buildings to place down. At this point, it's almost possible to play through the game completely ignoring 'normal' buildings and still have a functional city using only GBs and prizes obtained from quests, events, and Guild Expeditions. To a degree, it is likely that one will eventually reach a point where their city is already full of highly-efficient buildings that can't really be 'improved' on, while still acquiring more without really trying. For example, say someone wants nothing but GBs and SoKs in their city. They've managed to fill all available space with nothing but these buildings, but now they've got some SoKs stuck in their inventory that they can't place. While the game is a lot about maximizing space usage, in this instance it's fairly clear that there's no 'decision' to make over what to keep and what to get rid of, it's simply that there isn't anywhere to put the buildings they've won. There are a lot of other less cut-and-dry situations, but I think this is the gist of it when people say there isn't enough space.

But at the same time, expansions have always been carefully controlled by Inno in order for players to always have a place to put them and prevent a situation where someone has expansions that they can't place. Vcitory expansions, while getting to be fairly expensive for those in lower ages and/or not claiming rewards on high-level (and age) GBs, are still released fairly regularly as well to provide extra space for everyone who's able to afford the cost, regardless of tech/map progress.

Algona

There are a lot of other less cut-and-dry situations, but I think this is the gist of it when people say there isn't enough space.

I agree completely with your analysis.

I've not quite reached the point where I can't add more hood vut not great Special Buildings, but I'm almost to the point of swapping out SSWs for SoKs. But I do see the inevitability of shifting to something like an all RQ/SoK/GB model for my city or some other interesting configuration.

Once Daily Challenges are unlocked for everyone the process will accelerate. More poeple getting more stuff faster.

Which means even more people clamoring for more expansions.

Interesting times.

Salsuero

• Diamond and victory expansions now also have a counter to show you how many you are able to place.

I can see how this would help players earlier in the game, when the medal costs are still pretty low.

• We have added a long-requested charge counter for the Kraken Great Building to the buff panel!

I don't know why it took this long with it being an identical feature to so many similar Great Building boost types, but I'm glad it's finally here!

• The "Aid" filter in the Event History has been renamed to the "Social interactions" filter to better reflect its contents.

I'm expecting this to confuse a lot of people since what it exclusively shows is who has aided you and that's what we're looking for. I don't know why this needed to be changed. Silly unnecessary semantics in my opinion.

• We have fixed a bug that caused the Great Building indicator to not be displayed in the friends list.

Is this the "bug" where if a player has no new levels unlocked on any of his/her GBs, the icon no longer shows, making it seem like the player has no GBs at all? I always thought that was weird... but if it's a different bug... well alrighty then.

In the meantime, our development team is working on new events and content for the new year.

Still no Daily Challenges for the rest of us, eh?

DeletedUser30312

I assume you're not counting the SoKs, right? ;)

DeletedUser31257

With all these special buildings we have and more to come in the future, there is no room to place them without Store building the old and replace with new. The “Store building “ is hard to get for most people in GE and special event sometimes don’t have it. It is unbalanced.
I would like to see a “Store building “ as a free/main feature like “Move” feature instead.

DeletedUser28811

I found that the fastest and best way to play this game for me is to get the complete set of 34 GB's as early as possible !!!

DeletedUser32211

I've had the Daily Challenge since October and while I have won quite a few useful things, the main point of the challenge seems to be to make you attack your neighbors. Many of the challenges include winning battles or defeating units. This slows up a lot of my guildmates in the newer worlds since they don't want to complete the military tactics research and become eligible for attack and plunder