• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.116 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser25166

I've had the Daily Challenge since October and while I have won quite a few useful things, the main point of the challenge seems to be to make you attack your neighbors. Many of the challenges include winning battles or defeating units. This slows up a lot of my guildmates in the newer worlds since they don't want to complete the military tactics research and become eligible for attack and plunder
At least you have Challenges. Still waiting for mine.

DeletedUser28670

I've had the Daily Challenge since October and while I have won quite a few useful things, the main point of the challenge seems to be to make you attack your neighbors. Many of the challenges include winning battles or defeating units. This slows up a lot of my guildmates in the newer worlds since they don't want to complete the military tactics research and become eligible for attack and plunder
STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR DAILY CHALLENGES.
DON'T WANT TO GET THE REWARDS, DON'T DO THE QUESTS!

Be happy you even have the Daily Challenges.
I'm going to be off to do some relaxation exercises and learn some yoga. I've become anything than patient with all these people who like rubbing salt in my wounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaidi

This is honestly getting ridiculous and introducing a LARGE balance issue.

I gave up on Y and Z because some people had them (and accelerated tech) and some didn't. And now there are people all over my main worlds who do. It's gone on so long to the point that I didn't make my "big buy" for the winter event - I normally spend $80 at each of the main events - because I don't know if I'm going to be around to use it.

We'll see come spring, I guess.

Salsuero

• The "Aid" filter in the Event History has been renamed to the "Social interactions" filter to better reflect its contents.

Can someone please explain to me why this was necessary, important, and/or desired? It is now less descriptive than it was before. It literally only shows you people who have aided you. It doesn't show you any other social interactions, such as tavern visits, friend requests/drops, even battle engagements, which one could consider a negative social interaction. Aid was descriptive enough to know exactly what it meant. How the heck does it "better reflect" its contents? It should say "Aid Events" to be in line with every other perfectly descriptive and accurate filter. I'm quite literally shaking my head over this one.

Salsuero

So where's this kraken counter? It's not on right side menu or on GB itself.

Screen shot 2017-12-13 at 6.39.14 AM.png

I'd like to know why you can't see it when you're in GE or on the GvG and/or Continent maps. Seems only 1/4 useful if you can only see it when attacking neighbors. We use the Kraken to repeatedly fight in more places than that.

DeletedUser31498

Any idea when the update gets pushed through? I'm EAGER after all this anticipation.

qaccy

Can someone please explain to me why this was necessary, important, and/or desired? It is now less descriptive than it was before. It literally only shows you people who have aided you. It doesn't show you any other social interactions, such as tavern visits, friend requests/drops, even battle engagements, which one could consider a negative social interaction. Aid was descriptive enough to know exactly what it meant. How the heck does it "better reflect" its contents? It should say "Aid Events" to be in line with every other perfectly descriptive and accurate filter. I'm quite literally shaking my head over this one.

It might have to do with the fact that plundering is listed under this header as well. So calling it 'aid events' prior to the update was technically false, since it was showing plunder events as well.

Rather than changing plunder to display under battle events, they changed the name of the header instead. Technically, plunder IS a social interaction so it belongs under this header (you click on someone's building just like when motivating and such), but it's probably not the kind of social interaction most people have in mind when they're filtering their event history.

Salsuero

Technically, plunder IS a social interaction

But tavern visits isn't? Friend invites isn't? Battle events isn't? I would have thought it would make more sense to put plunder in its own filter if not battle events. I don't get plundered, so I didn't realize they were shared. But whatever. It still seems like a dumb change to me. Thanks for the clarification, though.

qaccy

@Salsuero
Speaking in the broadest terms, yes, everything you do to another player is a social interaction. But in terms of the options available in the event history, most events are additionally filtered under the additional headers. Plunder seems to be lumped in with aid because of how it's performed in the game, hence the change in naming of the header it appears under.

I guess a question to ask is this: If aid and plunder are going to appear on the same list of actions, what should it be called? Perhaps the current naming is merely going to be temporary until that question is satisfactorily answered or another solution is found.

Salsuero

If aid and plunder are going to appear on the same list of actions, what should it be called?

How about "Aid & Plunder Events"?

Perhaps the current naming is merely going to be temporary until that question is satisfactorily answered or another solution is found.

Temporary doesn't make sense to me since it wasn't really "broken" before. No one was complaining about it to my knowledge. But... my suggestion seems like a much more common sense change, even if temporary.

qaccy

Well...why not 'social interactions'? As far as game mechanics are concerned, aid and plunder function identically, as I pointed out in an earlier post. We don't really think of them as the same type of action, but they are, so using one term to describe both of them does make sense. Even if (again) everything you do to another player could be considered a social interaction, all of those already get filed away under another header as well (taverns, trades, etc).

Anyway, while an odd thing to 'update' it's always been the case that aid and plunder have both appeared under what used to be the 'aid events' filter, so changing the name of that header to something that doesn't make plunder look odd in the list kinda fits in my book.

Salsuero

Well...why not 'social interactions'?

Because it isn't descriptive or intuitive. Why reinvent a perfectly good wheel?

...aid and plunder have both appeared under what used to be the 'aid events' filter

So call it that. "Aid & Plunder" is perfectly descriptive.

...changing the name of that header to something that doesn't make plunder look odd

...and doesn't look odd for good ol' plunder.

DeletedUser31257

The Kraken counter, is it only available for PC/Mac only? I did not see on Mobile device (I play on iPad and sometime on Mac)
Will it be available for Mobile later as well?

DeletedUser31592

The Kraken counter, is it only available for PC/Mac only? I did not see on Mobile device (I play on iPad and sometime on Mac)
Will it be available for Mobile later as well?
Even though I don't have a Kraken, I am sure it is PC only. The PC has a icon for all active consumable boosts over to the side. Supply boost, coin boost, aid boost (like from the DT),, etc...