• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.117 FEED BACK

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser32868

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave your comments or suggestions in this thread! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

What happened to the recurring quest that said "have less than 42 population" in oceanic era????
It was a recurring quest ever since oceanic came out, and I depended on that quest for items.
WHERE is it, and WHY was it removed?
Add it back in, total crap removing it.

DeletedUser30312

Bugs I've experienced today:

Sound effects glitch when I use the keyboard shortcuts for the supply production buildings

Exiting a tavern causes the city's background music to reset. Slightly annoying when visiting several taverns in a row.

lemur

Does the sound make that much difference?

Yes. One benefit is that the sound clip from resetting a supply production is a nice clue that the attempt was successful. (There are so many possible glitches with Flash these days that attempting to restart a production sometimes fails.) This audible feedback becomes important when you're collecting and resetting 24-hour productions and doing it quickly — so as to minimize the annoying drift .of . your . .daily . . collection . . . time.

By the way, I have noticed a marked drop in game participation today — from motivation to GB contributions to messages posted. That seems like rather loud feedback for the developers. But are they listening?

DeletedUser32868

What happened to the recurring quest that said "have less than 42 population" in oceanic era????
It was a recurring quest ever since oceanic came out, and I depended on that quest for items.

INNO, I'm still waiting for some info and an explanation as to why this recurring quest was removed.

DeletedUser31440

Yes. One benefit is that the sound clip from resetting a supply production is a nice clue that the attempt was successful. (There are so many possible glitches with Flash these days that attempting to restart a production sometimes fails.) This audible feedback becomes important when you're collecting and resetting 24-hour productions and doing it quickly — so as to minimize the annoying drift .of . your . .daily . . collection . . . time.

I'll try setting my productions with sound tomorrow and see if I notice any change in speed while setting my productions.

lemur

INNO, I'm still waiting for some info and an explanation as to why this recurring quest was removed.

I doubt that InnoGames cares. They generally treat their player base with the same disdain that a drug dealer has for his junkies. Their business model is to maximize profit from a bunch of internet video addicts. They took a quest system that worked fine last fall and replaced it with this balking, freezing, failing-to-load, memory-chewing mess that we have now. Why? Only because they wanted to add a feature ("daily challenges") that would enhance the addiction. A company that actually cared about the quality of their product would not spend so much time inventing ways to wreck it.

lemur

There is nothing, no clicking sound, no music, nothing. I’m not 22 yrs old with ear buds in, watching tv, playing the game and on my phone. That’s what they are gearing things to, the sensory charged up young person.

I still have no sound this morning. Is that the same for you? The dead silence seems rather appropriate in a way — symbolic of the response we get from InnoGames.

WhatKnot

I agree..it sunk my boat...guess I need to have more of RL...cause this "RL" in my game play...keeps getting "Nerfed" up

DeletedUser32868

I agree..it sunk my boat...guess I need to have more of RL...cause this "RL" in my game play...keeps getting "Nerfed" up

Ok, so I explore another alternative to heavy quest, and try and keep goods, etc flowing in.
I go to the "gain 16000 happiness" quest. I have a big patch of open land. I drop a few long lines
of roads, then after the 2nd or 3rd line of road, the game just gets an internal error, and crashes, reloads.
It does this several times within 2 minute timeframe.
So the game can't handle dropping a simple line of roads, it crashes???????

Inno, fix the ability to drop roads without crashing every 30 seconds, put back in the "have less than 42 population" quest,
or give an explanation as to why this patch ruined questing.
I never had the game crash before when laying roads until after this patch.

We're waiting to hear something back. You asked for feedback in this forum, you got it, now we hear nothing!!!!!

DeletedUser31440

@lemur I still don't get the need for sound in this game. I turned on sound effects and music this morning, music lasted about a minute before I muted it and played my own music instead. The sound effects made it about half way through setting productions in 1 city, the sound clip is too long and doesn't reset fast enough for it to be of any use that I can see if you use hot keys to set your productions. I'm not chastizing your use of the sound I'm just confused as to how it helps.

DeletedUser

By the way, I have noticed a marked drop in game participation today — from motivation to GB contributions to messages posted.
Couldn't have anything to do with your endearing personality, could it? ;)

DeletedUser

INNO, I'm still waiting for some info and an explanation as to why this recurring quest was removed
why was the OF recurring quest 'have less than 42 population' removed?
In the Changelog Announcement, this was mentioned. It is the "More Work" quest, and the Announcement states that it was changed from a recurring quest to a one-time quest. Doesn't say why.

DeletedUser32868

I'm guessing it was meant to be a one-time quest all along. There are similar ones in most of the ages. Otherwise it was a 'free' RQ- even better than the UBQ.

I'm not looking for the peanut gallery's guesses and assumptions. I'm looking for INNO, I know you're reading this, to explain why the quest was removed. It's always been a recurring quest, and one that many relied on.
They removed that quest, have the happiness quest method of completing that one by laying roads totally broken, so they're ruining heavy questing. I want to hear from INNO on this.

DeletedUser8428

I'm not looking for the peanut gallery's guesses and assumptions. I'm looking for INNO, I know you're reading this, to explain why the quest was removed. It's always been a recurring quest, and one that many relied on.
They removed that quest, have the happiness quest method of completing that one by laying roads totally broken, so they're ruining heavy questing. I want to hear from INNO on this.

Being snarky about other gamers is pretty rude.

Can't swear to this of course, but I've never seen any response here from anyone other than a player or a player/volunteer (mod). Never seen Inno respond directly to any request from a player. Good luck.

DeletedUser30377

The game is unplayable, can you make an announcement??? Is it the update or is it my computer what is going on??

DeletedUser31882

We're waiting to hear something back. You asked for feedback in this forum, you got it, now we hear nothing!!!!!

Expecting a direct response to you for your feedback on a forum is a bit... presumptuous.

Have you tried calling them directly yet?

lemur

I still don't get the need for sound in this game.

What do you mean by "need"? Must everything be judged according to some efficiency standard? People like the sounds, and that is why InnoGames put so much effort into creating so many of them. Making excuses for InnoGames' software incompetence by claiming that the sound wasn't needed anyway would be a lame argument. Is sound unimportant because a deaf person says so?

... if you use hot keys to set your productions.

I didn't know there was such an option when playing the game with a desktop browser. Is that a mobile device feature?