• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

CHANGELOG 1.117 FEED BACK

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser31440

What do you mean by "need"? Must everything be judged according to some efficiency standard? People like the sounds, and that is why InnoGames put so much effort into creating so many of them. Making excuses for InnoGames' software incompetence by claiming that the sound wasn't needed anyway would be a lame argument. Is sound unimportant because a deaf person says so?

I didn't know there was such an option when playing the game with a desktop browser. Is that a mobile device feature?

Only available on the browser version. I'm not saying that the sound should remain unfixed, I'm just trying to figure out why so many people are complaining about it. If the reason for being upset is because it can allow for a more efficient playing means then I would like to know about it, but if it's purely for acoustic aesthetics I'm not concerned about it.

DeletedUser25166

@lemur I still don't get the need for sound in this game. I turned on sound effects and music this morning, music lasted about a minute before I muted it and played my own music instead. The sound effects made it about half way through setting productions in 1 city, the sound clip is too long and doesn't reset fast enough for it to be of any use that I can see if you use hot keys to set your productions. I'm not chastizing your use of the sound I'm just confused as to how it helps.
You just don’t get it, do you?
I fight manual, I like to hear my battle sounds. I don’t want to just play a mindless clicking game, depriving me of sensory enjoyment. We get it, you put music on, but there should not be an “update” and sound disappears. You get that right? Or should everyone just play music

DeletedUser31440

You just don’t get it, do you?
I fight manual, I like to hear my battle sounds. I don’t want to just play a mindless clicking game, depriving me of sensory enjoyment. We get it, you put music on, but there should not be an “update” and sound disappears. You get that right? Or should everyone just play music

I get that, please see below since you seemed to miss this post before posting yours? or you just like being rude? Not entirely sure, but maybe this will help you out either way.

I'm not saying that the sound should remain unfixed, I'm just trying to figure out why so many people are complaining about it. If the reason for being upset is because it can allow for a more efficient playing means then I would like to know about it, but if it's purely for acoustic aesthetics I'm not concerned about it.

DeletedUser

Don't really need it on mobile; touchscreen is already much faster than mouse.
Not since they introduced the hot keys. Much faster on PC now. If you are coordinated enough to use both hands, that is.:)

DeletedUser31592

I'm not looking for the peanut gallery's guesses and assumptions. I'm looking for INNO, I know you're reading this, to explain why the quest was removed. It's always been a recurring quest, and one that many relied on.
They removed that quest, have the happiness quest method of completing that one by laying roads totally broken, so they're ruining heavy questing. I want to hear from INNO on this.

Well, you know, temper tantrums are usually the easiest method of gaining attention, so if they ever decide to respond to a player, I'm sure you will be one of the first they consider. Brand new to the forum, too. Very impressive.

DeletedUser13762

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave your comments or suggestions in this thread! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
I have noticed since the last update I constantly have to refresh the page to take any actions. For example, if I let my screen go for 5 minutes running on a mac book pro running high sierra 10.13.2 I am unable to open messages, contribute to GBs, or collect until I refresh the page. This only started happening after the update. I am currently using the latest version of Chrome. Anyone else having this issue? I have no issues on mobile.

DeletedUser10567

concerning the expansion, hopefully I'm confused here - I get that its telling you that you can use the different means to purchase more area, however what happens when you have all three ways locked up? I can only get more expansion by using medals - hard to come by at the amount of medals I would need for an expansion. so is there anyway to get more expansion spaces after you have used your allotted spaces? according to the new system i only have 6 more expansion spaces and then i'm done but i will still have a lot of area unused. it seems that the players who have been around for awhile got/took the chance to buy diamonds and expand definitely have the advantage. any info on how this works?

DeletedUser8428

3 ways to add real estate.
1-Win them by battling or negotiating for provinces on the continent map
2-Pay for them with enough medals (the cost in medals per expansion increases each time) Medals can be received in quests. Medals can be earned by building Great Buildings that produce medals.
3-Pay for them with diamonds (the cost in diamonds per expansion increases each time).

You have the ability to add 2 (I THINK it's two) diamond expansion each time you move up an era. If you do not move up an era, you can't add diamond expansions.

Is that the kind of info you were looking for?

DeletedUser31440

concerning the expansion, hopefully I'm confused here - I get that its telling you that you can use the different means to purchase more area, however what happens when you have all three ways locked up? I can only get more expansion by using medals - hard to come by at the amount of medals I would need for an expansion. so is there anyway to get more expansion spaces after you have used your allotted spaces? according to the new system i only have 6 more expansion spaces and then i'm done but i will still have a lot of area unused. it seems that the players who have been around for awhile got/took the chance to buy diamonds and expand definitely have the advantage. any info on how this works?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this is what it looks like when you click on an expansion and can't purchase it.

exp.JPG

DeletedUser

What you have to remember is that new expansions have to attach to your existing city. So the new display shows only the expansions that are immediately usable, assuming you have the means to purchase them. Once you buy one of them, the ones that can be attached to it will then become part of the display. In other words, it's only showing you the expansions you can get with your next purchase, not the one after that. Does that help?

DeletedUser12938

if you really wanted to take a recurring quest away, why not take the "Less Work" one ? Maybe because the "More Work" was useful to players ? :(

DeletedUser26182

I'm guessing that INNO removed the RQs because too many players were sitting in an age taking advantage of the RQs and not moving forward fast enough in tech and/or eras to suit INNO ??

DeletedUser29623

I mostly leave the sound effects on (music off), in the hope that once again I’ll have a building whose sound effects I find as amusing as the one for the goat farm. I miss that goat.

The sound effects for collecting from the Dark Tower and clicking on the graveyard are also enjoyable.

DeletedUser10567

What you have to remember is that new expansions have to attach to your existing city. So the new display shows only the expansions that are immediately usable, assuming you have the means to purchase them. Once you buy one of them, the ones that can be attached to it will then become part of the display. In other words, it's only showing you the expansions you can get with your next purchase, not the one after that. Does that help?

not what i'm asking

DeletedUser10567

3 ways to add real estate.
1-Win them by battling or negotiating for provinces on the continent map
2-Pay for them with enough medals (the cost in medals per expansion increases each time) Medals can be received in quests. Medals can be earned by building Great Buildings that produce medals.
3-Pay for them with diamonds (the cost in diamonds per expansion increases each time).

You have the ability to add 2 (I THINK it's two) diamond expansion each time you move up an era. If you do not move up an era, you can't add diamond expansions.

Is that the kind of info you were looking for?

sorry not what i'm looking for.