• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.118 Feedback

Algona

just to clarify it's not my idea, I'm going off a line from panacea's posting of the change log that they are thinking of changing it though I am for the change if it comes to pass.

My mistake I apologize . I missed where INNO was considering the idea of revealing the contents of the Chest before choosing.

INNO is considering that change along with not giving a -1 for failing?

Heh.

Anyone here ever play D&D with a Monty Hall DM? "Geez, another Holy Avenger?"

1500 FPs a year, 25 Stores, 10 RKs, 5 RH, 3-4 SoK, and 3-4 WW per year. Plus the Prizes in the Daily Chests.

Sure, why not?

qaccy

Coming in here to say that I'm happy with the unlisted change that made paging through the social bar somehow even faster than it already was after another recent update. I can barely even see the bar jump now; it's practically an instant change when clicked.

I also noticed the change that the loading shield now appears whenever a production is cancelled. Odd, but I assume this is to prevent clicking on a building while it's still in the process of cancelling the production. I don't think this had any negative impact on gameplay, but maybe it did and that's why it was changed?

DeletedUser31498

Close but wrong. If you miss/don't accept one challenge per week, you would reach the final chest 40 times. With the minus one on the day you miss/don't accept the challenge, it will take 9 days to reach each final chest, not 8. If you clear the challenge 6 days, then miss on the 7th day, you are back at 5, so you will clear the 6th one (again) on the 8th day and clear the 7th challenge on the 9th day. :)

UMMMMMMMMM, Stephen............... have you been converted to the dark side doing math??

Except that Manda was comparing the hypothetical case where we don't receive -1 for missing. So his math was mostly right, and yours is a bit less right.

Your assumption actually resets every 9 days, not 7, while his resets every 8, not 7. So your math is correct if in a 9-day cycle, someone misses one day. If someone misses one once every 7 days like he said, you're both over-estimating how many chests are gotten. It's actually 44 and 37. But close enough!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Your assumption actually resets every 9 days, not 7, while his resets every 8, not 7. So your math is correct if in a 9-day cycle, someone misses one day. If someone misses one once every 7 days like he said, you're both over-estimating how many chests are gotten. It's actually 44 and 37. But close enough!
Yes, I forgot to account for the fact that every once in a while you would miss more than once in a cycle. It would actually vary between 38 and 39. If you start on Sunday and Saturday is the day you miss/fail, then it is a 4 week repeating cycle where you will open the final chest once in 3 of the 4 weeks, or 39 times out of 52. If you start on Sunday and miss/fail on Monday, then you will open 2 final chests in the first 4 weeks, after which there is the same 4 week repeating pattern of 3 final chests. That's 2 for the first 4 weeks, and 36 for the final 48 weeks, or 38 total. Missing/failing on Tuesday gives the 4 week pattern for all 52 weeks, or 39 total. So we were all a little off. Thanks for noticing. :)

DeletedUser32211

I was going to post a comment about the changes to DC rewards but figured the Inno apologists (AKA "well-known members") would either attack me or explain why I'm wrong so why bother.

DeletedUser31498

Just got my first "pay supplies" as opposed to "get ride of useless GE reward decos/housing."
Who wanted that change?

lemur

Coming in here to say that I'm happy with the unlisted change that made paging through the social bar somehow even faster than it already was after another recent update.

I noticed that too this morning. .But I also saw (and subsequently verified much later) that the improvement you mentioned has been more than offset by screwing up the Tavern loading.

When navigating through one's list of friends and visiting Taverns, the opening of each one now has a two- or three-second delay, as the program seems to "stick" — much like what the "new and improved" quest system does sometimes (especially during the evening) when a player tries to complete multiple quests by scrolling through the loop and aborting most of them.

Perhaps the Tavern feature was "improved" to be just as balky (and memory hogging) as the quest line so that there is game consistency. . :rolleyes:

What about HTML5?

I'll see your good question and raise you even better ones. . :)

Why is InnoGames "fixing" things in their Flash code if the whole program will soon be converted into HTML5 ?

Is that conversion project not going well?

Last edited:

qaccy

When navigating through one's list of friends and visiting Taverns, the opening of each one now has a two- or three-second delay, as the program seems to "stick" — much like what the "new and improved" quest system does when a player tries to complete multiple quests by scrolling through the loop and aborting most of them.

I didn't personally notice any difference in tavern visiting when I made my rounds this morning. Maybe it was just the server being a bit slow at the time when you did it?

lemur

I didn't personally notice any difference in tavern visiting when I made my rounds this morning. Maybe it was just the server being a bit slow at the time when you did it?

I just did some more testing, and the extra delay is definitely there (even with light traffic before the evening rush hits), but it's not as long as I claimed in my previous message. .I would estimate it to be only one extra second per tavern when trying to visit dozens of taverns on the social bar. .There is a "wading through peanut butter" feeling to the process that wasn't there yesterday. .It is merely one more minor annoyance to accept. .But then, I find the whole Tavern feature to be somewhat annoying anyway, so what did I expect? . ... LOL

DeletedUser

I just did some more testing, and the extra delay is definitely there (even with light traffic before the evening rush hits), but it's not as long as I claimed in my previous message. .I would estimate it to be only one extra second per tavern when trying to visit dozens of taverns on the social bar. .There is a "wading through peanut butter" feeling to the process that wasn't there yesterday. .It is merely one more minor annoyance to accept. .But then, I find the whole Tavern feature to be somewhat annoying anyway, so what did I expect? . ... LOL
And the extra second that is allegedly there now, how long until it accumulates enough to be more than the time it has taken for you to come here and complain about it multiple times? And since perception (and your perception is all you're going by, unless you routinely time the different game elements with a stopwatch) is wrong a significant percentage of the time, especially when it comes to time intervals, how reliable is your "testing" anyway?

DeletedUser31440

@lemur have you tried aiding and visitng taverns from a mobile platform? That's what I do now, and I haven't noticed any slowdowns on visiting taverns.

consider this though every level the city advances allows every thief already at that level to plunder the H++L out of the up and coming player. Don't speak of military most levels do not get the military for the level until they are about mid way through. So great you move up - fun- the game leads you toward that I agree, but losing everything because you are the little guy on the block stinks.

Exactly, people who are just starting out this game have realized that advancing too fast is counter productive and hurts your city's overall growth. You have to use the majority of your FPs just to advance through the long tech trees, fps that could be used to level your important GBs. I have been told by many of the higher level player in my guild, and on the server, to NOT advance too quickly or you will always be finding yourself unable to fight GE, spending tonnes of goods having to negotiate and find yourself at the bottom of the hood open to multiple attacks and plunder each day.

When I started six months ago, I advanced as quick as I could right through the first five ages. I had limited GBs and even less attack and defense bonus as I didn't have high enough military GBs, or enough of them at that point. I was constantly running out of goods having to negotiate most of GE. Since then, I have slowed advancing and am now sitting in CA working on getting all my military GB's to level ten before advancing. Not rushing through the ages and tech trees has allowed me to use my FPs strictly for leveling my GBs and I am now normally first in my hood , or close to it, and I barely get attacked and plundered now. Leveling my military GBs also allows me to fight all the way through the first half of level four which is a HUGE help on not draining my goods each time, which I was constantly having to do before I learned not to advance too fast from more advanced and knowledgeable players.

I agree that the acquire continent sectors should be removed from the daily quests as the people who don't want to run through the ages and suffer the things I mentioned above, have a very hard time completing them, if possible at all. It's bad enough that they seem to put a conquer a continent EVERY time in each event. Inno needs to understand that people play different ways, and by doing this, they are causing people to have to play their way and wreck their game strategy. Now when I get one, I have to abort it right away and then lucky me, I get a minus one on which is ridiculous as I can't do it. I am already NOT getting a chance at the prize option because I cannot complete the continent part of that quest, but I am also getting a minus one as well. So in reality, you are getting dinged twice for not doing it.

One more thing on the daily quests, please change the negotiate/fight GE quest to just finish a set amount of sections. If I am deep into level four where I can't beat the armies no matter what and that one comes up, then I have to lose out. And I absolutely HATE to negotiate GE. It's a complete waste of my precious goods and I lose out on important PvP tower points.

since the upgrade when i battle anywhere the troop battle sounds play constantly and won't stop until i log out and back in. happens in all 3 worlds i play in. absolutely annoying so i play with sound muted

DeletedUser25166

since the upgrade when i battle anywhere the troop battle sounds play constantly and won't stop until i log out and back in. happens in all 3 worlds i play in. absolutely annoying so i play with sound muted
INNO support response was for me to clear my browser cache and make sure Flash is updated. Yeah, has been fine until Your update, now my computer is at fault
Fuking joke, stop with upgrades, fix the issues first. Players have been saying this for over a year.
All this crap started with the stupid Tavern implementation, downhill since

Toppcatt

Yeppers, it's the same for me. It's actually 5 times worse now, then it was before this latest patch. About 1/2 the time, the noise droning starts on the very 1st "enemy" unit when it does it's first move, and like you said, it doesn't stop until I refresh the page.

But as I also wrote in a comment I posted toward the beginning of this Thread, that this is typical of Inno. It has been well over half the times for their "fixes", that the problem either ends up even worse than it was before, or for an even worse case, the game starts giving me that "problem", when I wasn't having even a single instance of it before the patch/update/"fix". DOH!!

DeletedUser31882

My DCs hit me up with the pay coin & supply option today. It was 17k coin and 19K supply if I recall correctly(EMA). Considering the tasks they replaced: The cost is much higher, but the time savings is +++Zoom.

lemur

... unless you routinely time the different game elements with a stopwatch

Actually, that's exactly what I did. There is so much continual tinkering with the program that I decided to create baseline measurements for a few important tasks that I do every day. It was easy because my computer clock, plainly visible in the upper corner, is set to show the seconds counting.

Furthermore, I collected 24-hour supplies right after visiting taverns. Those collections were overdue — because opening the taverns had taken longer than normal. That's a test standardized against the Inno game clock — which is presumably not atomic but still sufficient. . :p

Maybe it was just the server being a bit slow at the time when you did it?

Since that first day I have not had as many problems with opening taverns. So I should have withheld my comment and waited. Perhaps it was still being "tweaked" on Wednesday. Even though the Beta server is supposed to find any problems with a software change, I have seen the program developers continue to adjust their "updates" after they go live on the main server.

All this crap started with the stupid Tavern implementation

Later on Wednesday, I noticed that if my Tavern is full, the browser crashes rather spectacularly (with a loud screeching noise) when I collect. My new habit is to close the Tavern immediately to avoid a browser crash. I am now suspecting that my problem with this update is mainly due to a bad interaction between the InnoGames tavern code and my Safari browser. Both Flash and my browser will soon be replaced, so I'll survive. . o_O

But all of this invites the same question I posed on Wednesday:

Why is InnoGames "fixing" things in their Flash code if the whole program will soon be converted into HTML5 ?

Ideas anyone?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Ideas anyone?
Well, if I was planning on trading in a car, I would still try to keep it running until I actually got rid of it. Imagine if they told us they were going to let all the bugs ride until the switchover. I doubt any of us would be very happy with that. :)

DeletedUser27889

Ideas anyone?
From what I remember reading I believe on beta they stated that there are separate teams of developers. The team working on new content/bug fixes for FoE and the team who is solely focused on porting all inno games to html5.

If you think about it, fixing the flash code has nothing to do with porting it over to html. It's a different language. There's no need for us to play a broken game while we wait for the new version.