• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.119 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser26660

Does that solve the irritation for you?

The irritation for me as mentioned above is that yet again no consideration or empathy has been given to anyone who has less than perfect vision, whether that be colorblindness, migranes brought on by certain images and any other association deficientcy that many of us have to live with. It is very well known about color blindness and migranes and the triggers associated with them, color blindness in particular has been discussed in the forums many times, therefore why is it continually ignored when all these so called 'improvements' are made? Is it because the subject does not affect everyone so therefore not important? Or is it simply that the designers just cannot remember the issue when coming up with what they consider is a brilliant design that will wow everyone? Come on guys, we live in 2018 and thought and consideration for all should be given, not just the perfect person with zero flaws.

P.S. as an addendum, what's the point of constructive feedback in these forums if it is continually ignored?

DeletedUser

In fact, if the information in a barracks is irrelevant with Alcatraz, as you say, why does it matter at all what the window looks like?
Part of the reason the change makes the pertinent info harder to see is specifically the inclusion of this basically useless information, that's why it matters.
And if you're only interested in retraining troops that are in open slots then use the number hotkeys.
To do that, you still have to go through the same steps as using the cursor, except now you have to find the appropriate number hotkey in addition. Adding an extra step without taking out the irritating one isn't any help, but thanks for trying. :rolleyes:

centaurgod

With this new update I encountered a problem so I opened a support ticket the other day, and now the rep assigned to the ticket will not take the problem seriously. They have ridiculed me and think the problem is a joke. Who can I complain to? Should I open a new ticket and hope it get assigned to someone who will take things seriously?

qaccy

Part of the reason the change makes the pertinent info harder to see is specifically the inclusion of this basically useless information, that's why it matters.

To do that, you still have to go through the same steps as using the cursor, except now you have to find the appropriate number hotkey in addition. Adding an extra step without taking out the irritating one isn't any help, but thanks for trying. :rolleyes:

But you've already said yourself that the information in the barracks doesn't matter, that's why I challenged it. Now you're saying it DOES matter? Make up your mind or it's going to sound like you're just whining about change rather than having an actual problem with it. Especially with the dismissal of the solution I provided that makes it a non-issue. Click the barracks, and even without looking at the window at all you can press 1234 (all at once, if you'd like) and you'll start training something if there's an available slot. I would assume that there is one, otherwise you wouldn't have clicked on the barracks in the first place. And if that's all you're opening the barracks for, then using the number hotkeys functions exactly the same no matter what the window looks like and in fact it doesn't matter at all what the window looks like. Or are you saying that it's hard for you to find the number keys on your keyboard?

Please, come up with something better to sound like you're not just whining because that's really what it sounds like at this point. At least @sir lanceaboil is voicing a legitimate concern over visual impairments, even if I don't personally think the new UI is overly unfriendly to color blindness in particular.

DeletedUser26660

I don't personally think the new UI is overly unfriendly to color blindness in particular.

How on earth can you make a comment like that if you do not suffer from the condition, totally illogical. Nobody can ever understand what others see or feel unless they have the condition themselves. Your statement above when analysied suggests you think the new look is partly friendly to color blindness...rediculous!

DeletedUser29726

While i would agree the new style is 'uglier' that's neither here nor there. The position of the 'yes, cancel what i just asked you to cancel' button feels a bit off as well. Usually when you're confirming the action you just took is one you want to take you click the button on the right and the button on the left is 'no, i changed my mind'. First dozen or so times i cancelled a production i ended up first saying 'continue' then having to hit cancel again and click the right button (on the left ;)) to confirm it...

It'd also be nice if there was a 'stop showing me this confirmation box' checkbox for production cancellations.

And it'd be super if since we see the entire dialog anyways we could take one click out of the process of cancel-confirm-choose new by just having it be choose new-confirm cancel and restart.

DeletedUser29623

Not having any barracks at all, I don’t know what y’all are talking about, but I do like the animated clouds of dust we now get on mobile whenever we move or start construction on a building

DeletedUser32389

How on earth can you make a comment like that if you do not suffer from the condition, totally illogical. Nobody can ever understand what others see or feel unless they have the condition themselves. Your statement above when analysied suggests you think the new look is partly friendly to color blindness...rediculous!
I don't mean to drag us off topic, but this has caught my interest. I found a group of tools that help developers make better choices, and understand how the more common forms of colorblindness interact with their designs. I also found that chrome has a number of extensions that allow you control the hues that your browser outputs. (see Dalton for Google Chrome)
This doesn't forgive a mistake from Inno, but it might help you specifically (and it may be a personal option for anyone else who wants to tune the GUI).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26660

I don't mean to drag us off topic, but this has caught my interest. I found a group of tools that help developers make better choices, and understand how the more common forms of colorblindness interact with their designs. I also found that chrome has a number of extensions that allow you control the hues that your browser outputs. This doesn't forgive a mistake from Inno, but it might help you specifically (and it may be a personal option for anyone else who wants to tune the GUI).

Thanks for your input which is appreciated and also for mentioning the fact that tools are out there for developers which is useful. It does highlight the fact that INNO does seem to continually disregard color blindness along with other forms of eye conditions despite numerous posts in these forums, which is regrettable :( Hopefully they get to read these posts and finally do something about them. I have also submitted a ticket highlighting this issue yesterday and am awaiting a reply.

DeletedUser

But you've already said yourself that the information in the barracks doesn't matter, that's why I challenged it. Now you're saying it DOES matter?
Apparently, this is a hard concept for you, so I'll explain it one more time. The information itself doesn't matter. Got that? Okay. Now, the fact that they used up valuable space to include it, thus allowing less space and therefore visibility for the pertinent information does matter. See the difference? If not, maybe you should take a remedial reading course before continuing. Otherwise I'll have to conclude that you're just trolling.
Especially with the dismissal of the solution I provided that makes it a non-issue. Click the barracks, and even without looking at the window at all you can press 1234 (all at once, if you'd like) and you'll start training something if there's an available slot.
And if you click the slot that has a wounded unit? Does that spend the Diamonds? Honestly, I expected better thinking skills from you.
Please, come up with something better to sound like you're not just whining
How about instead you come up with a better suggestion than blindly closing my eyes and pushing random number keys? The longer you continue this line of (not) thinking, the lower my respect for you goes.

lemonwedgie

I always hated the Military Buildings pop up panels on the mobile app because there is too much similar colouring in buttons yellow/sand/cream whatever colour you wanna call it and for some reason I regularly hit the complete now button spending 50diamonds .... (before someone tells me to switch back on my notification of "you are about to spend blah blah blah" no because that would be a PIA when healing troops in GvG, and I don't have enough brain cells left AND am too lazy to remember to switch on/off before I GvG). So, kinda miffed that they brought it to the browser version where majority of my gaming time is.

Its annoying and not sure why there isn't a more defined look to seperate actions ... unless of course they want me to accidentally hit complete now ... if so, great job, you have had 150 diamonds out of me so far since the update :)

DeletedUser24929

The problems with the latest changelog 1.119.
1) On the military production, they no longer show the actual time to train one unit. It is necessary to return to the barracks and use the Tip point to reflect the adjusted time to train.

Aesthetically, neither the military or supply production menus are not as pleasing as the old ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Its annoying and not sure why there isn't a more defined look to seperate actions ... unless of course they want me to accidentally hit complete now ... if so, great job, you have had 150 diamonds out of me so far since the update :)

When you're training/producing something, the whole window dims out with the exception of your selected production/training slot. If you're accidentally hitting the diamond button at that point...well, at some point we have to stop trying to blame Inno and accept some responsibility for our own negligence.

DeletedUser31257

There is option for player to double check before you spend diamonds. I activated that, granted it pop up windows every time you about to spend diamonds but it give you a second chance to prevent mistake.
As for the new features on military, I mostly play on iPad. I kinda like new window. Bigger, easy to see.

And diamonds spending button is yellow color compared to smaller Red X for cancellation.
So I kind of teach myself. Red button over Yellow.

lemonwedgie

When you're training/producing something, the whole window dims out with the exception of your selected production/training slot. If you're accidentally hitting the diamond button at that point...well, at some point we have to stop trying to blame Inno and accept some responsibility for our own negligence.

Lol if you regularly read my posts you will know I am not a 'blame Inno' kind of person. I do regularly read yours and that is the type of reply I would expect.

I understand that I have to accept some responsibility, I was pointing out that the windows are NOT clearly defined, dimmed or not and I have had accidents because of this.

qaccy

Lol if you regularly read my posts you will know I am not a 'blame Inno' kind of person. I do regularly read yours and that is the type of reply I would expect.

I understand that I have to accept some responsibility, I was pointing out that the windows are NOT clearly defined, dimmed or not and I have had accidents because of this.

Pretty clearly defined to me. Or at least, I don't have my diamond confirmation turned on and I've never accidentally spent anything while looking at a barracks or production building for that matter. This also means though that I was unaware until the 1.120 changelog was posted that it was possible to spend diamonds on healing by clicking anywhere in the damaged unit's slot, which seems like something that shouldn't happen (and is now being fixed). I don't think that has much of anything to do with most of the UI complaints about things looking too 'similar' though. I still don't see any diamond icons in my available training slots, so I'm never going to be accidentally clicking a button because it looks 'similar' to everything else. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser25431

Thanks! I didn't know that. Time to stop scouting I guess (until the next event makes me scout).

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you for coming.

I asked the Sergeant to bring you all here so we could clear up any misunderstandings and…

Sergeant? Laying there by the rug, is that your comb? OH, I’m so – I’m so – I was looking’ down and – I – I didn’t notice you were bald. Please forgive my...

Ma’am? Is that your comb? No? Oh, my apologies – that’s a beautiful wig, miss, really.

You, sir? This your comb? Woops. Heh, sorry. That’s a mighty fine hairpiece, Mr. Connery. Sure had me fooled.

Well, I’ll just keep this in case someone comes looking for it. Might be a Hari Krishna around here somewhere I haven’t asked yet…

Anyway folks, this won’t take very long. This is very simple, really.

Some people like to complete the Daily Challenge every day and, some don’t.

Some people like to complete each Event, and some don’t.

Generally, the players who like to complete one game aspect like to complete the other, comprising one category of player: The Achievers.

Those who don’t care about completing one game aspect? They don’t care about completing the other one either and therefore all fall into a single opposing category.

This opposing category believes that “not scouting Campaign Map Sectors” is an acceptable solution to this Daily Challenge issue. Why do they believe that?

…Because they are NOT concerned about completing the Events either.

Those who DO like to complete everything (as much as possible), ARE, however, concerned about completing each upcoming Event. Therefore, they are equally concerned about “getting ahead” of an upcoming Event, which – as we all know – will inevitably ask you to infiltrate, conquer, (etc.) Sectors and Provinces.

Thus, these folks who DO care? They recognize the practicality and sometimes necessity of scouting a Province in advance of an impending Event so as to not have to needlessly “waste” one or two days within that Event scouting something that already should have been scouted BEFORE the Event Clock is ticking.

These respective Provinces and its Sectors scouted in advance solely for the purpose of completing the upcoming Event should not be viewed as new fodder for the Daily Challenges. That’s not what that the Province was scouted for in the first place. But, currently, it is being turned into not only an impediment in the way of completing Daily Challenges but useless where the upcoming Event is concerned as well.

But the “don’t cares?” They don’t care BECAUSE they aren’t preparing in advance for the Events.

So they say, “Sure! Just don’t scout a province and it won’t show up on the Daily Challenge and you’ll be fine.”

What they don’t say is, “We don’t care about preparing in advance for impending Events and don’t care that you do.”

That’s very sad, really.

Now, even if some want to ignore, or dispute all these most obvious of facts, there are still two more facts that some might find a “little” bit harder to debunk…

There are so few Provinces in this game, relatively speaking.

In fact, I think there are a grand total of only 250 provinces.

Let me ask you, “How many days are there in just one year?”

And they want as many players as possible to play this game daily for how many years?

Well how about that...

Thus, this requirement within the Daily Challenge should truly be removed from the game, along with those players who feel this game should cater solely to their type of game play (and to hell with anyone wanting to complete anything – Perhaps these folks are getting some graft off Diamond sales at Inno Games? Who knows - Sergeant, look into that for me, will you please?).

But anyway, folks, these types of repeat offenders and their arrogance dirty the Forums all the time, especially when someone points out an issue that truly needs to be corrected. Basically, these repeat offenders' ultimate response is always, “Think and do like me or suffer.”

I remember a guy in Moscow and another guy in Berlin not too long ago who each felt the exact same way.

Oh, I'm late for lunch! Please excuse me - my wife's having this party for the nephews and - oh my gosh, I forgot and left the dog at the vet's. I was supposed to pick him up half an hour ago. Can ya believe that? And here I was also supposed to pick up Chinese on the way home to boot.

OH and - here, Sergeant, you can have that - that comb's gotta belong to somebody - I'm sure they'll come looking for it.

Anyway, we'll be in touch and thank you for your time, ladies and gentlemen (sorry about the bald thing, sergeant - really I - ).

Thank you everyone! Goodbye.

OH - JUST ONE MORE THING, FOLKS?...

DeletedUser32389

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you for coming.
copypasta.jpg

This is copypasta. Keep it up and I'll report you @Kevicom