• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.119 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser26660

You also couldn't accidentally spend Diamonds to heal a wounded unit instead of starting the training of a new one. Poor design in that respect. Sometimes the old ways are just better.

Exactly, for those of us who are colorblind it is dead easy to hit the wrong button now and spend diamonds instead of recuiting...maybe they deliberately did this to get us to accidently spend more.

DeletedUser30211

of all the changes I have seen Inno make. The new (horrible) graphics for the troops barracks has to be the number one worst. I have to force my eyes to stay on it to click the right button. Its like feeding my eyes card board. Please, Please, CHANGE IT BACK.

qaccy

You also couldn't accidentally spend Diamonds to heal a wounded unit instead of starting the training of a new one. Poor design in that respect. Sometimes the old ways are just better.
Exactly, for those of us who are colorblind it is dead easy to hit the wrong button now and spend diamonds instead of recuiting...maybe they deliberately did this to get us to accidently spend more.

I think after a brief period of getting used to the new UI, this won't be a problem.

rogues.png

Each of the different statuses for unit slots looks pretty visually distinct to me. If it's available for training, the coin/supply cost is listed and there's no diamond icon on the button. There's also no health bar below the unit picture if it's an available training slot. So looking at that image, how would I accidentally click to heal my wounded rogue instead of recruiting the available slot?

DeletedUser26660

I think after a brief period of getting used to the new UI, this won't be a problem.

Each of the different statuses for unit slots looks pretty visually distinct to me. If it's available for training, the coin/supply cost is listed and there's no diamond icon on the button. There's also no health bar below the unit picture if it's an available training slot. So looking at that image, how would I accidentally click to heal my wounded rogue instead of recruiting the available slot?

Wow....complete dismissal of how those of us with color blindness and other eye deficiencies actually see things...you are very lucky if you have no visual imparements but many of us do and over and over again INNO disregard or simply forget this when introducing these new ''improvements''. They need to OPEN THEIR EYES and take note of all the past and present comments concerning those of us with less than perfect eyes...a good illustration of this is the red apples on green trees which many, many of us could not see. To give an idea of how I see things the training bar color and the diamonds bar color look identical.

DeletedUser

View attachment 9294

Although I don't have a visual deficiency, I am in the habit (trained in it by the old system) of focusing solely across the bottom of the slot, not at the picture or health bar part. After all, I don't go there to heal a unit, I go there to train a unit, so the bottom part is all that's relevant to me. In the old interface, there either was a bar or there wasn't. And unless it was a new barracks with the 3rd and 4th slots saying "unlock", the bar was strictly for training a new unit. Now I probably won't have a problem with it, as I still have the confirmation popup, but anyone that has disabled that could easily use their Diamonds to accidentally heal a unit instead of train a new one with the new interface.

And aside from that, it's visually less appealing than the old interface. Poor change, in my opinion, not that they'll change it back.

DeletedUser33173

Your desktop version used to be migraine-friendly. In the U.S. alone, 37 million people suffer from migraines. The new changes to the desktop user interface (and on tablets, from what I've been told) is very contrast-y and contrast and lighter colors, especially whites and lighter hues can literally be painful (or feel blinding; too bright) to look at when one has a migraine. I can't speak for everyone, nor would I, but myself and two others have had a hard time playing with the new interface when dealing with a migraine (which can take hours or longer) thereby reducing consistent game time, which will also reduce productivity within accounts. As a Webmaster, I know that it is possible to have a clean interface that is user-friendly to everyone looking at the game. I hope that you will take this into consideration. The prior interface was perfect for playing, even with a migraine.

DeletedUser32065

My game (on computer) is much more slower with this new update, I was thinking that could be a problem of my pc, but I asked that to my guildmates and they feel the same... (for example put production buildings working, didn't try yet a hard fight in GvG)
Nobody here talked about this yet, so not sure if you all noticed.
About the new looks, first I don't like, but after I get used to it, so that's ok.

DeletedUser

From the Changelog Announcement:
"We have improved the way the "Aid" button prioritizes motivating and polishing buildings. Buildings producing Forge Points will now always be motivated first, sorted by the total amount of points the building will produce. Following the Forge Points, buildings generating goods will be next, followed by medals and finally blueprints. Everything else will be choosen once those buildings have been motivated."

Which leads to the question of where is the Hall of Fame with its Guild Power Points? Why is it lumped in with all the regular buildings?
I play via browser, since the update I've been experiencing a lag the likes that is quite bothersome. This lag also occurred during the winter event when you opened a present and the snow started, the lag would start. I got past all that without complaint. But since this lag is a constant effect on all my cities in all the lands I play, it's quite bothersome and makes the game almost unplayable. I've submitted a ticket for this, not sure what to expect though.

DeletedUser32065

I play via browser, since the update I've been experiencing a lag the likes that is quite bothersome. This lag also occurred during the winter event when you opened a present and the snow started, the lag would start. I got past all that without complaint. But since this lag is a constant effect on all my cities in all the lands I play, it's quite bothersome and makes the game almost unplayable. I've submitted a ticket for this, not sure what to expect though.

I feel exactly the same... I hope they fix it asap. That lag really upsets

DeletedUser31225

Wow....complete dismissal of how those of us with color blindness and other eye deficiencies actually see things...you are very lucky if you have no visual imparements but many of us do and over and over again INNO disregard or simply forget this when introducing these new ''improvements''. They need to OPEN THEIR EYES and take note of all the past and present comments concerning those of us with less than perfect eyes...a good illustration of this is the red apples on green trees which many, many of us could not see. To give an idea of how I see things the training bar color and the diamonds bar color look identical.
I am no color blind but apple event was eye opener to me. Sadly most people without color blindness have totally no idea what color blind vision is. If you say "the training bar color and the diamonds bar color look identical" then I am not going to argue.

I hoped after apple event Inno would keep color blindness in mind. I am no legal expert but neglecting color blindness might be against Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

qaccy

If you read my post, I didn't really discuss the color at all because there are numerous other differences between healing and training a unit slot. Even if the two bars are the same color to you, surely you can see that one of them does not have a diamond icon on it, correct? It also says 'train' instead of having a (diamond) number. At this point I'm essentially just repeating my post, but if you're merely colorblind then there are plenty of visual cues that have nothing to do with color to make sure you're doing what you want to do. I'll repeat, to you and @Stephen Longshanks as well, that it sounds more like a problem that'll be solved by getting used to the new UI. Stephen even admitted that his 'habit' with the old UI would be a contributing factor to this perceived 'problem' of clicking the wrong button.

DeletedUser31540

I am no color blind but apple event was eye opener to me. Sadly most people without color blindness have totally no idea what color blind vision is. If you say "the training bar color and the diamonds bar color look identical" then I am not going to argue.

I hoped after apple event Inno would keep color blindness in mind. I am no legal expert but neglecting color blindness might be against Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

I am also no legal expert but many people play this game other than Americans ... inno games is a German company after all. I wouldnt expect a European game designer to be held to an American act ... but like i said ... i have no idea what im talking about

DeletedUser

Stephen even admitted that his 'habit' with the old UI would be a contributing factor to this perceived 'problem' of clicking the wrong button.
Maybe so, but there was no reason to change it. It didn't become more functional with the change, it's ugly now, and I hate having to change a habit for no reason.

DeletedUser26660

Even if the two bars are the same color to you, surely you can see that one of them does not have a diamond icon on it, correct? It also says 'train' instead of having a (diamond) number.

Instead of what was a split second action I now have to read what is what each time, diamonds are now mixed in with the train bars and it is very, very easy to hit the wrong button and spend diamonds instead of letting the units heal as we would have done previously, this has now slowed the game down for me and added an irritating factor into it which wasn't there previously :(

qaccy

Maybe so, but there was no reason to change it. It didn't become more functional with the change, it's ugly now, and I hate having to change a habit for no reason.

It actually did become a bit more useful with the UI update. It wasn't possible to see the status of every slot in a barracks if you had a unit training; now it is. Not a significant improvement, but making information easier to see is an improvement nonetheless.

Appearances are subjective, and I'm sure for every player who thinks the new look is 'ugly' there's one who likes it more, while the majority of players simply don't care enough one way or the other to comment (it's a window you spend maybe seconds a day looking at, after all).

The phrase 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' gets thrown around here a lot, and for the most part that is what a lot of these UI updates seem to be on our end, offering aesthetic changes that seemingly only have 'negative' effects on players as the echo chamber of feedback threads would have you believe. However, it could be possible that these facelifts also bring improvements to the game under the hood in some way. The appearance change probably isn't inextricably linked to things like code cleanup, but it's been clear ever since the update to the messaging system that game windows are slowly migrating away from the 'wood grain' appearance to more of a 'parchment' look. A significant portion of the playerbase today uses the mobile version, and I have to imagine that the lighter background makes things much easier to see on smaller or more dimly-lit screens. That doesn't necessarily translate to PC the same way, but I can see where they're coming from with the appearance changes.

@sir lanceaboil So...you can't see the diamond icon located on the heal button? Not attacking you here, I'm genuinely curious. The presence of that icon should be an immediate tip-off that it's a heal button rather than being used for training, and since it's directly on the button it shouldn't be too hard to see compared to darting your eyes up for a split second to check the rest of the window.

DeletedUser

It actually did become a bit more useful with the UI update. It wasn't possible to see the status of every slot in a barracks if you had a unit training; now it is. Not a significant improvement, but making information easier to see is an improvement nonetheless.
In fact it is an insignificant "improvement" that is rarely, if ever, useful. In fact, once you have a Traz, it is never useful. And the addition of the extraneous information at the bottom, thus making everything else (including the train/heal bars) smaller and harder to see, is useful only to the very beginners. As @sir lanceaboil pointed out, it irritatingly slows down what used to be a pretty automatic process. And believe me, the increase in irritation is much more significant than the alleged improvement.

DeletedUser26120

Because so many people do not 1up or RK their HoFs to their current Era they fall ever lower in priority as the city goes up in Era.
So true. I don't get it - future era (motivated) HoFs can produce 2590 guild power weekly for just one of them. I guess people don't want extra fps from their town halls? Ha.

qaccy

In fact it is an insignificant "improvement" that is rarely, if ever, useful. In fact, once you have a Traz, it is never useful. And the addition of the extraneous information at the bottom, thus making everything else (including the train/heal bars) smaller and harder to see, is useful only to the very beginners. As @sir lanceaboil pointed out, it irritatingly slows down what used to be a pretty automatic process. And believe me, the increase in irritation is much more significant than the alleged improvement.

I don't believe you though, because I'm sitting on the other side of the table saying it's not any more difficult for me to use. Which of us is correct?

In fact, if the information in a barracks is irrelevant with Alcatraz, as you say, why does it matter at all what the window looks like? And if you're only interested in retraining troops that are in open slots then use the number hotkeys. You can't accidentally heal a unit that way. Does that solve the irritation for you?