• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.122 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4770

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave it here or visit us on Facebook!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Announcement located HERE

DeletedUser27889

• We have made additional improvements to the way new quests are displayed and animated in the quest overview.
I am very confused because on beta there are a bunch of bugs going on with the quest windows. These are not improvements or intended changes as far as we have been told there so are the bugs just getting ported over here and called 'improvements'?

Bugs are:
The abort button and animation are now much much slower.

The window now will fail to scroll to the bottom of the screen after completing a quest and will instead stop of the middle quest giver or the top half of the bottom one.

As of yesterday all the quest giver portraits fail to appear.

glennthenerd

Are fixing the repeated background sound that appears when you first enter a battlefield, then keeps playing even after you leave? Can't tell if it supposed to be hoofbeats in earlier ages and machinery noises in later ages.

DeletedUser31225

You mean the sound "when the zombies are breaking in": "Ksh-dk, ksh-dk, ksh-dk, ksh-dk, ksh-dk, ksh-dk, ksh-dk, ... forever"? Or the new remix version ;) ?
Most of us made peace with it :)

Merciana

Anyone else having trouble logging into a world? I can access 1 of the 2 I play in but keep getting the message "logging into the world is not currently available" whenever I try to access the Langendorn world.

*edit* I have been getting this message for nearly 30 minutes

Salsuero

Bugs are:

100% Agree. Also, they introduced a delay... intended or not... between when you click "Create Offer" in the trade market and the totally unnecessary (in my opinion) reminder popup about the trade you just created. I used to be able to just click twice in a row (almost like a double-click fast) and the popup would be caught by the second click. Now, I'm waiting for it to be displayed and it makes creating new trade offers WAY slower. This is not a "feature" anyone requested, to my knowledge.

DeletedUser8345

• We have made additional improvements to the way new quests are displayed and animated in the quest overview.
I am very confused because on beta there are a bunch of bugs going on with the quest windows. These are not improvements or intended changes as far as we have been told there so are the bugs just getting ported over here and called 'improvements'?

Bugs are:

The window now will fail to scroll to the bottom of the screen after completing a quest and will instead stop of the middle quest giver or the top half of the bottom one.

Let's hope they intend to repair these issues. If not, I will take it as purposeful hindering of players that use recurring quests frequently.

qaccy

For some reason, I can't really see enemy attack ranges in battle anymore. I'm unsure whether this is something on my end or not, so would anyone else reading this be able to check whether they're noticing more difficulty in seeing where enemy units are able to attack? It seems to have something to do with a change to how the game displays shading for enemy movement/attack, especially when it overlaps with the movement/attack of my own units.

DeletedUser27889

These bugs NEVER should have made it to live. The players on beta did their jobs and reported them all this is making my RQs take almost twice as long. There is zero improvement in the quest window just several newly introduced mistakes.

Also, since yesterday my game has been freezing and crashing. It's not just switching tabs but in the act of gameplay, like during my collection I had to reload 2 separate times. That has never happened to me before and it's been several times. Is anyone encountering something similar?

DeletedUser27889

For some reason, I can't really see enemy attack ranges in battle anymore. I'm unsure whether this is something on my end or not, so would anyone else reading this be able to check whether they're noticing more difficulty in seeing where enemy units are able to attack? It seems to have something to do with a change to how the game displays shading for enemy movement/attack, especially when it overlaps with the movement/attack of my own units.
I loaded up GE and hovering over the enemies units I saw the regular red indicators over the hexes. This is on Chrome.

lemur

Anyone else having trouble logging into a world?

Yes! .I had problems getting into all three worlds that I tried (Arvahall, Odhrorvar, and ParkDog). .I get the same error message every time (shown below), and then I try multiple times before finally getting in. .Notice that it's the sound system — which has been inoperable on my computer for more than a month now.

Failure.jpg

DeletedUser31882

I can second this. Enemy HMA crossbowmen in GE are not showing their attack range. I'll double check with the trebs/artillery next time I run into them. Using Chrome.

I believe the highlighting of my units also disappeared, not sure if that is related to the issue.

Also, since yesterday my game has been freezing and crashing. It's not just switching tabs but in the act of gameplay, like during my collection I had to reload 2 separate times. That has never happened to me before and it's been several times. Is anyone encountering something similar?

I've had freezing happen occasionally to my game tab for the past month or so. Figured it was my fault for multi-tabbing between game and forums. Haven't had it happen since yesterday... but I also avoid the problem occurring by logging out of my city before I go to another tab. *shrugs*

I'll try paying more attention to provide better feedback/data.

amg777

I am having the same issue on N world in TE. Only showing part of the enemy attack range. Haven't checked other worlds yet to see if there is the same issue.

lemur

Yes, the game has seemed unstable ever since the update that wrecked the sound system. .(I think that was about a month ago.) .In the middle of almost any ordinary activity, the game simply crashes and sends me back to the startup screen (that asks which world I would like to enter).

I have noticed that certain activities are more likely to cause a crash than others. .Opening any tavern (my own or others) is the top culprit. .The Guild Expedition and the ordinary battlefield map are also frequent causes.

Thinking that the problem might be a memory leakage issue (especially since the code for the taverns seems to be horribly inefficient), I tripled the amount of RAM on my computer. .That had no effect.

DeletedUser18799

Bugs are:

This is terrible. I do many recurring quests each day and this makes it intolerably slow

Status
Not open for further replies.