• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.122 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser27910

For some reason, I can't really see enemy attack ranges in battle anymore. I'm unsure whether this is something on my end or not, so would anyone else reading this be able to check whether they're noticing more difficulty in seeing where enemy units are able to attack? It seems to have something to do with a change to how the game displays shading for enemy movement/attack, especially when it overlaps with the movement/attack of my own units.

From what I can tell, in the PC version of the game they changed the way the shading works for ranged units. The distance the unit can actually move seems to be the same shade as it previously was but the shading for where the unit can attack is now VERY light and almost indistinguishable from the rest of the battlefield.

First of all this change is just plain TERRIBLE! It's now almost impossible to tell where ranged units can attack. Is this supposed to be some kind of improvement? Or maybe it's some kind change to give the visually impaired an additional handicap.

Second, how do change like this get into the game? Was there a proposal/vote? I know if I *wanted* a change like this I would have to go through the ridiculous "write a proposal" system. If the change didn't go through the proposal/vote system then would someone mind explaining to me how it got into the game because there are changes I would like to see and it would be nice if there was an easier way to get them into the game.

qaccy

I loaded up GE and hovering over the enemies units I saw the regular red indicators over the hexes. This is on Chrome.

To clarify, the attack ranges do display, but the issue arises when the attack range meets the area where my own unit is able to move/attack as well. Previously, the enemy's attack range would be a darker shade overlaid on the green of my own units, but that has seemingly disappeared now. I can only see the attack range up to the border of where my units are able to move.

DeletedUser18799

There was nothing wrong with the quest overview. Now there is a pause before the abort button becomes active and the window no longer scrolls to the bottom.
On beta this was a "bug" that they were going to "look into." Now it has been imported to the live servers. I do maybe 90 or so recurring quests each day and this is made it horribly slow

DeletedUser27910

I was mistaken in my above description of the highlighting issue. After doing some more battles it seems that the highlighting is still there but is just nearly impossible to distinguish in some cases. The also seems to be significant new lag while battling. In particular there is an annoying delay after you attack an enemy unit and unit actually dies. Regular game play like opening windows, visiting, etc. also seems to be a bit laggy but that might just be my system.

DeletedUser27046

About the same issues here, quest overview abort button slow to turn red when it wasn't before, have been having the issue with, say an armored car or tank starting up and then not going away without refreshing the tab, figured it was me, this morning after the change log opening a tavern the rumblings of the patrons hangs around for ten or so seconds after closing then finally goes away. Checked the GE and things seem to be ok, but did move a rogue into a corner and thought the game had froze, but looked at the rogue and it was doing like the offer button with the flashing bar that comes through it every couple seconds, so clicked on the rogue and the game resumed. So there is my two cents worth.

Snarko

100% Agree. Also, they introduced a delay... intended or not... between when you click "Create Offer" in the trade market and the totally unnecessary (in my opinion) reminder popup about the trade you just created. I used to be able to just click twice in a row (almost like a double-click fast) and the popup would be caught by the second click. Now, I'm waiting for it to be displayed and it makes creating new trade offers WAY slower. This is not a "feature" anyone requested, to my knowledge.
If you read the changelog there was apparently a bug where you could get an internal error if you created trades too rapidly. So in order to fix a potential bug when making offers rapidly they... made it impossible to make offers rapidly. Way to go :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

The also seems to be significant new lag while battling. In particular there is an annoying delay after you attack an enemy unit and unit actually dies.
I went to the ballet once and saw Romeo and Juliet, and I swear this one guy took 10 minutes to die! :)

DeletedUser31882

To clarify, the attack ranges do display, but the issue arises when the attack range meets the area where my own unit is able to move/attack as well. Previously, the enemy's attack range would be a darker shade overlaid on the green of my own units, but that has seemingly disappeared now. I can only see the attack range up to the border of where my units are able to move.

I second this. My Trebs become blind to GE HMA crossbowmen's attack ranges, but my rogues can see them just fine.

I wonder if they were moving around code and the draw layers got all wonky.

DeletedUser31308

As has been said by many others, I am incredibly frustrated with recurring quests having so much delay where the abort/accept buttons are grayed out. Please revert this ASAP as it truly does make it painful to do quests now.

DeletedUser

I actually find that the split-second delay gives it a nice rhythm. :)

Salsuero

If you read the changelog there was apparently a bug where you could get an internal error if you created trades too rapidly. So in order to fix a potential bug when making offers rapidly they... made it impossible to make offers rapidly. Way to go :rolleyes:

Never had it crash on me once, ever... so clearly there was some wiggle room in the fine-tuning of the delay... and they decided to take it way up to the point where it's noticeable. I'm not saying it wasn't a "fix" -- just that they fixed one seemingly rare problem with a new one that now affects everyone. They do that a lot.

Ta 152H

For some reason, I can't really see enemy attack ranges in battle anymore. I'm unsure whether this is something on my end or not, so would anyone else reading this be able to check whether they're noticing more difficulty in seeing where enemy units are able to attack? It seems to have something to do with a change to how the game displays shading for enemy movement/attack, especially when it overlaps with the movement/attack of my own units.

I noticed exactly the same; that's why I'm on this thread.

They desperately need better programmers. Germans are great at mechanical stuff, but their programmers don't seem to hold to that same high standard.

DeletedUser22116

I play on PC . overall my game performance is slower then it was before update (yesterday). opening chat or any quest is very sluggish. fighting is horribly slow. the more battles i fight the slower the game runs . i have to clear cache/refresh every 15-20 minutes . whatever was changed has made my game play frustrating at best . i do run an older PC but there is a marked difference between how it ran yesterday and how its running today.

DeletedUser28365

I have to agree with what everyone else has posted. This lag performance when playing PC is just unacceptable. In GvG I can barely move, and I was trying to access a trade thread that my guild uses and before I noticed, the thread I wanted and gone down by 1 so instead of posting on the 100fp thread, I posted on the 10fp thread. Not that big a deal, accept I already had the GB for the 10fp thread locked and loaded another 100 to it. A waste of 100fp. Ugh.

DeletedUser

Only an InnoGames sycophant would make such an inane remark.
In case you get tired of using the word "sycophant", here are some synonyms:
"yes-man, bootlicker, brown-noser, toady, lickspittle, flatterer, flunky, lackey, spaniel, doormat, stooge, cringer, suck, suck-up."
I must admit that 2 of those I had never heard in this context, spaniel and cringer. Spaniel I can kind of understand, but I'm lost as to how cringer got in there. :confused:

Ta 152H

Hey Panacea ... .Now that you and your cohorts have given us all the middle finger by sabotaging the repeatable quests, sabotaging the battlefield subroutine, and making the game even more unstable, the obvious question arises:

Why is there a Beta server?

Because they don't know how to spell "Alpha".
Beta is what we get on the "real" servers.
I don't know where "Golden" or suitable for release code is. I would say it might be out there like a Thylacine, only believed to be extinct but possibly still lurking in some obscure location, but that would imply code stable enough to be referred so has ever been seen in the first place.

I just don't understand how they can have obvious errors for such a long duration. Now they added new ones that should have been quickly seen, and never made it out. It's not only shameful, it's difficult to understand.

Let's just hope their good programmers are working on the HTML5 version, and they have hired some high-functioning street degenerates to keep plodding forward with the soon to be deprecated version. It's about the only viewpoint that gives me hope. Even then, not much.

Your Overlord

Let's just hope their good programmers are working on the HTML5 version, and they have hired some high-functioning street degenerates to keep plodding forward with the soon to be deprecated version. It's about the only viewpoint that gives me hope. Even then, not much.

The retooled quests have always suffered from some sort of issue (games crashing for clicking buttons too quickly or too many times, random rearranging quest windows, random scrolling/not scrolling, clunky window exits/enters, new quests not showing up w/out closing main quest window etc...) . Many attempts have been made by Inno to fix these issues, but it seems as though underlying root cause with either the design or the structural implementation mechanics have never been addressed. Let's hope this is addressed in the HTML5 version.

For this current fix bug feature of now having to wait for the window animation to complete and the abort button to light up, it has added a considerable amount of frustration to my daily gameplay. Not only does it add at least 10 more minutes to an already time consuming daily collection (~100 quests/day with 6 aborts per quest * 1 added sec per abort), but the UI now feels unresponsive and clunky each time I click "too early" trying to abort the quest. This is frustrating to the point of non-use.

My concern is that complaining about this new change Inno will apply yet another workaround to address this abort button timing and potentially break another part of the quest system rather than fix the underlying window animation system that seems to be the cause of most problems since introduction.

I'm staying optimistic looking forward to the HTML5 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.