• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.122 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31440

That's incorrect. .Even with multiple "abort" buttons, the old quest system was quicker — because the idiotic animation of the new system is so slow. .Now it's even slower, thanks to an abort button freeze, which seems to be a feature designed for the slow thinkers among us.

Was it faster even without the hotkey for productions that we have now, but didn't when you still had to confirm abort? I didn't do much with RQ's before the change.

DeletedUser27889

Just had a light bulb moment. all this delay and lag stuff started happening right after Napoleon started roaming the streets of TitanMeee,,,Hmmmmmm !!!!:D
I believe that is unrelated as in beta at least Napoleon was doing his roam several weeks before this hit there.
I am truly sorry that the delay is ruining your enjoyment of the game. I understand your situation and empathize with you. I have a touch of that myself, but fortunately I also have developed the ability to turn it off at will. I probably need the ability to turn off my snark at will, also, but alas I haven't matured that much yet. And if the complaints were calm and reasoned, I might be able to resist poking. But there are players that come on here bursting with outrage at the least little deviation, as if Inno were personally attacking them. They are fairly begging to be trolled. So I oblige. :)
I am certainly frustrated about the delay for two reasons;

1) I've set my city up the way I want it, put a lot of time leveling my chateau, skipped other quests to get to the RQs faster etc. And while I did this by choice I did this with knowledge of the parameters of the game. I knew how long I was able to play, how many goods I needed and how many levels of Chat it would take me to get the goods I needed in the time I allotted. Sometimes I have more time, obviously, sometimes less. It would be akin to working on several levels of one of the plunder buildings but suddenly just when you hit promise land there was a 2 minute bug between winning the battle and being able to click plunder on a building. (2 minutes is obviously not the delay but 1 second X 100 -200 or however many quests someone can do in a day to equate the amount of time just wasted waiting for the game to respond to your input) Farming isn't really a fringe strategy to the game, neither is finding optimal ways to farm. I know you tend to equate all loop questing and questers with the strict HQS guide however for most people utilizing the quests, it's done in a way that goes hand in hand with the individual city they want and not a rigid adherence of that guide. Most of the players I know in game who dedicate 30 or so minutes of their day to loop questing are not forum members and have not read that guide but discovered on their own a way to maximize their collections, FP spending, and things they were doing anyway into something even more productive. They are now almost doubling their time investment for the same outcome. If you spent a few months working your plunder GBs and a bug was introduced that made it twice as long to run through your hood, I don't think you'd be particularly fond of it.

2) However, the main reason I find this frustrating is that these were KNOWN problems before the release. If you look at my first post it was long before the update hit, I am not psychic, I knew this was going to happen just like they knew it was going to happen. On beta we were told long before the issues came here the devs were working on it, this was not an intentional slow down. So they knowingly released a bugged patch to the game. I play over there to help test and be one of the many people reporting any issues to ensure smooth play of the live game. The beta players did their job but as is often the case in beta, were ignored. It's one thing to ignore our reviews about the new GB powers it's another to ignore our bug reports and send the bugs out to all their customers games.

In an unrelated to the quest window note; is anyone else experiencing almost the same amount of a delay adding FP to GBs? Beta's servers are overseas and we have been told that delays are due to the distance between us and the server, so on beta it's always painfully slow. However, I now seem to be experiencing that level of a slow down with FP adding to GBs here as well. I've been having some freezing problems with the game as of late so I'm unsure if it's my browser hanging up or another slow delay introduced with the update.

Freshmeboy

One of the hallmarks of great games in user interface, and MMO's know this. They want feedback on forums such as this to provide the best possible interface for it's players...They don't want the menu interface to take the challenge from the game, just that it be clear, quick and usable in your daily play. This menu was already changed for the better last year, so again, why did INNO create a lag system in the interface...? What was their purpose...? If it was to slow the growth rate of HQers, then it was a nerf plain and simple....My real complaint about all this is that of all the rewards that require 'work' to achieve them, questing was by far the most time consuming, and in my opinion, monotonous, and INNO just made it doubly so.....Bad move INNO

DeletedUser

They are now almost doubling their time investment for the same outcome
Is it slower? Yes. Is it double the time? Nowhere near. I do some quest looping of my own, and it is maybe 5-10% slower at most. (And I play on multiple worlds, too.)

DeletedUser31440

I've never looped quests in this game .... NEVER ....should I be ? sounds boring .....

If it's boring for you then no, if you want to switch over to a no goods buildings set up and have a CF then yes, if you want to get more rewards for what you regularly do during collections then yes, if you like repetitive clicking then yes.

Algona

I've never looped quests in this game .... NEVER ....should I be ? sounds boring .....

It's the camper's best friend. It's a fine tool to add to your FoE toolbiox. like the art of sniping or fighting or negotiating GE or plundeirng any other tool.

Learn it and if it sucks, then don't use it. I know that I like earning bonus treasure for doing things I already do in game.

DeletedUser

I only quest loop to the extent that it fits with what I'm doing anyway. Such as "Collect x coins", "Collect x supplies", UBQ. On rare occasions I will do the "Spend x FP" quest. On even rarer occasions, I will loop the 24 hour productions recurring quest, but even in the one city where I do that now, some days I just say screw it and collect them all without looping because it is so BORING!!!!

Toppcatt

Everything you say I and others in my guild are also experiencing, I sent in a ticket listing them all and saying please do not tell me it is my cache that needs clearing as quite clearly all this started the moment the update had been applied. What do I get back...message saying clear my cache!!!...I could have won money on that being the reply. When challenged about why that was sent they replied that is all they can advise until a fix is sorted....so they know there is a problem, they just can't fix it :(

They do the same thing to me, and it's gotten to the point of where I call them the Bot support, because they have their list of answers to give to all problems, and they never change from those answers.

In fact, I highly doubt they even have any contact with the Techs or Devs, nor do they even bother to try and contact anybody for 90% of the tickets they get. Inno's owners/management does NOT care one little bit about ANY of these problems. They only thing they care about, is coming up with their next scam, to try and con money out of the Players, all while they are laughing on their way to the bank.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

In fact, I highly doubt they even have any contact with the Techs or Devs, nor do they even bother to try and contact anybody for 90% of the tickets they get. Inno's owners/management does NOT care one little bit about ANY of these problems. They only thing they care about, is coming up with their next scam, to try and con money out of the Players, all while they are laughing on their way to the bank.

But they're forcing you to continue playing right? Otherwise, why in the heck are you still supporting people that you hold in such high esteem?

DeletedUser26660

My open ticket somehow got closed so opened another, in it I mentioned the following...

The lag that appeared straight after the latest update is now worse than ever affecting most parts of the game.

When fighting in GE, GvG or PvP the game is very, very slow and freezes up meaning a total refresh is needed. The marketplace is very slow as well, slowest it has ever been. Aiding and visiting friends taverns is also slow as is using the Recurring tasks/quests...is a fix being worked on?

DeletedUser31498

I only quest loop to the extent that it fits with what I'm doing anyway. Such as "Collect x coins", "Collect x supplies", UBQ. On rare occasions I will do the "Spend x FP" quest. On even rarer occasions, I will loop the 24 hour productions recurring quest, but even in the one city where I do that now, some days I just say screw it and collect them all without looping because it is so BORING!!!!

Wow Stephen we get it. You do what you enjoy. PLEASEEEEEEEE stop posting about how you very rarely RQ and you hate it. Do you get paid per post that adds nothing to the conversation? Geez louise. Seriously, it's enough already.

The thread is for FEEDBACK ON THE CHANGES. Your only responses are that other people shouldn't care about lag since you don't like to RQ.

DeletedUser

Wow Stephen we get it. You do what you enjoy. PLEASEEEEEEEE stop posting about how you very rarely RQ and you hate it. Do you get paid per post that adds nothing to the conversation? Geez louise. Seriously, it's enough already.

The thread is for FEEDBACK ON THE CHANGES. Your only responses are that other people shouldn't care about lag since you don't like to RQ.
You mean like the endless posts from RQers every time there's a change that negatively affects them, no matter how small? If I have to keep wading through those, you can keep wading through mine. At least there's only one of me.:p

DeletedUser31498

You mean like the endless posts from RQers every time there's a change that negatively affects them, no matter how small? If I have to keep wading through those, you can keep wading through mine. At least there's only one of me.:p
One of you (thank goodness), but you reply to every single post, so that adds up.

Yes, there was a change that impacted their gameplay severely, so they commented, as they should. You then argue that their playstyle is stupid/boring. Hardly helping.

DeletedUser

Just because you don't do it, it doesn't mean that is useless.

The Fact is "Issue that was reported in beta, again got pushed to live servers"
Where did I say it was useless? And I do quest loop to a limited extent, just not to the point where a split second delay ruins it for me. :)

manlymanman

In addition to the other, oft-mentioned delays, I'm also seeing a delay in polling the Tavern status when working thru my Friend bar. All the tiny icons load as "Tavern full" and then those that aren't actually full update accordingly. This is new behavior, and not especially wonderful.

BruteForceAttack

Where did I say it was useless? And I do quest loop to a limited extent, just not to the point where a split second delay ruins it for me. :)

You should try and make a point and then let it go... There is no need to keep repeating that doing RQs is boring and so on. Stick to the Facts that there was an issue identified in Beta but it went to live servers... now the question is should the community spend time on Beta? Just because something doesnt impact you a lot doesnt meant that there is or isnt issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.