• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.124 Feedback

DeletedUser32348

I won't miss the Treasure Hunt, but it appears a lot of people will.
When i started 6 or 8 months back, I was looking to boost my daily fps production in town,
I had to look in every possible way to make more fps/day as a new player to be one step ahead in the game.
So I relied heavily on Hourly fps, Town Hall Fps, GE Relics, DCs and finally Treasure Hunt.
In the beginning, when u get 10fps or 50 goods for free. .its a life saver. .

Even this day, i try to earn more fps/day or more goods from RQ.
So in a way Treasure Hunt has helped me a lot in getting me here
with that extra 10 fps or 50 goods along with the DC.

when u've enough stock fps or u make more than 200+ fps/day, this 10 fps or 50 goods won't matter.
But in the start it has helped me a lot
and I'll miss Treasure Hunt
tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26293

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave your comments here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

You can locate the Announcement HERE.
THANK you!! .... thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you... i guess you get it that I am in Full Agreement and LOVE every change you've made; well,,, almost every. .... Awesomeness, on all but the Captain. Dang, I feel like that other dude that asked can't he lose the daily and keep captain. I rarely ever am able to complete the demands of the daily, on one of my worlds. I can always skip in for a sec and click on captain. .... Idk... it's just another topic tho, that's all. But thank you! Thank you all, so much, for doing all those things I kept telling myself, "Would be nice if we could do this or that." Or, "It would be nice if that would NOT do that." ... LOL ... Take care, you all. You're doing good. :)

DeletedUser26293

When i started 6 or 8 months back, I was looking to boost my daily fps production in town,
I had to look in every possible way to make more fps/day as a new player to be one step ahead in the game.
So I relied heavily on Hourly fps, Town Hall Fps, GE Relics, DCs and finally Treasure Hunt.
In the beginning, when u get 10fps or 50 goods for free. .its a life saver. .

Even this day, i try to earn more fps/day or more goods from RQ.
So in a way Treasure Hunt has helped me a lot in getting me here
with that extra 10 fps or 50 goods along with the DC.

when u've enough stock fps or u make more than 200+ fps/day, this 10 fps or 50 goods won't matter.
But in the start it has helped me a lot
and I'll miss Treasure Hunt
tenor.gif
I second wholeheartedly, everything you just posted. yep yep... gonna miss that dude. kept looking all over for him. even dumped my history and came back but nope he wasn't there lol ... and now i find out he drowned and they buried him and I didn't even get a notice let alone an invite to the funeral. LOL!!! Take care. I guess we'll find another way or just take longer on our newer worlds, eh? ...

DeletedUser32348

I second wholeheartedly, everything you just posted. yep yep... gonna miss that dude. kept looking all over for him. even dumped my history and came back but nope he wasn't there lol ... and now i find out he drowned and they buried him and I didn't even get a notice let alone an invite to the funeral. LOL!!! Take care. I guess we'll find another way or just take longer on our newer worlds, eh? ...
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

some fresh flowers from the TH Captain to u @delotta
giphy.gif

RIP Captain. .

Salsuero

its off topic, but since you asked why @Claire the Divergent is ahead of you, I will give you the answer. She has almost 10 times rank points of yours and she plays in 24 worlds and you only play one. Multiple of her city are ages ahead of you and one of her diamond farms has almost the same GB total level as your one and the only one main city. So, just take the fact that she has more experience on any game-related topic, then move on :)

Who? When did I ask about her? Ranking points and multiple worlds do not equate more experience in my opinion. Move on from what, exactly?

DeletedUser32947

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave your comments here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

You can locate the Announcement HERE.
Looking forward to the city buildings relocation, this will be a very useful tool, any chance you are looking at ability to rotate the buildings as well? Will miss the treasure hunt though.

centaurgod

I do not like your new option ,,,,,,
""Additionally, the production windows will now always take all your active boosts into consideration before starting a production.""
This is very misleading.!!!
There is no guarantee that when you go to collect, that these same bonus add-ons will still be active.

I see/hear that several players have opened support tickets basically claiming that their highly overstated selection amounts never match the actual amount of supplies collected. Of the several dozen I've chatted with most all are getting the same canned response from support.... they should "clear their cache and reboot their computers". Is that the canned message of the month that support is pushing???

DeletedUser34992

The removal of the treasure hunt is extremely frustrating. It actually wasn't that easy to complete each day due to the 5-15-1-4-4 format...I basically need to spend an entire day at the computer to be able to complete it. It feels it was a reward for being an active player of the game, and provided a way to gain ground on players who are much higher- if they aren't as active, it creates another way for you to catch up... which makes sense.

This patch removed it, citing the daily quest and incidents, but the incidents were not buffed to compensate for the loss of the treasure hunt. The incidents are complete dog !@#$ 9 out of 10 times, whereas the treasure hunt was only bad if you got medals. I recruited a few friends into playing this game, but I'm so frustrated by this change I won't be bringing anymore, and I'm definitely going to be playing less. I'd honestly be happier if incidents didn't exist. Checking multiple times throughout the day to see nothing or to find one, click it, and receive 160 supplies just makes me mad; it feels worse than if I never looked and never got anything.

I can't see a reason for you to remove this from the game other than your coders were too lazy to put it in the mobile version. I actually registered for the forums just to express how !@#$ing pissed I am.

DeletedUser31592

This patch removed it, citing the daily quest and incidents, but the incidents were not buffed to compensate for the loss of the treasure hunt.

Incidents were developed to replace the Treasure Hunt, not to be in addition to it. We've known for close to a year that they were shutting it down. Most of us expected it back in the fall when Incidents and Daily Challenges went live to everyone.

DeletedUser29696

I like the updates, but since the change my screen goes all white from time to time and I have to close FoE and restart it to get my screen back. In more than a year playing FoE I've never had this problem before.

DeletedUser34992

Incidents were developed to replace the Treasure Hunt, not to be in addition to it. We've known for close to a year that they were shutting it down. Most of us expected it back in the fall when Incidents and Daily Challenges went live to everyone.

I understand that, but logically, they wouldn't have the incidents being too good if treasure hunt was still around, no? So, if they remove treasure hunt, they can easily increase incident reward tables to compensate, and they have their full out replacement. If roughly half of my incidents were the small coins/supplies, and the rest were higher amounts of goods, fp's, and even units, it could actually work as a replacement for Treasure Hunt...but they're not. Most are the same as a 5 minute treasure hunt reward, and you're lucky if you get 2 incidents after an entire day of searching that aren't the small coins/supplies

Salsuero

you're lucky if you get 2 incidents after an entire day of searching that aren't the small coins/supplies

To be fair, and maybe I'm the "lucky" one you speak of, but I get lots of incidents that are other than coins/supplies. Most of the incidents suck though and I'm very unhappy about the removal of the Treasure Hunt as it provided a chance for much better rewards other than the occasional incident worth 5 diamonds.

DeletedUser

Personally, and maybe I'm another "lucky" one, I get fairly decent rewards from Incidents. FPs, BPs, medals, goods, and a steady income of coins and supplies. I had stopped doing Treasure Hunt regularly many moons ago, because most of the 8 hour "prizes" were a pure letdown. Frequently it would be a single military unit. Which is basically worthless with GE and the proliferation of the Alcatraz. And the 4 hour prizes, which used to be pretty good, became mostly coins and supplies. Exactly what everyone is complaining about Incidents for. And with Incidents, I get the added bonus of not having to stay on a game-dictated schedule, I just pick them up when I feel like it. No missing the deadline by 2 minutes after the 1 hour cycle and having to either start again or wait until the next day. And it didn't help to be able to check in on mobile, because you couldn't access it there. So, another missed deadline. Another day wasted. And then...finally...got through the whole cycle! Woke up to collect my 8 hour "reward"...one. single. solitary. unattached. unit. To add to the 50 or so others I had accumulated through GE. Thanks ever so much. Not.

Now when I first started 3 years ago it was a different story. The last prize was almost always goods or FPs and many times so were the 4 hour prizes, and the FPs were in packs that went in your inventory. Back then it was worth it to stick out the schedule and finish the entire cycle. But when they nerfed the prizes and the 4 hour prizes became mostly coins/supplies and the 8 hour prize became a high chance of a single military unit, well it definitely was not worth the trouble any more. Good riddance.

Zatrikon

I like the new zoom out level! I don't mind the loss of the treasure hunt. I keep looking for it because I'm used to it being there, but I'll get used to it not being there. One less thing to think about in the game - and it wasn't all that interesting or fun or useful to begin with.

DeletedUser31592

Personally, and maybe I'm another "lucky" one, I get fairly decent rewards from Incidents. FPs, BPs, medals, goods, and a steady income of coins and supplies. I had stopped doing Treasure Hunt regularly many moons ago, because most of the 8 hour "prizes" were a pure letdown. Frequently it would be a single military unit. Which is basically worthless with GE and the proliferation of the Alcatraz. And the 4 hour prizes, which used to be pretty good, became mostly coins and supplies. Exactly what everyone is complaining about Incidents for. And with Incidents, I get the added bonus of not having to stay on a game-dictated schedule, I just pick them up when I feel like it. No missing the deadline by 2 minutes after the 1 hour cycle and having to either start again or wait until the next day. And it didn't help to be able to check in on mobile, because you couldn't access it there. So, another missed deadline. Another day wasted. And then...finally...got through the whole cycle! Woke up to collect my 8 hour "reward"...one. single. solitary. unattached. unit. To add to the 50 or so others I had accumulated through GE. Thanks ever so much. Not.

Worse than the single unit for 8 hours was the medal reward. It was only 7 or 8 for EMA. Yay.

Incidents lack in FPs, but they are better in all other ways. I get more medals on one click than I did spending all day babysitting the TH. And incidents give DIAMONDS. The cap'n never gave out any of those! I'll miss it, sure, but it isn't the end of the world.

DeletedUser15345

I have two requests for the team to look at.
1) The list of Great Buildings I have contributed to, has many listings from players that are no longer active. This tends to clutter up a very useful tool. If we had the ability to delete listings from inactive players, it would clean up the "clutter" and enhance its effectiveness.
2) Why do Forge points have to be stored as 2, 5 or 10 FP packages once they go into the inventory? If I wish to use 6 fps from my inventory, I have to withdraw 10. I now have to use 4 fps I did not wish to. Why not a single cumulative "depository for FPs?

DeletedUser

1) The list of Great Buildings I have contributed to, has many listings from players that are no longer active. This tends to clutter up a very useful tool. If we had the ability to delete listings from inactive players, it would clean up the "clutter" and enhance its effectiveness.
The GBs of inactive players should slide to the back of your list, as it is sorted by most recent activity. So any GB that has no active donating going on should never move any closer to the front of the list. After a while you should know where the inactive ones start and ignore them. (Or donate enough to level them and get them off the list.:))
2) Why do Forge points have to be stored as 2, 5 or 10 FP packages once they go into the inventory? If I wish to use 6 fps from my inventory, I have to withdraw 10. I now have to use 4 fps I did not wish to. Why not a single cumulative "depository for FPs?
You could write up a proposal for this and see what happens, but if you do, please read the proposal guidelines and use the proper format. :)

Salsuero

Why do Forge points have to be stored as 2, 5 or 10 FP packages once they go into the inventory?

The reason the packs come in 2, 5, and 10 is very simple... it's a reasonable mathematical way to give them to you as rewards in the various amounts needed. The 10 FP packs should be obvious, so I won't explain those. They need the 5 FP packs to handle odd number payouts. They could just as easily have a 1 FP pack instead (or 3, 7, or 9 for that matter), but 5 is arguably the best choice when things are based off of 10. And they need the 2 FP packs to make up the difference when the reward is not evenly divisible by 5.

If I wish to use 6 fps from my inventory, I have to withdraw 10.

No, you don't. You can use 3 x 2 FP packs. You can also use 1 x 2 FP + 1 x 5 FP packs, and only be left with a remainder of 1 FP in your bar. Or you can just wait an hour (or less depending on your current timer) and use the 1 FP they credit to your bar plus 1 x 5 FP pack. There are many ways to use the packs. I agree... it's damned inconvenient when you're low on the smaller packs, but it's not as bad as you describe it. The AI is actually mostly pretty good about pulling from inventory based on what you need and not just from the biggest packs (unless that's all you have left). For example, if you have 1 in your bar, and you click to use 10, it will pull 2 x 2 FP + 1 x 5 FP packs.