• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.126 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave it here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser26965

Link to announcement: Changelog 1.126
  • When returning to your city from a different part of the game, the zoom level is now set to the medium distance to keep the city in the focus of the game.
Why can't it just stay to where I set it? I like to keep it zoomed out, so I guess it's back to browser zoom.
  • The victory expansion of the upcoming age is now available in the game!
Guessing that will cost around 600,000 medals for that Expansion but oh yeah, new age is a comin'...

660,000 actually
660000.gif
  • In our effort to improve the performance of the HTML5 version of the game...
Still wreaking havoc on my system just playing regular without GvG, 10 minutes and I'm over 2Gb of memory and it crashes.
  • Hovering over enemy units on the field or in the action bar didn't always display their attack range. This has now been fixed.
Nice, ty.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

...to keep the city in the focus of the game...
I'm struggling to understand the reasoning here. We were given the option to zoom out further recently and now on the heels of that it's defaulted to the way it was before, this makes no sense. Why have a zoom out function if everytime I do something in game it just goes right back? Very aggravating.

Here's what it looks like as a default on my city at 100% Browser Zoom on full window, it just goes to the corner like it wants to focus on my TH except I've moved my TH so it seems the focus is AM. I guess maybe because probably most players keep their TH there? I usually do but I just can't grasp why if we are playing and we zoom out why it can't at least stay that way for the session. I can deal with having to zoom out when I open the game but not after every action in the game.

default.gif

Chris7143

I agree with the above comments - resetting the zoom to medium every time I return to my city is really annoying. The extra outer zoom was a great addition, now it's become pretty much obsolete unless you're prepared to click it back in every time you return to your city. Please get rid of this feature in the next update.

DeletedUser10019

This zoom level change is a HORRIBLE idea. I don't know who tricked you into this, but it's safe to say they are not your friends. If it's not broken, you don't fix it. Why mess with my settings? Who are you to tell me what's best for me? It is A PERSONAL PREFERENCE. You don't have a say in this. You give me options, I make my decision. You don't get to adjust my zoom level. Take this back asap please.

Salsuero

Wow! A tempest in a teapot. Just when you think complaints couldn't get sillier, here comes the Zoom! Do you all not have mouse wheels? You don't even have to "click" to return it to the zoom level you want. And there's only 3 levels, it's not like accidentally hitting the wrong channel on the TV and having to spend 30 seconds finding the one you really wanted. You go back to your city, you see the zoom isn't what you want, you nudge your mouse wheel and...Voila! It's back to where you want it.

It was a "fix" that didn't need to be made and now makes it an extra "useless" mouse wheel scroll. It's just stupid. I use the furthest zoom to see the entire extent of my town. When I keep coming back from other screens, it's very abrupt to be shown a zoomed in town. Is it the end of the world? No. But it was wholly unnecessary to force a zoom level on the player. You may not find it a nuisance, but those of us who did/do complained and it didn't fall to blind eyes this time as a fix to the "fix" is on the way. There's no reason to get upset and comment about a complaint that doesn't bother you unless you feel like it hurts the game. How does having the zoom setting we choose stay the way we choose hurt the game?

And did Inno not ask for feedback? Well, they got exactly what they asked for, right?

DeletedUser29726

Glad to have the attack ranges back on units - i was really getting sick of the process of 'hover over enemy unit to find its range, count out manually its attack range from the edge of its movement range'

DeletedUser30291

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave it here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
I really wish they would return the zoom feature to the old way, where we could set it at the size we want to play at and it would stay at that size. Having to change it back constantly is a real pain!!!