• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.126 Feedback

DeletedUser26965

Forge of Empires is virtually unplayable with older operating systems. .But you expect us to believe that InnoGames gives a damn about players with older computers?? . ROFL !!!!!!!
Yeah I don't think they update for Windows 95, you might want to try at least XP.

Salsuero

XP was their best system so far.

I used XP as long as I could, but it eventually came to a point where I just couldn't stay down there anymore. I upgraded to Windows 7... still prefer that to anything else post XP. But lemur and I are both running old... very old... OS X versions. I'm running 10.6.8, though this weekend I spent my free time setting up a virtual machine to run my 10.6.8 on a 10.12 host machine. That way, I can keep my old, familiar setup and old apps that no longer work with the newer versions of OS X, but I can still start using newer stuff natively on 10.12. I can still run this game on 10.6.8 using Chrome just fine though.

Agent327

I used XP as long as I could, but it eventually came to a point where I just couldn't stay down there anymore. I upgraded to Windows 7... still prefer that to anything else post XP. But lemur and I are both running old... very old... OS X versions. I'm running 10.6.8, though this weekend I spent my free time setting up a virtual machine to run my 10.6.8 on a 10.12 host machine. That way, I can keep my old, familiar setup and old apps that no longer work with the newer versions of OS X, but I can still start using newer stuff natively on 10.12. I can still run this game on 10.6.8 using Chrome just fine though.

You can run old apps on 10. Actually, with 10 still being improved they start to run better and are running smooth now. Still it is always smart to do what works for you. If you even want to change, skip 8!

Salsuero

You can run old apps on 10. Actually, with 10 still being improved they start to run better and are running smooth now. Still it is always smart to do what works for you. If you even want to change, skip 8!

10 is way too pushy. They force it on you and they want to be able to spy on you. I'm not interested in that. 8 was way too much of a change to the environment for me. And the stuff I run works perfectly well on 7. So I'm happy there. Maybe 11 will dazzle me. I doubt it. I only use Windows for apps that are necessary there because they don't have a Mac native version.

Toppcatt

10 is way too pushy. They force it on you and they want to be able to spy on you. I'm not interested in that. 8 was way too much of a change to the environment for me. And the stuff I run works perfectly well on 7. So I'm happy there. Maybe 11 will dazzle me. I doubt it. I only use Windows for apps that are necessary there because they don't have a Mac native version.

I hear you about 10. I accepted and took the upgrade to 10 when they offered it to me, and then the very next day, I took them up on their offer to go back to the 7 I had on my laptop and the 8.1 on my PC. The biggest issue I had (but certainly not the only) with 10, is for the updates, with NOT having the option to decide which ones to install, nor when to install them. It was all done automatically, whether you wanted it to do or not, and whenever Windows wanted it done, not when I choose to install them. DOH!!

I even went to their comments section about it, and the majority of the complaints at that time, were about this same issue. There was also no hint that Windows was going to change the way they did the updates for 10, which made my decision to go back to the earlier version all that much easier and quicker. LOL :)