• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.128 Feedback

DeletedUser31592

FWIW, I refer to them as the map and messages.
I know a lot of people, especially mobile players, refer to it as Guild Chat. They often don't realize there is actually a function actually named Guild Chat.
I'm done with this dead horse.
It doesn't make sense for you. Cry about it some more. Poll players. See what they say. Or write a proposal to change it.

Salsuero

Cry about it some more.

That's why I can't take you seriously. No one was crying about anything. I left feedback. You responded. A debate ensued, mostly because you objected to the reasonability of my opinion. Be done. That sounds good to me.

DeletedUser31882

Why is the shortcut key for the Continental Map... M... while the Message Center is... C... ??? Why would you not use M for Messages and C for Continents? Yours is a super weird choice when it makes so much more intuitive and logical sense the way I've suggested.

You could also have made the Event History... E... and the Guild Expedition... X... since we don't have a shortcut key to one of the most frequently-visited windows in the game.

Depends on the approach with the intuition.
Map is usually M for many games. So I see the precedence logic there. We usually say C-Map, not Continental-M. For me, M makes sense.

Message center? Good point. I assume since M was taken already, C (Also could stem from Communications?) for message center jives. I also wonder if hotkeys are determined by server or are the same between US/EU servers. Maybe something lost in translation?

Regardless, M for map makes way more sense than C for C-map in my book. For whatever that vote is worth.

I second the Event History(E) and Guild Expedition(X) suggestions. If GE is locked in with E(And X with cancel), I suppose Events could take H (History!)and the coders could call it a day? *shrugs*

To push the previous point for the main topic:

Yay Hotkeys! Please make a hotkey for Event History!

Event History takes too many clicks on PC, from a heuristics point of view. (1.5)Find & click town center, (1)Click news tab and finally (1) click event history. Hot key turns that from 3.5 steps to 1 step. 300% savings!

Salsuero

We usually say C-Map, not Continental-M.

Who is "we"? Because I have ALWAYS referred to it as the continental map. Maybe I just prefer accuracy or completeness. And regardless... you calling it the "C" map is pretty much making my point for me since it's "C" to begin with in your case... making GREAT sense to me that the hotkey be "C". It's also literally called the "Continental map" and the tooltip shows that as it's name. So, just because you don't call it that doesn't mean others don't. And as I said... it's not the only map. So, generically calling it the map is and can be misleading. I appreciate your opinion, but you are generalizing and I'm not as I'm simply asking for accuracy to what the things are actually called.

DeletedUser27046

literally called the "Continental map"
Literally ? Literally ?? I can find the "Continent" map with both eye's tied behind my back, but have yet to find the "Continental" map, So there is your other page. :)
Anyway, what I really came here for was to point out (at least for me) that in the event window of Qunrir, it isn't showing that I am in the first five towers, (not in the others as yet) but when I open either of the towers, well there I b, event window in Parkog shows the number position that I am in for each tower, the way it normally would. Does the same in both flash and Html5, speaking of which, Html5 seems to work kind a sort a ok, but will stick with flash for as long as possible, I get some of what other players have mentioned, shadows in weird places, to much cpu and memory usage etc, so will stay with flash until forced to do otherwise.

P.S. Still having the sound issuessssss,,just saying. Both flash and Html5,,, Danke and have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32348

"Esc" has taken place of "Enter" key in closing windows. *why??:mad:*
but in the mean time, it messes with my browser Full-screen option
i play FoE in full screen, but as soon as some reward pop-up window shows up and hit Esc to close it,
the full-screen game switches to windowed mode.

DeletedUser32348

Also noticed that whenever i press "Backspace" in Comodo IceDragon 59.0.3.11 (64-bit), it takes me back to the Login Page instead of going back to my town. Also I would like see a shortcut key for "Event History"; takes too much clicks to open it.

DeletedUser32348

Shortcut Key Especially "C" doesn't work when u switch tabs and come back again to press C to open messages
Donno whether this is a Changelog 1.128 Issue or HTML5 issue,

Also can't skip words and delete written words using "Ctrl + Del", "Ctrl + Backspace", "Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow" when HTML5 mode is active

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15676

Why is the shortcut key for the Continental Map... M... while the Message Center is... C... ??? Why would you not use M for Messages and C for Continents? Yours is a super weird choice when it makes so much more intuitive and logical sense the way I've suggested.

You could also have made the Event History... E... and the Guild Expedition... X... since we don't have a shortcut key to one of the most frequently-visited windows in the game.

whats REALLY annoying is typing in the chat window and suddenly finding yourself on the CMap or in GE because the game decided you had typed the C or X while typing something in chat.. how in the hell did that happen? all the time this happens to me. i understand when it happens if i start typing without making sure i am actually in the chat window but when i am already typing there and in the middle of the sentence it does this to me .. i dont get it.. maybe there should something else added to the hot key like to avoid this.. like CTRL, ALT or 2 letters or something.. IDK?