• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.130 Feedback

DeletedUser26965

"As Forge of Empires is a game with the core idea of going through the ages":eek: oh my, what will all the campers say to that:D

qaccy

I was waiting to see what outcry there would be over the Hover Tank changes...took longer than expected. And there's a reason I said 'changes', because despite how it was worded (and why it happened) by the devs, it's not really much of a nerf at all. In a practical sense, if you're someone who uses HTs in areas where it 'makes sense' to use them, you aren't really going to notice that anything changed at all.

From FE: Worse against exos and drones, better against rails (though likely still down in 2 hits), unchanged against satellites and other hovers
From AF: Much worse against plasmas, slightly worse against raiders, slightly better against surrogates and dragons, unchanged against fortresses and behemoths
From OF: Much worse against medusa and scimitar, slightly worse against mantas, eels and gliders, much better against subs, unchanged against octos, crabs, nautilus and turtles

These are all my opinion of course, but I'd like to think that I'm rather experienced with battling particularly in GE and so have a decent grasp of how the units play together particularly in OF. Many of the unfavorable matchups I listed above can be mitigated by the use of rogues (against artillery) or by the AI itself (fast units tend to be stupid and easily picked off if they're paired with slower units). On paper, the change is supposed to mean that HTs are now weaker against units with Blast and units with a boost against heavy units, which is how it should be, but in practice the HT also got stronger against other units which were actually better off dealing with Reactive Armor. In many cases, use of HTs will be unchanged as the general method of play with them is to wait for the enemy to come to you as you slowly pick them off one or two at a time per turn. They didn't really get any worse at that.

DeletedUser25795

Soon we will have VF units then Hover tanks will be a thing of the past. So not much longer before we see them disappear from the AA map. The jump in stats is insane compared to previous ages

Agent327

Soon we will have VF units then Hover tanks will be a thing of the past. So not much longer before we see them disappear from the AA map. The jump in stats is insane compared to previous ages

I bet you have not seen the VF units yet. They are the perfect clue the devs are clueless. There is a unit that hides, so you have to hit it from the square next too it. Funny enough it doesn't strike back. And then there is the biggest joke of all. A unit with the skill Contact! and a reach of one. That one gets blown to pieces from a distance and with the phenomenal reach of one also never strikes back :)

DeletedUser25795

Yep the abilities confused me a lot, but the att/def are massive. Not seen them in action yet, but hopefully soon I will.

qaccy

@Agent327 They do function properly, as they're not currently bugged or anything (or if they are, they'll be fixed). They just don't appear to be designed very well which can also change.

However, none of this discussion is really relevant here as it's not covered by the content of this changelog.

Agent327

@Agent327 They do function properly, as they're not currently bugged or anything (or if they are, they'll be fixed). They just don't appear to be designed very well which can also change.

However, none of this discussion is really relevant here as it's not covered by the content of this changelog.

If they function properly how come the ninja does not strike back when you hit it from a spot next to it?

With the massive att/def they still get picked apart by lower age units. Do you call that functioning properly.

It is relevant cause it is relevant to the nerf of the Hoover and the fact that the devs seem to be clueless when it comes to the units they develope.

qaccy

@Agent327 I'm not sure why I'm the one pointing this out to you this late, but ranged (and artillery) units have never retaliated when struck, unless they have the Contact! ability. You can observe this as early as the Bronze Age with Slingers. Ranged units are not coded to retaliate by default, so nothing is bugged here.

Of course, talking about VF units still has nothing to do with the content of this update.

Agent327

Of course, talking about VF units still has nothing to do with the content of this update

Have a look at what I responded to. Maybe you should read better. Nowhere did I mention that ranged and artlliry units retaliate.

qaccy

@Agent327
If they function properly how come the ninja does not strike back when you hit it from a spot next to it?

Sounds like you expect them to retaliate, as though you were unaware (or simply forgot) that ranged units do not do that by default. What did you actually mean by that?

Also, it's spelled 'hover', not 'hoover'. Just one 'o'.

Also, still off-topic! The hover change was in relation to currently existing units, as they were very usable against most OF units. And to be honest, they still are. The change didn't really do very much in that regard.

DeletedUser27046

psssst !!! hey dev's, come here, five or six months now, fix the friking fraking sound already.

DeletedUser27107

I can understand the hover nerf, but has anyone realized that the AF units are all underwhelming. Buff something so I don't have to move to OF so soon.