• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.132 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

In the meantime, our development team is working on the upcoming Fall Event and further HTML5 improvements. Check our Beta server to be always up to date!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave your feedback here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Your Forge of Empires Team

Find the Announcement HERE

DeletedUser13838

So you're increasing the cost of the terracotta army gb after release and after the power levelers already leveled the gb to 80+. Inno still has not learned how to do QA or how to deal with those mistakes.

By the way this is not a big as mentioned in the patch notes. The gb worked exactly as it was supposed to it's just that the tables had the wrong numbers. Again .

DeletedUser8620

Will this change to the Terracotta Army Great Building, reduce any levels due to the inaccuracy of required forge points required to level it after the change?

DeletedUser3882

Will this change to the Terracotta Army Great Building, reduce any levels due to the inaccuracy of required forge points required to level it after the change?
Flash, the announcement on BETA specifically stated that the change would *only* be for open levels going forward. For previous levels already obtained, there would be no change (so no loss..)

They did not mention this on the live announcement, soooooooooo..... we’ll see?!? I dunno...

DeletedUser25565

They completely ignored all the complaints on the beta forum over this change to Terracotta. Once again the rich get richer while the rest get shafted. The only 2 options to make it fair is either 1. leave it as is so no one profits from the bug. 2. remove levels from those already leveled to reflect the 4% change. They won't do #2 though because that would upset their diamond buyers and thus possibly hurt their revenue stream

Btw, Panacea... this doesn't balance anything. Those that already have it at high level are making out like bandits. The rest of us get screwed because now it takes even longer to level it just to compete. Leaving the building as is does not harm the balance of the game since everyone gets it at the same amount of FPs per level and it's only off by 1 era (supposedly) in terms of FPs needed per level. You're actually UNbalancing the game by the change you're going to make. At level 70, you're talking about requiring 6,700 more FPs than those who already have gotten it there. You can do the math for those that have it at level 100+ already.

So you can take your nerf and shove it. When this goes live, you will never get another penny from me and I will be pulling my roads and never play FoE again. Your team is beyond incompetent when it comes to programming. You've broken the game beyond repair with the Arc (making GvG completely irrelevant other than individual point farming) and now you can't stop screwing the little guys over with your nerfs and bad programming/decisions.

Oh and you might want to update your rules/ToS .. because YOU are allowing people to exploit a bug and profit from said bug without any form of punishment (yes Zarok himself admitted it's a bug).

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

They completely ignored all the complaints on the beta forum over this change to Terracotta. Once again the rich get richer while the rest get shafted. The only 2 options to make it fair is either 1. leave it as is so no one profits from the bug. 2. remove levels from those already leveled to reflect the 4% change. They won't do #2 though because that would upset their diamond buyers and thus possibly hurt their revenue stream

Btw, Panacea... this doesn't balance anything. Those that already have it at high level are making out like bandits. The rest of us get screwed because now it takes even longer to level it just to compete. Leaving the building as is does not harm the balance of the game since everyone gets it at the same amount of FPs per level and it's only off by 1 era (supposedly) in terms of FPs needed per level. You're actually UNbalancing the game by the change you're going to make. At level 70, you're talking about requiring 6,700 more FPs than those who already have gotten it there. You can do the math for those that have it at level 100+ already.

So you can take your nerf and shove it. When this goes live, you will never get another penny from me and I will be pulling my roads and never play FoE again. Your team is beyond incompetent when it comes to programming. You've broken the game beyond repair with the Arc (making GvG completely irrelevant other than individual point farming) and now you can't stop screwing the little guys over with your nerfs and bad programming/decisions.

Oh and you might want to update your rules/ToS .. because YOU are allowing people to exploit a bug and profit from said bug without any form of punishment (yes Zardok himself admitted it's a bug).
The change in TA is unacceptable. Either relevel everyone's already leveled gbs or revert back the original fp requirement.
Really, in the grand scheme of things, would anything have changed? Had they set it correctly from the beginning, would any of the folks who had a level 50+ TA within 36 hours of the release of VF, would any of them not still have that right now? Would anything be different?

DeletedUser31498

Do the rewards get buffed at all as well? So funny a lot of ppl in my guild are enraged by this, even though it's such a tiny change and really impacts so few people in a small way.

DeletedUser25565

Really, in the grand scheme of things, would anything have changed? Had they set it correctly from the beginning, would any of the folks who had a level 50+ TA within 36 hours of the release of VF, would any of them not still have that right now? Would anything be different?
They would have still leveled but that’s not the issue. THEY get to level 70 for 6,700 FPs less than those who will build one after the change. On what planet is that considered fair or balanced?

What does it harm to leave it as is? None. Everyone gets it at the exact same cost. And those that haven’t or can’t power level it will still be able to close the gap a little faster(by several thousand FPs)

RazorbackPirate

They would have still leveled but that’s not the issue. THEY get to level 70 for 6,700 FPs less than those who will build one after the change. On what planet is that considered fair or balanced?
On the planet of so what? 6,700 FPs less, 6,700 FPs more, so what? 6,700 FPs is still a rounding error to them. They spend over a thousand FPs per day, everyday. They would be exactly where they are now. It would have cost them a few more FPs, but it wouldn't have slowed them down. It would have made no difference to them, it would have made no difference to you. Not quite 7,000 FP difference over 70 levels. Not quite 100 FPs per level. Like I said, so what?
What does it harm to leave it as is? None. Everyone gets it at the exact same cost. And those that haven’t or can’t power level it will still be able to close the gap a little faster(by several thousand FPs)
Inno obviously felt there would be harm leaving it as first introduced. So they rebalanced it. Didn't cost anyone anything, doesn't change the current balance at all. You're just griping now because it just got more expensive for you. Why did you miss your chance?

DeletedUser25565

It’s not about the richest players. It’s about the other 95+% who play the game. Panacea above claims fairness and balance yet this change accomplishes neither.

Either leave it as is so it’s fair for all or remove levels from those already built to reflect the 4% change. Then it’s fair for all.

Making it more expensive to level simply slows down those who don’t have 10,000+ FPS banked to play with. (My guess is that you’re one who has already power leveled it so you want to avoid getting hit with the nerf bat so you defend what they are doing).

Graviton

I don’t have one yet at all and I see nothing wrong with Inno deciding to adjust it. They considered it unbalanced for whatever reason; you can’t expect them to do nothing, and they aren’t going to remove levels, that’s nuts.

DeletedUser3882

Instead of changing the FPs, change the name to the Terrorcooter and I’ll be happy :)

Shoooo... stick with the current change, but change the name, so at least *someone* is happy about it...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31498

Thyrgrym. You say 6,700 FPs is a big difference. Do you know the total FP reguirements before and after? That might help you realize you're wrong.

qaccy

The way I see it is thus: @RazorbackPirate hit the nail on the head with the cost mattering pretty much not at all for anyone who's currently gone through the process of levelling it. For the ones who haven't done so, they either don't care to do so anyway, at least not as a priority, or are doing so slowly via things like FP trades and again aren't really going to be affected by it. Even with the price increase, the difference adds up to...what, like 2 or 3 levels by the time you get over 70? 1-2% on the GB's effect? Is this really a huge deal? I challenge anyone with any experience regarding battle in this game to convince me not that a 1-2% increase to your military's stats has an effect, but that it has a meaningful one. In the instance that it doesn't, then this FP cost increase ultimately amounts to very little in terms of balance.

DeletedUser25565

Thyrgrym. You say 6,700 FPs is a big difference. Do you know the total FP reguirements before and after? That might help you realize you're wrong.

I took the FP totals off the wiki page, added them up and took 4% of the total. 6700 was the number based on levels 1-70. Total needed for 70 levels was 167,500.

So if you built it already and leveled it to 70 then I build it tomorrow and level it to 70, your 70 levels will have cost you 6,700 FPs less than it will cost me. Why should you get a 6,700 FP advantage over everyone else the builds one after the change? Inno’s own rules state you aren’t to benefit from a bug (Zarok admitted it’s a bug on the Beta forums).

People say that isn’t a lot but it’s 335,000 diamonds worth roughly at 50 diamonds per FP. Even at 200 FPs a Day collection that’s 34 days worth of collections to make up just the discrepancy (not accounting for Arc bonuses).

I refuse to support incompetence and bad decision making. So I’m done with this game. I’m simply pointing out that the change being made is being done incorrectly and has nothing to do with fairness or balance. Fair would be the change affects everyone equally (ie levels removed) or the change isn’t made at all so everyone pays the exact same amount of FPs per level.

DeletedUser25565

The way I see it is thus: @RazorbackPirate hit the nail on the head with the cost mattering pretty much not at all for anyone who's currently gone through the process of levelling it. For the ones who haven't done so, they either don't care to do so anyway, at least not as a priority, or are doing so slowly via things like FP trades and again aren't really going to be affected by it. Even with the price increase, the difference adds up to...what, like 2 or 3 levels by the time you get over 70? 1-2% on the GB's effect? Is this really a huge deal? I challenge anyone with any experience regarding battle in this game to convince me not that a 1-2% increase to your military's stats has an effect, but that it has a meaningful one. In the instance that it doesn't, then this FP cost increase ultimately amounts to very little in terms of balance.
335,000 diamonds worth of FPs to get to level 70 is a big deal. The bonus from the building not so much. The one question you people ignore is why should some people pay much less than others for the exact same building and effect? Especially when it’s those who need the extra FPs the least.

qaccy

335,000 diamonds worth of FPs to get to level 70 is a big deal. The bonus from the building not so much. The one question you people ignore is why should some people pay much less than others for the exact same building and effect? Especially when it’s those who need the extra FPs the least.

The question I asked you (and others arguing against this change) is why it actually matters. If the GB's effect is admittedly very small at these levels, why would you be levelling it in the first place? A Rain Forest Project is extremely cheap to level, but odds are you aren't going to be pushing one up to 70 any time soon because the effect isn't very desirable to many people. Same deal here. You're essentially arguing that it's a terrible, game-breaking thing that an at-best mediocre GB was made more expensive to level, and not even by very much. Hell, with the cost of these high-age GBs that 6700 FP actually only amounts to one extra level. Even if Inno did retroactively reduce the levels of other GBs, that's the effect you'd be seeing in-game.

Or in other words, it's not even worth bothering with and making sure it's correctly implemented because doing so wouldn't even do anything.

DeletedUser25565

The question I asked you (and others arguing against this change) is why it actually matters. If the GB's effect is admittedly very small at these levels, why would you be levelling it in the first place? A Rain Forest Project is extremely cheap to level, but odds are you aren't going to be pushing one up to 70 any time soon because the effect isn't very desirable to many people. Same deal here. You're essentially arguing that it's a terrible, game-breaking thing that an at-best mediocre GB was made more expensive to level, and not even by very much. Hell, with the cost of these high-age GBs that 6700 FP actually only amounts to one extra level. Even if Inno did retroactively reduce the levels of other GBs, that's the effect you'd be seeing in-game.

Or in other words, it's not even worth bothering with and making sure it's correctly implemented because doing so wouldn't even do anything.
Attack % is about all that matters when it comes to combat in this game. It’s a tough stat to get without using massive amounts of space. So getting a 50% boost from a 4x6 space makes this a much more important building than many of the other GBs. Not to mention it also works on your city defense as well.

So answer the question, why should some pay much less for the building than others?