• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.132 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

qaccy

Attack % is about all that matters when it comes to combat in this game. It’s a tough stat to get without using massive amounts of space. So getting a 50% boost from a 4x6 space makes this a much more important building than many of the other GBs. Not to mention it also works on your city defense as well.

So answer the question, why should some pay much less for the building than others?

I already answered you. That you don't accept that answer isn't my problem. A TA levelled before tomorrow and one levelled after tomorrow, with the same amount of FP involved for each, is going to amount to no more than a single-level difference which means at most a 1% difference in the GB's effect. Accept that or don't, but that's the reality and unless you can make a compelling argument that a single level on this GB actually matters, then I'll be making no further replies on this subject as I'd essentially be repeating myself even more than I already have.

Agent327

Really, in the grand scheme of things, would anything have changed? Had they set it correctly from the beginning, would any of the folks who had a level 50+ TA within 36 hours of the release of VF, would any of them not still have that right now? Would anything be different?

No, but it would have cost them more, so that would be different. They have saved a nice amount of fp's this way.

Agent327

Thyrgrym. You say 6,700 FPs is a big difference. Do you know the total FP reguirements before and after? That might help you realize you're wrong.

I don't think he is wrong. It is 4%. Take that over 70 levels and you will get to that number.

RazorbackPirate

It’s not about the richest players. It’s about the other 95+% who play the game. Panacea above claims fairness and balance yet this change accomplishes neither.

Either leave it as is so it’s fair for all or remove levels from those already built to reflect the 4% change. Then it’s fair for all.

Making it more expensive to level simply slows down those who don’t have 10,000+ FPS banked to play with. (My guess is that you’re one who has already power leveled it so you want to avoid getting hit with the nerf bat so you defend what they are doing).
Actually, TA is so far off my radar, I don't even think I have a single print for it. I'll leave it at I don't think - because I could not be bothered to look.

Let's say Inno releveled. From a Level 70 TA it would remove 1-1/2 levels. You don't think they would be right back to level 70 in an hour? So what then? Why bother? So you can feel better? It doesn't matter.

DeletedUser25565

Actually, TA is so far off my radar, I don't even think I have a single print for it. I'll leave it at I don't think - because I could not be bothered to look.

Let's say Inno releveled. From a Level 70 TA it would remove 1-1/2 levels. You don't think they would be right back to level 70 in an hour? So what then? Why bother? So you can feel better? It doesn't matter.
Irrelevant. Inno claims they want fairness and balance. This change does neither. If it’s not a big deal why even bother making the change? See how that works?

All I’m saying is make it fair so it applies to every player no matter what. No one should have to spend more on a gb than anyone else. As far as I know, Inno has never done this before (I could be wrong). I know they’ve changed rewards after the fact (Oracle).

DeletedUser25565

Honestly, this complaint sounds like the people who buy the new iPhone the day it's released and then complain when the price drops a few months later.
So then don’t read it. Besides your analogy is off. This is more akin to one customer being charged more than another for the same exact product for some arbitrary reason (which is against the law in the real world).

DeletedUser25565

I already answered you. That you don't accept that answer isn't my problem. A TA levelled before tomorrow and one levelled after tomorrow, with the same amount of FP involved for each, is going to amount to no more than a single-level difference which means at most a 1% difference in the GB's effect. Accept that or don't, but that's the reality and unless you can make a compelling argument that a single level on this GB actually matters, then I'll be making no further replies on this subject as I'd essentially be repeating myself even more than I already have.
I have. You just refuse to accept it. Thousands of forge points difference per play is a rather significant problem. No one should have to pay more for the exact same item, period.

RazorbackPirate

I refuse to support incompetence and bad decision making. So I’m done with this game. I’m simply pointing out that the change being made is being done incorrectly and has nothing to do with fairness or balance. Fair would be the change affects everyone equally (ie levels removed) or the change isn’t made at all so everyone pays the exact same amount of FPs per level.
I refuse to indulge an overreaction to something as trivial and meaningless as this. But go be butt hurt. Don't play.

Graviton

So then don’t read it. Besides your analogy is off. This is more akin to one customer being charged more than another for the same exact product for some arbitrary reason (which is against the law in the real world).

Of course it's not like charging two customers different prices at the same time, which is your example. It's like charging everybody $10 today, and charging everybody $15 tomorrow. Since you insist on acting like a victim, I'll put it this way: you are a victim of the calendar and Inno's desire to better balance a brand-new building.

DeletedUser25565

Of course it's not like charging two customers different prices at the same time, which is your example. It's like charging everybody $10 today, and charging everybody $15 tomorrow. Since you insist on acting like a victim, I'll put it this way: you are a victim of the calendar and Inno's desire to better balance a brand-new building.

Your new analogy still fails. This is a static game world, not the real world. Great Buildings have a fixed cost for everyone, until now. My analogy is about as close as you can get in the real world because of how the game actually works. Great Buildings don't get cheaper over time due to new technology like a tv, car or cell phone would, there is no law of supply and demand to drive price changes. Every GB before this one cost each and every player exactly the same amount of forge points per level. It didn't matter if you built/leveled it the day FoE went live several years ago or if you built/leveled it this morning.

You can leave the personal attacks at home.. they weaken your argument.

qaccy

Your new analogy still fails. This is a static game world, not the real world. Great Buildings have a fixed cost for everyone, until now. My analogy is about as close as you can get in the real world because of how the game actually works. Great Buildings don't get cheaper over time due to new technology like a tv, car or cell phone would, there is no law of supply and demand to drive price changes. Every GB before this one cost each and every player exactly the same amount of forge points per level. It didn't matter if you built/leveled it the day FoE went live several years ago or if you built/leveled it this morning.

While this is true, the amount of FP a player could generate was vastly different several years ago compared to today. It'd be akin to saying it's unfair that players today can level GBs so much more easily now because of all the extra FP they're able to get. Prices should be increased across the board to account for increased FP generation. Right? Gotta be fair! It's a lot harder to level a GB when you're stuck with pretty much 24 per day (max) from the bar, no Arc, and Hagia+CDM being your only options for getting FP from building collections.

This argument is completely ridiculous, but it seems to be in the spirit of where you're coming from. It's just pointed in the opposite direction.

Graviton

You can leave the personal attacks at home.. they weaken your argument.

Don't take this as a personal attack, but read the first line in my sig.

I said you're acting like a victim. That is objectively true. You feel you have been slighted, even cheated, and you're at least broadcasting it, and at most insisting that Inno make amends to you somehow. That is what victims, real and imagined, do.

The difference of opinion is whether any victims are being created in the first place.

DeletedUser31440

Every GB before this one cost each and every player exactly the same amount of forge points per level.

Oracle of Delphi?

Every level may require the same amount of fp's for all players, but it definitely does not cost the same to each player. If I can get a group of players to lock in at 1.9 it's going to cost me a good deal less than someone who can only get people to lock in at break even. Depending on the level getting locked in at 1.9 will be cheaper to me than using swap threads.

DeletedUser25166

And sure enough in comes qaccy to Inno's defense even though they admitted it was a bug which meansplayers exploited a bug which is against the rules.
But please carry on with your constant support of anything they do(see hover tank defense)

DeletedUser25565

While this is true, the amount of FP a player could generate was vastly different several years ago compared to today. It'd be akin to saying it's unfair that players today can level GBs so much more easily now because of all the extra FP they're able to get. Prices should be increased across the board to account for increased FP generation. Right? Gotta be fair! It's a lot harder to level a GB when you're stuck with pretty much 24 per day (max) from the bar, no Arc, and Hagia+CDM being your only options for getting FP from building collections.

This argument is completely ridiculous, but it seems to be in the spirit of where you're coming from. It's just pointed in the opposite direction.
Again, not relevant. You guys simply can't see the forest for the trees. A GB should never cost 1 player any more FPs to level than any other player, period. How many you can generate makes no difference. You also seem to ignore that the vast majority of players do not have level 80+ arcs and also have very few SoKs. So the majority of players do not generate massive amounts of FPs.

DeletedUser25565

Oracle of Delphi?

Every level may require the same amount of fp's for all players, but it definitely does not cost the same to each player. If I can get a group of players to lock in at 1.9 it's going to cost me a good deal less than someone who can only get people to lock in at break even. Depending on the level getting locked in at 1.9 will be cheaper to me than using swap threads.
Completely irrelevant. It's still going to cost the same number of FPs per level for you as it costs for the next guy and the guy after that. How many FPs you can throw on it daily doesn't matter.. nor does it matter how many 90% arcs you can get on it. Zeus requires 40 FPs to level to 1 for every player in the game. It requires 60 more to get to level 2 for every player in the game... and so on.

Terracotta Army will now cost everyone that hasn't already leveled it up 4% more FPs per level than those few who already built it and leveled it up. Do you people not understand what the word "fair" means?

DeletedUser25565

Don't take this as a personal attack, but read the first line in my sig.

I said you're acting like a victim. That is objectively true. You feel you have been slighted, even cheated, and you're at least broadcasting it, and at most insisting that Inno make amends to you somehow. That is what victims, real and imagined, do.

The difference of opinion is whether any victims are being created in the first place.

I'm not acting like anything. I'm advocating that Inno act in a fair and balanced manner as they claim they want to do. Fair means everyone is treated the same. That means if they change the TA for anyone, they have to change it for all.. including those already built (even if it requires removing levels). Or they need to not make any changes and leave it as is so everyone will spend the same number of FPs per level , no exceptions. There is no balance issue here... if everyone has the same required FPs per level, then it's already balanced. It may be on the wrong FP table but that does not unbalance the game , esp since its' a 4% change they are making. IF the change is so small, then there's no reason to make it right? That's the argument many are making (that the end result will be not noticeable).

Maybe one day they'll nerf something you do care about and then perhaps you'll actually stop defending their sloppy programming and bad decision making.

DeletedUser31440

Do you people not understand what the word "fair" means?

Do you not understand that this game is constantly changing and mistakes can and will be made? Perhaps unlike the devs you have never made one and had to fix it? Stuff happens guy, get over it.

You're also confusing value with cost, just because a GB level is valued at 60 fp's doesn't mean it will cost me that.