• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.136 Feedback

DeletedUser12063

DC quests have a weekly pattern of presentation, so it's a little early to tell how Inno will ultimately set the frequency for negotiation quests and whether they will eventually offer a choice. I view it as sort of zero sum with one type of quest replacing the others, but I guess the bottom line is whether having a particular type of quest will make the player skip the DC.

There does seem to be a lot of recent creativity aimed at wasting goods, needed to advance, and player's time. Customer satisfaction seems to have been given a backseat.

lemur

I really don't see much sense playing this game. Why should I spend my time and money to do things and have the goal posts changed? How can you trust a company that will do this?

I'm shutting down my cities.

I learned long ago that InnoGames cannot be trusted. .Too often the company behaves as if it were mean-spirited and going out of its way to f-up the game, while failing to fix longstanding problems. .Much (or all) of this regrettable circumstance seems due to arrogance and a failure of employees to play the damn game themselves.

Last edited:

lemur

UBQs are simply an exchange of resources for quest rewards. This isn't the first time Inno has caused delays in doing recurring quests. I believe that earlier delay in clicking was intentionally added by Inno and they pretended it just happened after an update.

Agreed. .InnoGames has been committed to sabotaging the UBQs for the past year. .It is as if they cannot countenance a playing strategy that players use so successfully to get ahead in the game without buying diamonds.

Their excuse for the latest degradation of the quests is such transparent B.S. that I laughed out loud. ."We will avoid confusing less experienced players."

Lie !!!

Toppcatt

You can put me down with all the others, in the "adding Negotiations to the DC sucks" category. I've had 2 of them in the last 3 days now, where it was a "medium" and a "hard", so that I have just plain passed. The so called "rewards" are crappy enough, let alone not even close to being worth something having to spend Diamonds on, because of not being able to complete the Negotiations in the "normal" 3 turns. Not that the "Rewards" are worth even spending the Goods trying to do the Negotiations to begin with.

DeletedUser12063

"The new system is a part of a wider set of changes that will allow us to make quests more varied by asking for several different things, or making it possible to fulfill a quest in more than one way."

I guess all those do this or that quests I've been doing in events aren't part of the new system. They weren't wearing a dress.

DeletedUser34982

Daily quests are a waste of time now. Sadly recent improvements take away from the game.

Goods are way to important to waste on these negotiation. Good luck solving the complex negotiation without diamonds. Again something, I won't use for a daily quest.

I already was passing over daily quests that require large donations to the treasury. Perhaps if you made these forced donations of goods from any age, I may do these daily quests. Again my current age goods are to valuable to waste on an uncertain prize in a daily quest.

I'm really disappointed in Innos changes to the daily quests. Looks like I will only be able to do one or two daily quests a week. Hardly fits the definition of "Daily"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12063

If Inno presented the negotiations as a choice instead of fighting, like they intend on doing, they would still be disliked when that choice replaces types of quests that are easier to do. So Inno is negotiating the negotiations, at first making it miserable with them alone and frequent and then changing to the way they intend on doing in the first place to get players satisfied they have changed it. Their "we have listened to you" announcement was probably written before the negotiations quests were introduced.

When DCs started, I did them for a month in all 26 worlds, even though I thought it was better to be picky. I wanted to see the percentages of getting a good prize in Challengers and figured a large sample was needed. It was very expensive in goods and pushed cities way too far on the CM, even cities already too far. My youngest city had HMA units fighting the last of the easy CA sectors. My conclusion was to use events to get top prizes and not DCs. The odds of me getting the prize I wanted in the right city were very low.

In the last event, I got 234 daily specials. 210 soks in cities that could use them and 24 RHO shrinks in the two cities with too many soks, a dozen each. Nearly all came from event currency. A world was the first city I tried and it got 13 soks. 9 was common and I did get 12, 11, and 10 in other worlds. Two cities got only 3 on event currency. Such feast or famine results are typical in major events, even when you save for specific prizes.

RazorbackPirate

The so called "rewards" are crappy enough, let alone not even close to being worth something having to spend Diamonds on, because of not being able to complete the Negotiations in the "normal" 3 turns.
Good luck solving the complex negotiation without diamonds. Again something, I won't use for a daily quest.
I know the exaggeration makes it sound like you have a valid point, but stop with the diamond nonsense. Everyone knows you don't have to use diamonds to negotiate in GE or in DC. It makes you sound foolish and whiney.

Last edited:
I just have to say I'm firmly in the "new negotiation DC is too expensive" camp. I'm just as capable of negotiating as fighting, not hurting for either goods or units, but don't think it's worth the rewards. Maybe if it used fewer goods per guess and/or had coins/supplies as options. So for now I'm sitting them out.

I really do wonder if Inno tracks which DC don't get done - it would be fascinating to analyze that data (what tasks are skipped most often? is there a day of week pattern? can we correlate with the prizes offered? Does it matter if someone is at the beginning or end of the weekly challenge bar?)

lemur

I enjoy the negotiations because I love mathematical puzzles. .I negotiate all of Level 4 every week without spending diamonds. .On the contrary, I win some diamonds that way. .Buying an extra turn with Tavern Silver and having plenty of goods from my Château boost are both essential.

In this instance I applaud InnoGames for adding the "Negotiation Game" to Forge of Empires, and I welcome its extension to the Daily Challenges.

DeletedUser16249

Absolutely great. Seven worlds and not doing the daily event on six of them. Why? Because I'm not going to waste my goods doing "negotiations". I thought when INNO first said they were bringing it out, it was going to be a choice (like G.E.) - fight or negotiate that particular part of the quest.
Way to keep ruining a good game, INNO.

DeletedUser31592

Absolutely great. Seven worlds and not doing the daily event on six of them. Why? Because I'm not going to waste my goods doing "negotiations". I thought when INNO first said they were bringing it out, it was going to be a choice (like G.E.) - fight or negotiate that particular part of the quest.
Way to keep ruining a good game, INNO.
You realize just as many people felt this way about the fighting challenges.

And, you are doing something wrong if you can't afford the goods to negotiate. I don't have an issue even in my Wishing Well farms where I only get goods from wishing wells and my ToB and LoA.

DeletedUser16249

You realize just as many people felt this way about the fighting challenges.

And, you are doing something wrong if you can't afford the goods to negotiate. I don't have an issue even in my Wishing Well farms where I only get goods from wishing wells and my ToB and LoA.
LOL I'm not doing anything wrong, thanks very much. I just prefer to hold onto my goods to use for GBs, research, continental map, etc. Not for part of a daily challenge for prizes that, these days, are getting to be a joke.
And yes, I get that there are ones that feel exactly the same about having to fight the challenges. Hence why I said that I thought, when INNO said they were introducing this option, that it was going to be exactly that - an option. Just like G.E. "Here's a challenge - you choose whether you want to fight it or negotiate it." Simple, really.

DeletedUser30900

LOL I'm not doing anything wrong, thanks very much. I just prefer to hold onto my goods to use for GBs, research, continental map, etc. Not for part of a daily challenge for prizes that, these days, are getting to be a joke.
And yes, I get that there are ones that feel exactly the same about having to fight the challenges. Hence why I said that I thought, when INNO said they were introducing this option, that it was going to be exactly that - an option. Just like G.E. "Here's a challenge - you choose whether you want to fight it or negotiate it." Simple, really.
okay, maybe Jcera was not clear on this. If you, at any circumstance, thinking about holding the goods back because you might have a shortage on it in the future, you are just failing this city building game. The fighting daily is exactly the same. You are the one failing so the game has no need to change anything for you. Simple, really.

Volodya

If the prize for a given DC isn't worth the cost, the solution is remarkably simple and available to everyone: skip it. I routinely skip the tedious 5-minute production challenges and always will, and right now I can't quite beat the very large army challenges. I'm working on that though, and getting close. What I'm not doing in the meantime is complaining because the game is too hard for me.

I don't get the angst over this at all. It was different when there was a real penalty exacted for skipping a DC--a completed challenge deducted from the total--but of course that's no longer the case.

RazorbackPirate

I agree 100% with @icarusethan If you're holding back goods as you describe, It's your city. Negotiations being added to DC simply exacerbated a weakness you already knew you had and still have not sufficiently address. Also, how are the prizes in DC, "getting to be a joke?" The existing prizes haven't changed and they just added 2 new chests where 100% of the prizes you win have real value.
As you've seen, your thinking on Negotiations in DC is incorrect. The announcement said that they would be introducing the choice option to Event Quests starting with the Halloween Event. Many on the Beta server had the same confusion about DC, and Inno clarified this. They also said the Daily Challenge has never offered a choice in any of the tasks presented, and they had no plans to change that.

Should you want to learn how to improve your city, there is much help to be found here on the Forum. If you're just looking for agreement or sympathy for your plight, you won't find much here.

DeletedUser34800

I had a DC today with the 2 options of: 1) a bunch of boost potions or 2) an insignificant amount of coins that I do not need.

Know what I did? Sighed a bit and said: Ugh, these prizes suck today. Well, at least I can set everything for 8 hrs and not log back into the game for...8 hrs. No GE, no DC, don't GvG, don't attack the hood.

It's always nice to have a day off. If the prize is something, no, better yet, a CHANCE at something I want, I will go for it no matter what. I don't care if I have to negotiate, collect tavern silver, and punch a cluster of kittens. I'm getting that DC done and hoping for my prize.

If you think the negotiating costs too much because the prize sucks (oh yeah, 6000 coins!!!!!), don't do it. If you find that you don't want to spend your precious goods because they're just that, precious, then you need to rethink your city and goods production.

If I could, I would delete all my current and previous age goods just to prove to some on this forum that a properly set up city can make more than enough goods in a day to do whatever they want or need to.

I could literally delete all my excess goods every day, and still have enough for DCs and GE. Easy.