• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.136 Feedback

DeletedUser31592

I had a DC today with the 2 options of: 1) a bunch of boost potions or 2) an insignificant amount of coins that I do not need.

Know what I did? Sighed a bit and said: Ugh, these prizes suck today. Well, at least I can set everything for 8 hrs and not log back into the game for...8 hrs. No GE, no DC, don't GvG, don't attack the hood.

It's always nice to have a day off. If the prize is something, no, better yet, a CHANCE at something I want, I will go for it no matter what. I don't care if I have to negotiate, collect tavern silver, and punch a cluster of kittens. I'm getting that DC done and hoping for my prize.

If you think the negotiating costs too much because the prize sucks (oh yeah, 6000 coins!!!!!), don't do it. If you find that you don't want to spend your precious goods because they're just that, precious, then you need to rethink your city and goods production.

If I could, I would delete all my current and previous age goods just to prove to some on this forum that a properly set up city can make more than enough goods in a day to do whatever they want or need to.

I could literally delete all my excess goods every day, and still have enough for DCs and GE. Easy.

Always choose them- even if they are crappy. Then decided whether or not you will complete them. Sometimes they are super simple and don't require me doing anything different (spend FPs, collect goods/supplies/coins, etc...) If you luck out with an easy one, you are 1 closer to the Challenger's Chest.

DeletedUser30312

I just have to say I'm firmly in the "new negotiation DC is too expensive" camp. I'm just as capable of negotiating as fighting, not hurting for either goods or units, but don't think it's worth the rewards. Maybe if it used fewer goods per guess and/or had coins/supplies as options. So for now I'm sitting them out.

I doubt we'll see coins and supplies since there's already options for paying goods and supplies in the DC already. I think this is intended as a goods sink. However, the costs are more than I want to pay unless there's a very good prize on the line. If I get a choice between say a bunch of coins or culture buildings and decos, and then get a complex negotiation which requires paying 9 each of 10 different goods, you'd better believe I'm skipping it for the day.

DeletedUser16249

I agree 100% with @icarusethan If you're holding back goods as you describe, It's your city. Negotiations being added to DC simply exacerbated a weakness you already knew you had and still have not sufficiently address. Also, how are the prizes in DC, "getting to be a joke?" The existing prizes haven't changed and they just added 2 new chests where 100% of the prizes you win have real value.

As you've seen, your thinking on Negotiations in DC is incorrect. The announcement said that they would be introducing the choice option to Event Quests starting with the Halloween Event. Many on the Beta server had the same confusion about DC, and Inno clarified this. They also said the Daily Challenge has never offered a choice in any of the tasks presented, and they had no plans to change that.

Should you want to learn how to improve your city, there is much help to be found here on the Forum. If you're just looking for agreement or sympathy for your plight, you won't find much here.
LOL Sitting in A.F. on my main world, I'm quite happy with how my city is, thanks very much. And in fact, am quite happy with how ALL my cities look. Otherwise I'd change them. But I do so appreciate your concern about how I can "improve" my city.

DeletedUser35195

If I could, I would delete all my current and previous age goods just to prove to some on this forum that a properly set up city can make more than enough goods in a day to do whatever they want or need to.

I’m in CA. I haven’t had a goods building in my city since May when I was in HMA. I get all my goods from questing, making an average of 500ish per day. After negotiating all of GE, completing daily challenge negotiations, and donating hundreds to events like the Halloween one, I still net over 2000 current age goods weekly.

It works if you work it and you’re worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41271

I suspect this is a left brain / right brain thing. While the process of collecting, the actual looping of the quests can sometimes seem mindless and boring, I can assure you there is a tremendous amount of thinking and planning that go into every change that happens within my city. Yes, I'm trying to accumulate as much stuff as possible. Why wouldn't I? I'm building an Empire.

However, to think it's without thinking, please.

Every change, every expansion to my city goes through one or more iterations in City Planner well before the change happens. I'm always looking for the most efficient, most aesthetically pleasing (to me) design. Each candidate is then scored in an Excel spreadsheet I built that recreates the math engine behind the game (thank-you fan wiki) exactly. Change the level of a GB like LoA, SMB or Chat from the drop-down list? All the numbers update, the new boost % applied throughout. Level Inno, add a production building? Pop is updated, excess pop is updated, pop mood is recalculated, boosts are added or subtracted, etc. The numbers match exactly what happens in game, right down to the happy per tile of road. At the end of the day, I want the answer to one question and one question only. Does this change make me more, or less FPs. If it makes more, that's what I do.

Sometimes, like in the case of a Terrace Farm, the Prosperous Mill, etc. the 'Yes' answer results in doing less RQs. Sometimes, like in the case of an expansion, or replacing 2 Alchs with a Windmill, the 'Yes' answer comes from completing more RQs.

My coin collections are even calculated out to collect in a specific order to be as close to the actual coins needed to maximize RQs.

Did you know in HMA, with a level 5 SMB, that collecting on the new Colorful Mill of Fall, then collecting Town Hall is exactly 25,000 coins and completes one 'Collect 25,000 coin' quest? I can complete another one with my lvl 4 Grand Bridge and 37 Aid button clicks, 25,080 coins. I complete one "Collect 25k coins' collecting from either 3 SoKs or 2 SSWs, 25,200 coins (I currently do 5 with Soks, 3 with SSWs). Did you know 2 SSWs and 3 SoKs add up to the exact same number? I didn't. Until I saw the math.

Now when I replace 2 Alchs with 2 SSWs, which take the same space, I can just replace a 'Produce 2 saltpeter' with a 'Collect 25k coins'. I no longer need to lose an RQ to gain 2 FPs. Being coin heavy by 152,000 per day, the loss of 6,624 supplies from the 2 Alchs does mean one less UBQ. That's now being offset by the fact that when I collect from a motivated Windmill, which also takes the space of 2 Alchs, run on a 24 hour production cycle, with a level 10 LoA and a 60% Tavern Boost, I not only complete one 'Collect 25k supplies' RQ, 25,090 supplies, I collect more supplies than 4 Alchs. I have 2 Windmills, but I'm going for the Supply Building chest in DC and hoping to win more Windmills from GE. Then I can replace more Alchs, and do even more UBQs.

Did you know that Windmills, despite being a premium production building are dead last on the motivation list? It takes a lot of activity in the friends area of the game to ensure that each 24 hours your city gets 70 motivations. That's one of the reasons I built Inno so early. 10+ Townhouses on an 8 hour cycle was killing me on motivations which impacted supplies. More supplies, more UBQs.

Point made? I hope so. The numbers get much less interesting from here.

As far as the actual collections and spinning the RQs themselves? Eh, so what? I gotta collect on my city, I'm gonna spend FPs, and I'm gonna research tech. I need goods, medals, BPs and FPs. If Inno wants to pay me all of those things just from doing the stuff I'm gonna do anyway, with the added benefit of no plunderable goods buildings and less pop? All I gotta do is hit some abort buttons annoying as that is? Hell yeah, I'm gonna do RQs, I will spam those RQs to death!

RazorbackPirate

How do I get a wind of fall windmill?
Now that the Fall Event is mostly over, only from the Antiques Dealer, but it will take quite a bit of stuff to exchange for the trade coins and gemstones you'll need to buy the base along with 6 upgrades. They also come up for auction, but you'll still need a ton of trade coins to win 7 auctions when they do.

If you're a diamond player, you can buy the trade coins you'll need, but that might be quite pricey in real world Dollars or Euros.

DeletedUser37581

I have observed Mill of Fall Lv. 1 19 times in the auction with an average winning bid of about 4100 Trade Coins. The Upgrade has averaged about 26,000 Trade Coins over 16 appearances. (Note: These items have been in the auction more often, but I only recorded the times when I saw the winning bid.)

I have not seen Mill of Fall Lv. 1 or its Upgrade in the shop, nor is it listed in the fan wiki as being sold in the shop.

Agent327

Why act like a jerk about it?

You necro an old post without any reason. If you had looked at the comment of the player above you, you would have read this.

I have observed Mill of Fall Lv. 1 19 times in the auction with an average winning bid of about 4100 Trade Coins. The Upgrade has averaged about 26,000 Trade Coins over 16 appearances. (Note: These items have been in the auction more often, but I only recorded the times when I saw the winning bid.)

So it is rather obvious it is in the AD and comes by on a regular basis.

Same you can get from the post above that

Now that the Fall Event is mostly over, only from the Antiques Dealer, but it will take quite a bit of stuff to exchange for the trade coins and gemstones you'll need to buy the base along with 6 upgrades. They also come up for auction, but you'll still need a ton of trade coins to win 7 auctions when they do.

If you're a diamond player, you can buy the trade coins you'll need, but that might be quite pricey in real world Dollars or Euros.

Now I am the jerk cause you did not read?

Statik1301

I read that but they way you came across about it was very jerky. What does necro a thread even mean? I have not seen any that was my comment about it.

Nicholas002

I read that but they way you came across about it was very jerky. What does necro a thread even mean? I have not seen any that was my comment about it.
@Agent327 is often quite snarky in his replies, but they also often contain good info or valid viewpoints if you can see past the snark.

necro a thread means that you replied to a thread that was created 2 years ago and last replied to 1 year ago. The info is kinda outdated.

Agent327

This is a feedback thread on an announcement made over a year ago. Any feedback at this time is of no use, but you did not have feedback. You had a question that would have been much more suited in the Questions part of the forum. Sorry if I came on to strong, but if you look at the AD every 2 hrs for the auctions and at the dealer at reset, you are bounnd to see them.

Statik1301

@Agent327 is often quite snarky in his replies, but they also often contain good info or valid viewpoints if you can see past the snark.

necro a thread means that you replied to a thread that was created 2 years ago and last replied to 1 year ago. The info is kinda outdated.
Well I did a search and replied on any already existing post about it because I've been griped at for posting a thread when there's already a thread about now I get griped at for posting on an existing thread you can't win with this forum crap...

Statik1301

This is a feedback thread on an announcement made over a year ago. Any feedback at this time is of no use, but you did not have feedback. You had a question that would have been much more suited in the Questions part of the forum. Sorry if I came on to strong, but if you look at the AD every 2 hrs for the auctions and at the dealer at reset, you are bounnd to see them.
I have seen mill of fall in auction but not any upgrade kits is there a way to upgrade with a mill of fall and not the upgrade kit?