• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.145 Feedback

DeletedUser36624

Cool, the birds have been upgraded to the new art style too!
Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 2.49.37 PM.png

RazorbackPirate

Gonna have to hard disagree with you right there. The new Tower of Babel is probably based on Babylonian architecture.
Notice the resemblance the tower has to other preserved Babylonian buildings like the Ishtar Gate:
The jagged stepped merlons on the walls and ample use of blue on the Tower of Babel look pretty consistent with preserved Mesopotamian architecture.
While your thesis on the design influences to the update may be correct, the Tower of Babel built by the Chaldeans/Sumerians, and Babylon, the capital of the Babylonian Empire, are separated in history, and therefore architectural design influence by about 1,500 years. In reality, we have no idea about Sumerian/Chaldean architecture, which predates even ancient Egypt, other than their penchant for building ziggurats.
Babel means "confusion" in Hebrew, and Babylon was the name of the city where it was located, but both names have similar linguistic roots.
Babel has come to be associated with 'confusion' in Hebrew and it's where our English word babble, as in "He's a babbling idiot" or "Just let her babble on" comes from.

Because of the similarity of the names, many believe the Tower of Babel was built in the City of Babylon, but the city of Babylon didn't exist at the time. The Bible in Gen 11:2 simply says, "they found a plain in the land of Shinar, and dwelt there." The land of Shinar is basically all of moder day Iraq. Archaeologists believe the actual tower was built in the city of Eridu, the oldest city in the world, who's unfinished ziggurat roughly matches the dimensions recorded in the Bible. Eridu was located just outside Ur in Southern Iraq, about 100 miles from where Babylon would eventually be built.

At the time, if it had a name at all, it would have been called the 'Ziggurat of Eridu' or something like that in the native language at the time. The location was only named Babel after the fact, as recorded in Gen 11:9 "Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth."
The city of Babylon supposedly derived its name from the Akkadian word for "Gateway of the Gods". I wouldn't be surprised if the names/words were related but they are not the same.
You are correct, sort of. Babylon is the Latin translation, of the Greek translation, of the Akkadian word meaning 'gate of god', translated from the Sumerian word for the Chaldean capital. Babel is the Latin translation, of the Hebrew translation, of the Akkadian word for the same place. The reason the word Babel is now associated with or defined as 'confusion' is because of what God did there, confuse the language (making it sound like babble) so they could never complete the tower.

Confusing, I know, but hopefully, that eliminates at least some confusion.

Acts 2:1-13
When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and iCappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabs — we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.” So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean?”

Others mocking said, “They are full of new wine.”

Last edited:

Super Catanian

Because of the similarity of the names, many believe the Tower of Babel was built in the City of Babylon, but the city of Babylon didn't exist at the time.
Well, yeah. Since the people had abandoned the tower, there was nobody to build the city of Babylon. Eventually, some did, around the year 2300 BC, about 1700 years after the Flood and after the diffusion of languages.
Before we get more off topic from feedback of the changelog, how about taking this to the Debate Hall?

DeletedUser36624

I think I was too obscure about my reference to the birds up above. I'm seeing things way out of age when visiting other cities. My own seems fine, but there's cyclists and skateboarders and those flying things in a friend's EMA city.

DreadfulCadillac

I think I was too obscure about my reference to the birds up above. I'm seeing things way out of age when visiting other cities. My own seems fine, but there's cyclists and skateboarders and those flying things in a friend's EMA city.
yes as am i.my own city stayed the same odly enough.BUT IM SEEING CE people in VF city and FE people in EMA CITYS.somthing went wrong with the update?
@Roxana 1184 the Wise

Zatrikon

Gonna have to hard disagree with you right there. The new Tower of Babel is probably based on Babylonian architecture.

Notice the resemblance the tower has to other preserved Babylonian buildings like the Ishtar Gate:

The jagged stepped merlons on the walls and ample use of blue on the Tower of Babel look pretty consistent with preserved Mesopotamian architecture.
Yes. There is a resemblance. And good on Inno for including such similarities (even though Babel and Babylon aren't really the same thing*). But there are other architectural elements that clearly don't belong in that era, such as the buttresses and demi-pillars and sweeping stairways and the windows. (Are those supposed to be arrow slits?) And IIRC, the Babylonians never built round buildings like that.

*Not that it matters. The Tower of Babel is a legend and no one knows what it actually looked like, or even if it ever existed. I've always thought that the Tower of Babel was an odd choice for a GB, when there were so many other ancient buildings that verifiably existed, such as the Colossus of Rhodes, the Pyramid of Cheops... You might be able to see where I'm going with this: any of the classical "Seven Wonders of the World". We've got the Statue of Zeus and the Lighthouse of Alexandria, but what about all the others? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon could have been especially nice. And outside of the "seven wonders", there were many other candidates: The Great Wall of China, the Parthenon, etc.

But I digress.

RazorbackPirate

Thank you for no longer overwriting the city zoom factor with the settlement zoom factor. It's a small fix, but much appreciated.

I had hoped this would also stop the overwriting of the city zoom with the zoom factor of cities you visit as well, but it did not.

Again, it's a little thing, but doing so is another small fix that would be very appreciated, at least by me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser38149

Hello Inno games I have a few suggestions regarding the tarrace farm.
First off, I think the tarrace farm should produce 15 goods instead of 10 as it is less efficent then a normal good production building for its good/space ratio. The tommorrow era smart matirial factory (the largest in that era) produces more goods per tile being a normal building.
This also applies to most other good production buildings.

Second. The tarrace farm dose produce a decent amount of coins/supplies and medals but for its space (IMO) it dose not messure up well, especially comparing it to some 2018 event buildings it could use a relevence boost.
And now I would like to add that the forge point production is somewhat silly for its size, the building is hard to fit and costs alot of population giving a result of 1 daily forge point for a 3x2 space.
That is really not that good compared to most event buildings.
At least 6 forge points would be grate!

Lastly, I am aware that thease requests are a bit large so maybey add a selection kit to either get or upgrade a tarrace farm as a possibal reward in the guild expedition level 4.

Please consider thease suggestions!
Everyone please give your opinion!
Ty.

Super Catanian

First off, I think the tarrace farm should produce 15 goods instead of 10 as it is less efficent then a normal good production building for its good/space ratio. The tommorrow era smart matirial factory (the largest in that era) produces more goods per tile being a normal building.

Second. The tarrace farm dose produce a decent amount of coins/supplies and medals but for its space (IMO) it dose not messure up well, especially comparing it to some 2018 event buildings it could use a relevence boost.
And now I would like to add that the forge point production is somewhat silly for its size, the building is hard to fit and costs alot of population giving a result of 1 daily forge point for a 3x2 space.

Lastly, I am aware that thease requests are a bit large so maybey add a selection kit to either get or upgrade a tarrace farm as a possibal reward in the guild expedition level 4.

Ty.
My opinion is that you have two options.
1) Create a thread in the Forge Hall with this as-is.
2) Create a proposal in the Proposals subforum (but please, PLEASE use the proper format!).
Thank you.

DeletedUser

Ty.
This thread is for feedback on the latest update. Forge Hall is the place for discussing ideas about the game.

RazorbackPirate

My opinion is that you have two options.
1) Create a thread in the Forge Hall with this as-is.
2) Create a proposal in the Proposals subforum (but please, PLEASE use the proper format!).
Thank you.
When you do, please be sure to explain how this massive re-balancing of Terrace Farms will be good for the game and not just for you.

While the math is clear, your reasoning that TFs need to be the best building per tile because subsequent buildings are more powerful is not. While I'm not opposed to a boost in the stats of TFs, I've yet to hear why it's needed. Let's be honest, OoD, ToB, Colo, and ND need a boost more urgently than TFs.
And now I would like to add that the forge point production is somewhat silly for its size, the building is hard to fit and costs a lot of population giving a result of 1 daily forge point for a 3x2 space.
It's exactly the same FP production per tile as a Sacred Sky Watch pointing to a potential flaw in your initial premise. SoKs, which SSWs replaced in GE, are still a considered a premium event building (event special, anyway) having better production than an SSW. That makes it appear to me that Inno's intent is to have event buildings, often available one and done, have better stats than GE buildings available week after week, after week, after week.

Without a compelling argument as to why this is actually needed and beneficial from a game balance standpoint, All I'm hearing is, "Dear Inno, please make all previous special buildings as powerful as the latest special buildings." Would I want that? Sure. Would I ask for that? No. Would I support a proposal about it? Maybe, realizing it would be a waste of time. Inno will re-balance what they want, when they want, for the reasons they feel are needed, and not based the wants of the players.

Inno Employee 1: "We just got a proposal to make Terrace Farms more powerful."
Inno Employee 2: "Really?"
Inno Employee 1: "Hard to believe, right"
Inno Employee 2: "I'm glad they sent it. I never would have thought players would want more powerful buildings."
Inno Employee 1 (laughing): "Dude, you're hilarious."

DeletedUser30312

Sure, the new ToB looks nice, but it no longer looks like the Tower of Babel. The original was based on a classic painting that is pretty famous. The new one looks a few thousand years out of time. Babel was (legendarily) build in Biblical times - Early Old Testament Biblical times. The new design looks like something out of the Renaissance.

That's because medieval and Renaissance biblical art tended to be loaded down with anachronisms, not to mention an ancient Middle East populated with guys from northern Europe. Most likely the ancient Hebrews pictured it as a ziggurat.

DeletedUser29623

I still don’t have the updated graphics on mobile, but I’m not sure if it was meant to update at the same time as the browser version.

RazorbackPirate

I still don’t have the updated graphics on mobile, but I’m not sure if it was meant to update at the same time as the browser version.
Typically, Inno releases the Mobile update to the various App stores on the same day they update the servers for PC. Due to internal App store checks, there's usually a lag of several days to a week before the update is released for download in the store. Apple often lags Android by up to a week.

Volodya

When you do, please be sure to explain how this massive re-balancing of Terrace Farms will be good for the game and not just for you.

While the math is clear, your reasoning that TFs need to be the best building per tile because subsequent buildings are more powerful is not. While I'm not opposed to a boost in the stats of TFs, I've yet to hear why it's needed. Let's be honest, OoD, ToB, Colo, and ND need a boost more urgently than TFs.

It's exactly the same FP production per tile as a Sacred Sky Watch pointing to a potential flaw in your initial premise. SoKs, which SSWs replaced in GE, are still a considered a premium event building (event special, anyway) having better production than an SSW. That makes it appear to me that Inno's intent is to have event buildings, often available one and done, have better stats than GE buildings available week after week, after week, after week.

Without a compelling argument as to why this is actually needed and beneficial from a game balance standpoint, All I'm hearing is, "Dear Inno, please make all previous special buildings as powerful as the latest special buildings." Would I want that? Sure. Would I ask for that? No. Would I support a proposal about it? Maybe, realizing it would be a waste of time. Inno will re-balance what they want, when they want, for the reasons they feel are needed, and not based the wants of the players.

Inno Employee 1: "We just got a proposal to make Terrace Farms more powerful."
Inno Employee 2: "Really?"
Inno Employee 1: "Hard to believe, right"
Inno Employee 2: "I'm glad they sent it. I never would have thought players would want more powerful buildings."
Inno Employee 1 (laughing): "Dude, you're hilarious."

I have no secret knowledge or special insight obviously, but I wouldn't be shocked if a Level 2 TF is already on Inno's drawing board.

RazorbackPirate

I have no secret knowledge or special insight obviously, but I wouldn't be shocked if a Level 2 TF is already on Inno's drawing board.
I have no inside knowledge either, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were planning a complete prize revamp on or around the 2nd anniversary of the level 4 release.