• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.145 Feedback

RazorbackPirate

I'm looking forward to seeing the updated GBs in actual cities. I only have two of the updated GBs built currently, I deleted my level 5 ToB and replaced it with the Winter Spire. I won't hold my breath, but I'm hoping the upgrades to the visuals is just the first step. It would be nice if a few got upgrades to their stats too.

Super Catanian

I'm looking forward to seeing the updated GBs in actual cities. I only have two of the updated GBs built currently, I deleted my level 5 ToB and replaced it with the Winter Spire. I won't hold my breath, but I'm hoping the upgrades to the visuals is just the first step. It would be nice if a few got upgrades to their stats too.
I doubt it, but it would be nice if we could. There have also been a lot of proposals to add new "No Age" buildings as well.

RazorbackPirate

Thanks. I wasn't able to capture both of the images from the animation. No matter what I did, I could only get the old version.

Seeing them side by side, I stand by my original assessment that I felt the new version, especially the front facade and towers, was much more dimensionally accurate. The spire at the center is also more accurate, especially the detail at the base. I like how they extended the ends of the buttresses and added the spires on the tops. I especially like how they pop up from behind, carrying the curve of the apse out of sight. The textures are much more detailed, the stonework is more pronounced than before. Finally, I think the new version looks much more 'grounded' with the addition of side steps, a row of pavers in the front, and especially, the flowers and the trees.

I very much like the new version. I hope it soon gets a comparable stats boost to make it finally worth building.

DeletedUser29623

I’m probably the only one who’ll miss the old ToB. I liked that it looked like a tin souvenir or a Monopoly game piece.

DeletedUser27046

I’m probably the only one who’ll miss the old ToB. I liked that it looked like a tin souvenir or a Monopoly game piece.
Guess we'll be alone togethero_O, it's to bad that we can't choose the style or look that we would rather have in our own cities, as it is with a lot of things, I usually prefer the original or at least original to me, though hard to see, the older version of the watchfire had people moving around inside of it and when collecting on the wishing wells, you got a BLURP !!! out of it, now with the shrink kits and Fountain of youth's, it's just a THUD !! and the same with the upgraded victory towers, but I have been whining about the sound problem for months and no one else say's much about it, so I guess it's just me, the new ToB has some ok new design features, but kind of like the old one, like the new CdM look, ND, eh, either or,,St.Mark, a little like the ToB. One thing about the ToB is the light shade of grey, tends to fade into the surroundings, like the gray half moon of non producing buildings, OH WELL, back to the battle field:mad:

Zatrikon

Sure, the new ToB looks nice, but it no longer looks like the Tower of Babel. The original was based on a classic painting that is pretty famous. The new one looks a few thousand years out of time. Babel was (legendarily) build in Biblical times - Early Old Testament Biblical times. The new design looks like something out of the Renaissance.

Super Catanian

Sure, the new ToB looks nice, but it no longer looks like the Tower of Babel. The original was based on a classic painting that is pretty famous. The new one looks a few thousand years out of time. Babel was (legendarily) build in Biblical times - Early Old Testament Biblical times. The new design looks like something out of the Renaissance.
You're right. What if someone created a proposal to allow players to choose the looks of a GB? Those that prefer the old look can keep it that way; those that like the new look can choose to have it like that.
After all, it's your city; why can't you choose what your buildings look like?

Zatrikon

In general, I like the rest of the GB facelifts. I notice that there are clear architectural changes in St. Mark's Basilica. I don't know if that makes it more or less accurate. The pavers and trees around Notre Dame are a great improvement, but the stained glass windows have been unfortunately de-emphasized. But of course, Notre Dame doesn't matter, since no one builds it anyway. It doesn't matter what it looks like if it's useless.

So... What other GBs need graphical improvement?

RazorbackPirate

You're right. What if someone created a proposal to allow players to choose the looks of a GB? Those that prefer the old look can keep it that way; those that like the new look can choose to have it like that.
After all, it's your city; why can't you choose what your buildings look like?
Propose all you want, but as a realist, I can guarantee that regardless of the results of the proposal here on the forum, and regardless of actually making it to Inno, it will be DOA, headed no where but the trash can, electronic or otherwise.

Not every dream, wish, or idea, needs to be made into a proposal. Save some ammunition for ones that not only have merit, but also have a reasonable chance of being implemented.

DeletedUser38090

The new design looks like something out of the Renaissance.
Gonna have to hard disagree with you right there. The new Tower of Babel is probably based on Babylonian architecture.
XC9zQxA.png

Notice the resemblance the tower has to other preserved Babylonian buildings like the Ishtar Gate:
Ishtar_Gate_at_Berlin_Museum.jpg

The jagged stepped merlons on the walls and ample use of blue on the Tower of Babel look pretty consistent with preserved Mesopotamian architecture.

Super Catanian

Gonna have to hard disagree with you right there. The new Tower of Babel is probably based on Babylonian architecture.
XC9zQxA.png

Notice the resemblance the tower has to other preserved Babylonian buildings like the Ishtar Gate:
Ishtar_Gate_at_Berlin_Museum.jpg

The jagged stepped merlons on the walls and ample use of blue on the Tower of Babel look pretty consistent with preserved Mesopotamian architecture.
I'm gonna have to agree with you. After all, Babel is another name for Babylon.

DeletedUser13838

Babel means "confusion" in Hebrew, and Babylon was the name of the city where it was located, but both names have similar linguistic roots.
The city of Babylon supposedly derived its name from the Akkadian word for "Gateway of the Gods". I wouldn't be surprised if the names/words were related but they are not the same.