• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.147

Super Catanian

I'm not in the VF, but I'm glad that the monk is no longer a useless unit, now that it has the Heat ability. Thanks!!

DeletedUser36624

I wonder if they bothered to fix the wandering die in the Event screen.

qaccy

I'm not in the VF, but I'm glad that the monk is no longer a useless unit, now that it has the Heat ability. Thanks!!

The Warrior Monk always had the Heat ability (as noted in the update, the value simply got increased from 30 to 50%).

Anyway, quite a substantial buff! However, I think this was done more for the game than for us. Monks are now going to be much more troublesome to deal with in areas like GE as it won't be nearly as simple to brute force past them with Rocket Troops as it currently is, and even Ronins will have to contend with that huge defense increase until they've started attacking you, likely going from a 2- to 3-hit kill for many players.

Agent327

You should not comment on things you do not know, or read better. Monk already had "Heat". It is raised from 30 to 50 and the monk still remains totally useless.

Super Catanian

You should not comment on things you do not know, or read better. Monk already had "Heat". It is raised from 30 to 50 and the monk still remains totally useless.
But as mentioned, now it is not as useless; it is now considerably harder to beat, especially in GE.

Agent327

But as mentioned, now it is not as useless; it is now considerably harder to beat, especially in GE.

Again, you are talking about things you know nothing about. Update isn't there yet and you are not in VF, but you already have this great insight????

Super Catanian

Again, you are talking about things you know nothing about. Update isn't there yet and you are not in VF, but you already have this great insight????
I read the forums a lot and battle a lot. I know enough about battles to know when a unit is considered useless and when it isn't. I know that the update isn't there yet, but I am still looking forward to it. So don't say that I know nothing.

RazorbackPirate

I read the forums a lot and battle a lot. I know enough about battles to know when a unit is considered useless and when it isn't. I know that the update isn't there yet, but I am still looking forward to it. So don't say that I know nothing.
You might want to quit while you're behind mijo. Instead of doubling down on something you have no first hand knowledge of, you might want to ask those who do have experience what they think of the pending change. Then after folks have had a chance to use Monks with the new stats for a while, ask for their opinion again.

While on the surface the change seems positive, having never used them myself, I can't claim to know one way or the other. As such I'll listen to what those who have used them have to say. Always best not to defend a position from ignorance.

Super Catanian

You might want to quit while you're behind mijo. Instead of doubling down on something you have no first hand knowledge of, you might want to ask those who do have experience what they think of the pending change. Then after folks have had a chance to use Monks with the new stats for a while, ask for their opinion again.

While on the surface the change seems positive, having never used them myself, I can't claim to know one way or the other. As such I'll listen to what those who have used them have to say. Always best not to defend a position from ignorance.
Nice use of my Mexican slang. I like it.

Thanks tío. Will keep that in mind.

DeletedUser13838

I've never used them but I can see the 400 defense from dug being useful in a defending army under certain circumstances. The only way I can see them being useful as an attacker is if their increased movement allowed them to attack units in round 1. Personally I think they should lose heat and gain close quarters instead.

Agent327

I read the forums a lot and battle a lot. I know enough about battles to know when a unit is considered useless and when it isn't.

So how many VF battles did you fight on GE, to come to your brilliant conclusion?

I know that the update isn't there yet, but I am still looking forward to it. So don't say that I know nothing.

You are looking forward to the update of a unit that is well out of your reach????

You are right. I shouldn't say you know nothing. It is even worse. You think you know something.

Super Catanian

So how many VF battles did you fight on GE, to come to your brilliant conclusion?
I've seen them, and I've seen guides as well.

You are looking forward to the update of a unit that is well out of your reach????
Yes. Same way people look forward to retirement despite being young. It's there, and we will get there eventually.

You are right. I shouldn't say you know nothing. It is even worse. You think you know something.
Or, rather, it's worse that you think that. People can know about space despite the fact that only few have been there. Same in FoE; players can know about features despite not being there.

Toppcatt

They can't even do their Updates on the dates they say they are going to, as today is Tue the 5th, yet I'm still locked out after almost 10 mins, because of the Update going on right now. It's no wonder all of their supposed "fixes" usually end up making things worse, before they finally get it correct the 2nd or 3rd time.

Edit Add-on: Not only are they doing this a day early, they are now doing this a 2nd time, only a few minutes after I finally get back into the game, and are going to totally mess up my Collection times because of them doing this. And this 2nd time, is taking even longer than the 1st time, as it is going on 20 mins now!

Just how long does it take to do an supposed "Update"????
A "short" period of "downtime" my butt!!

What a bunch a of jerks!!

2nd Edit add-on: Now they are doing this stupid so called Update a 3rd time. What kind of morons are doing this stuff, and how many of them do you have there at Inno???

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

They can't even do their Updates on the dates they say they are going to, as today is Tue the 5th, yet I'm still locked out after almost 10 mins, because of the Update going on right now. It's no wonder all of their supposed "fixes" usually end up making things worse, before they finally get it correct the 2nd or 3rd time.

Edit Add-on: Not only are they doing this a day early, they are now doing this a 2nd time, only a few minutes after I finally get back into the game, and are going to totally mess up my Collection times because of them doing this. And this 2nd time, is taking even longer than the 1st time, as it is going on 20 mins now!

Just how long does it take to do an supposed "Update"????
A "short" period of "downtime" my butt!!

What a bunch a of jerks!!

2nd Edit add-on: Now they are doing this stupid so called Update a 3rd time. What kind of morons are doing this stuff, and how many of them do you have there at Inno???
I guess reading is not your strong suit. The information you're complaining about is here.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/database-upgrade.25477/

Look at the bright side. This update gave you something new (well another reason anyway) to complain about. Sorry that Inno's endeavor to make the game better interrupted your ... whatever it interrupted.

DeletedUser

I have cleaned up some off topic posts. Please remember that everyone has a right to their opinion and the right to post it in the Forum as long as they obey the Forum and game rules. Please address the topics. Thanks.

- KQ -

The upgrade took place when I was trying to collect from my Viking Settlement, do some upgrades to it, and put it, and myself to bed for the night. It was kind of a comical endeavor for me since the upgrade seemed to start and stop and I had to redo a couple of things to make them stick.

Next time instead of laughing about it, I'll try and act all butthurt and rant here on the forum ;)

Laissez les bons temps rouler

qaccy

I think Monks could probably use a bit more of a movement increase. 40 isn't quite enough to help them be more offensively threatening. Unless the field is pretty much completely flat, they usually still aren't going to reach the enemy units in their first turn and start putting some damage in. Additionally, their AI seems to still be rather dumb because of their attack range. They often will completely ignore the artillery units in favor of throwing themselves against Ronins and it turns out about as well as you'd expect. I'm not complaining because it's usually me using the Ronins, but the AI certainly doesn't use them very well.

And @Super Catanian try to ignore Agent when he acts condescending (which is quite often actually; check his post history). He usually doesn't add anything helpful to discussions either, just likes to look down his nose at people when he thinks they're wrong. To be honest I'm surprised these forums are so lenient in moderating people who are so overtly hostile to others. Must not be any rules against that, probably just profanity usage and slurs?

DeletedUser30900

And @Super Catanian try to ignore Agent when he acts condescending (which is quite often actually; check his post history). He usually doesn't add anything helpful to discussions either, just likes to look down his nose at people when he thinks they're wrong. To be honest I'm surprised these forums are so lenient in moderating people who are so overtly hostile to others. Must not be any rules against that, probably just profanity usage and slurs?
Really? so you are saying you know how to use an unit of VF just by reading the wiki when you are actually sitting at way lower ages? this guy dont even have the courage to use his real game name for the forum and you are defending him? give me a break.