• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.148

DeletedUser37497

Hey guys!

The update will take place on March 20th.

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please talk to us in this thread or visit us on Facebook! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser13838

Thanks, can you describe this item a bit more?
  • The Spoils of War buff could visually lower when surrendering in a two-wave fight. This has been corrected.

RazorbackPirate

I'm good with it, but I am sure the changes to the Last quest in the Vikings Settlements will cause some consternation. It should be especially fun to watch the complaints from the uninformed who will insist the change is a bug. Good times ahead. Thanks.:)

DeletedUser36624

I'm good with it, but I am sure the changes to the Last quest in the Vikings Settlements will cause some consternation. It should be especially fun to watch the complaints from the uninformed who will insist the change is a bug. Good times ahead. Thanks.:)
I'm good with it. The goods building requirement being lowered should offset the non-sticky diplo requirement.

DeletedUser32824

I'm just going to have to wait 8 more hours for a bunch of willows to build now rather than filling my city with clan totems and deleting them. -_-

DeletedUser37497

Thanks, can you describe this item a bit more?
  • The Spoils of War buff could visually lower when surrendering in a two-wave fight. This has been corrected.
Thanks for your question. The visual counter on the right hand side buff bar would reduce the number of Spoils of War left available from the current collection of the Himeji Castle. So you had, say, 5 left and it would drop to 4 when surrendering in a 2 wave battle. It was a visual issue only, and refreshing corrected it.

DeletedUser13838

Oh I see. I play primarily on mobile so don't see those icons (any chance that gets looked at? :D)

Kesto11

So we now are pretty much forced to wait 8 hours for useless junk to squeeze in beside goods buildings, that are at that point also useless, just to finish the quest to complete a settlement? That's just an 8-hour penalty for no other reason than to make things more challenging, (in this case, pointlessly frustrating).

Inno now wants us to completely tear down and rebuild the settlement for 8 hours, just to click a couple buttons and have it immediately wiped to start over. Seems more like a sadistic punishment than enjoyable entertainment. At least productions for quests in our main city can be done in blacksmiths and only take up a fraction of space, rather than the entire city like settlements.

Fortunately, the Yggdrasil is a really good building, so I need to suffer through this nonsense to get it. But 25 FPs every 1.5 days with little effort from completing the first 5 quests and abandoning the settlement is starting to sound a lot more appealing.

Edit: I have seen the light and it is possible to complete the new quest requirements using 8 additional expansions without relying on 8-hour buildings like Willows or Clan Houses. I no longer agree with my above statements, except for the inconvenience of constant rebuilding :p

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

Thanks for your question. The visual counter on the right hand side buff bar would reduce the number of Spoils of War left available from the current collection of the Himeji Castle. So you had, say, 5 left and it would drop to 4 when surrendering in a 2 wave battle. It was a visual issue only, and refreshing corrected it.

Do you know if the counter will be available on mobile anytime soon?

DeletedUser37581

So we now are pretty much forced to wait 8 hours for useless junk to squeeze in beside goods buildings, that are at that point also useless, just to finish the quest to complete a settlement? That's just an 8-hour penalty for no other reason than to make things more challenging, (in this case, pointlessly frustrating).

Inno now wants us to completely tear down and rebuild the settlement for 8 hours, just to click a couple buttons and have it immediately wiped to start over. Seems more like a sadistic punishment than enjoyable entertainment. At least productions for quests in our main city can be done in blacksmiths and only take up a fraction of space, rather than the entire city like settlements.

Unfortunately, the Yggdrasil is a really good building, so I need to suffer through this nonsense to get it. But 25 FPs every 1.5 days with little effort from completing the first 5 quests and abandoning the settlement is starting to sound a lot more appealing.
It will be quite possible to finish the final quest using Clan Totems which only require an hour to build.

RazorbackPirate

I don't know what everyone is fretting about. I'm on my 6th Settlement and I've finished all prior Settlements with 2-3 days to spare before the first timer expires. Every one of my Settlements have had fully built Old Willows, Mead Halls, and Good buildings all running with copper in the bank. Not sure why folks can't manage to build a complete settlement. I'm looking forward to the change just to hear the frustration that will emanate from the likes of @Kesto11.

Waaah!!! It's so hard, make it easier, Inno sucks. You know, same old, same old.

Algona

I don't know what everyone is fretting about.

It's another test for arithmetically challenged folk like this one:

So we now are pretty much forced to wait 8 hours for useless junk to squeeze in beside goods buildings, that are at that point also useless, just to finish the quest to complete a settlement?

Wrong, wrong, wrong. In much less time then it took you to post your self pity party ('suffering'? Really?) you could have done the arithmetic.

But I guess the knee jerk assumption that you are being screwed is more satisfying and easier then actually seeing if you are screwed, huh? That work well for you in the real world?

A 12 Expansion Settlement will have room for the Embassy, Housing, Goods Buildings, and the Totems needed to complete the final Quest with up to 13 tiles to spare depending on Impediments.

DeletedUser35550

Nobody is forcing anyone to play the entire quest line - I just play the first 5 to get 25 FPs every other day

Kesto11

It's another test for arithmetically challenged folk like this one:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. In much less time then it took you to post your self pity party ('suffering'? Really?) you could have done the arithmetic.

But I guess the knee jerk assumption that you are being screwed is more satisfying and easier then actually seeing if you are screwed, huh? That work well for you in the real world?

A 12 Expansion Settlement will have room for the Embassy, Housing, Goods Buildings, and the Totems needed to complete the final Quest with up to 13 tiles to spare depending on Impediments.

I will try to be courteous while others who know nothing about me sit back and try to insult my intelligence.

12 expansions is not mathematically efficient nor necessary to complete settlements in 9-11 days, which is what I have averaged through 6 settlements, and I am about to complete my 7th in hopefully less than that. I typically build 7-9 expansions, because more than that can slow completion time considerably. I prefer efficiency so it frustrates me when something is changed that hampers productivity without good reason. 8 hour building requirements mean 8 hours of no production.

In the real world, people do not appreciate it when things are abruptly and unnecessarily made more difficult for them. That's why people switch jobs and get promotions instead of flipping burgers at minimum wage their entire lives for a company that doesn't care much about them.

Do you have some data to offer that shows building 12 expansions is the most efficient way to finish a settlement? Everything I have read shows the sweet spot is between 7-10, and have yet to encounter any evidence to the contrary.

Edit: I believe I mistakenly interpreted your 12 expansion statement as meaning 12 additional expansions to the starting set, but now think you mean 12 total, which we agree on.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36624

12 expansions is not mathematically efficient nor necessary to complete settlements in 9-11 days, which is what I have averaged through 6 settlements, and I am about to complete my 7th in hopefully less than that. I typically build 7-9 expansions, because more than that can slow completion time considerably.

Buying 8 expansions means a settlement of 12 expansions total. Everybody here is on the same page.

For me, old willows take the place of marketplaces (all needed coins are gathered) as soon as they are researched. They build while the goods buildings are churning out the last goods to research mead hall. With the goods buildings requirement lowered to 4, finishing at the end will be easy peasy.

Super Catanian

It's kind of funny to think about prior to this update, when completing that final quest was "easier".
Your job as the thane of the settlement was to help the Vikings prosper.
But right before making the settlement become self-sufficient, they would tear down the settlement and rebuild it, then proceed to leave.
Hmmm...

DeletedUser

That's just an 8-hour penalty for no other reason than to make things more challenging, (in this case, pointlessly frustrating).
First, as @Roxana 1184 the Wise points out, played efficiently it shouldn't take 8 hours longer. Second, if you carefully read the announcement, it was not intended that we should be able to delete the Diplomacy buildings and still get credit for them. This is a fix for an unintended result.

Kesto11

Buying 8 expansions means a settlement of 12 expansions total. Everybody here is on the same page.

For me, old willows take the place of marketplaces (all needed coins are gathered) as soon as they are researched. They build while the goods buildings are churning out the last goods to research mead hall. With the goods buildings requirement lowered to 4, finishing at the end will be easy peasy.

It is not possible to simultaneously complete 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods buildings with 12 total 4x4 plots while using only 50 clan totems.

12 4x4 squares= 192 squares excluding impediments.

For 6 goods buildings, that is at minimum 54 squares, 72 squares, or 90 squares, depending on goods buildings used.
Embasy is 12 squares.
For 6 3x3 goods buildings, that requires 270 population, which is 5 huts. Mead Brewery requires 216 population, 4 huts. For Wool Farms, 3 huts.
Need 50 clan totems requiring 100 squares for 1200 diplomacy.

So for 6 3x3 goods buildings + 1200 diplomacy :
54 squares from goods
12 Embassy squares
45 Huts squares
100 Clan totems squares

Total= 211
Total squares for 12 4x4 pots is 192. Without willows, this requires 14 total 4x4 plots (10 additional expansions)

Total for 6 Mead Breweries = 220 squares. Requires 14 total plots (10 expansions).

Total for 6 Wool Farms = 229. Requires 15 total plots (11 expansions).

Alternatively with Old Willows:
54 squares from goods
12 Embassy
45 Huts
72 Willows (12 Willows, or less with combination of other diplomacy buildings, or bare minimum 68 squares with 11 Willows and 2 Runestones)

Total= 183, 179 bare minimum theoretically. So it is theoretically possible with Willows provided impediments do not hinder this production.

Conclusion: It is very unlikely that simultaneous 6 goods buildings and 1200 diplomacy would be achievable in 12 4x4 plots even using willows. However, using willows requires 8 hours of dead time with no production. That is 7 additional hours compared to the hour required to build clan totems.

Per new requirements of 4 goods buildings + 1200 diplomacy:

36 from goods
12 Embassy
36 Huts
100 from Clan Totems or 72 from Willows

Total= 184 with Totems excluding complications from impediments and all roads. Theoretically possible with Totems but unlikely with 12 4x4 plots (Again 192 spaces). But that might actually be physically impossible if I took the time to look at how that would work out on the actual grid. 156 spaces with Willows.

I am not sure previous posters were referring to 12 total 4x4 plots, but am inclined to believe they were referring to 12 additional expansions for a total of 16 plots. Regardless, given the ability to build diplomacy to satisfy the quest requirement, then tear down quickly and build 6 goods buildings, means a difference of at least 7 hours once the change is made to require simultaneous completion. This would likely be a higher real increase due to the additional space requirements for additional expansions.

First, as @Roxana 1184 the Wise points out, played efficiently it shouldn't take 8 hours longer. Second, if you carefully read the announcement, it was not intended that we should be able to delete the Diplomacy buildings and still get credit for them. This is a fix for an unintended result.

Willows aren't efficient because they require an additional 7 hours to build, whereas currently the clan totems get the job done and only take one hour.

I realize this is a fix for a faulty release.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36624

Alternatively with Old Willows:
54 squares from goods
12 Embassy
45 Huts
72 Willows (12 Willows, or less with combination of other diplomacy buildings, or bare minimum 68 squares with 11 Willows and 2 Runestones)

Total= 183, 179 bare minimum theoretically. So it is theoretically possible with Willows provided impediments do not hinder this production.

Conclusion: It is very unlikely that simultaneous 6 goods buildings and 1200 diplomacy would be achievable in 12 4x4 plots even using willows. However, using willows requires 8 hours of dead time with no production. That is 7 additional hours compared to the hour required to build clan totems.

Use clan houses and build willows while the goods buildings are finishing the goods to research mead hall. No down time.