• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.148

DeletedUser36145

So, the diplomacy is fixed, but what about the ability to build one goods building, delete, build the next?
That was possible last week, when I finished my settlement, so if it goes on, the above argument is pointless, as one needs free space for only one goods building, a 3x3 patch of land.

DeletedUser

That is what I meant by sprinting and backtracking, since roughly 300 goods are still needed to be produced after unlocking Clan Houses, and the majority of these are likely not Wool.
I don't see how you call that backtracking. The alternative would be to just sell those unneeded goods buildings and do what with the space? You have to at least start a Clan House anyway to fulfill that quest, so the space is there. Why delete goods buildings, start a Clan House, delete it, and then wait another hour (assuming it's convenient to be back on in an hour) for a goods building to finish? That's backtracking. Why not just wait the 8 hours for the Clan House to finish, delete 2 or 3 Huts, and then either build a goods building or start on the Diplomacy buildings?

Bottom line here is that you are arguing (and have been for two pages) that this change makes things harder, and not only do you not listen to any other opinion, but you haven't even tried to do it differently yet. You don't actually know if it will be harder. I have actually finished 2 or 3 Settlements just in the last few days by having the 1200 Diplomacy still standing with the 6 goods buildings started, to complete the last quest. IT DIDN'T TAKE ANY LONGER. And the fact that I used the Clan House strategically made a big difference. So why don't you wait to argue your solo point any further until you've actually tried under the new rules?
So, the diplomacy is fixed, but what about the ability to build one goods building, delete, build the next?
That was possible last week, when I finished my settlement, so if it goes on, the above argument is pointless, as one needs free space for only one goods building, a 3x3 patch of land.
That's a good question, and the Changelog doesn't say whether that changed. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Either way, with the goods building requirement being lowered, it more than offsets the need to have the Diplomacy buildings still standing, in my experience. As I've stated, I recently finished 2 or 3 Settlements with 6 goods buildings standing along with 1200 Diplomacy still standing, also, and it didn't take any longer than the build/sell/build method at the end that I had been using.

RazorbackPirate

It only works that way on the EN server. On the US server, it requires all 6 (soon to be 4) goods buildings to be there at the same time. Since you're on the EN server, you should go there to see what, if any, changes will be happening there. I'm curious to know if they'll be making the same change there as well.

Kesto11

I don't see how you call that backtracking. The alternative would be to just sell those unneeded goods buildings and do what with the space? You have to at least start a Clan House anyway to fulfill that quest, so the space is there. Why delete goods buildings, start a Clan House, delete it, and then wait another hour (assuming it's convenient to be back on in an hour) for a goods building to finish? That's backtracking. Why not just wait the 8 hours for the Clan House to finish, delete 2 or 3 Huts, and then either build a goods building or start on the Diplomacy buildings?

II called it backtracking because you have to continue to produce previous goods besides Wool if you unlock Clan Houses before having all total goods already produced. I think you misunderstood my method. Through nearly 7 settlements on the same city (completed within 9-11 days with 2-4 days to spare), I have produced all total goods needed besides Wool before unlocking it. Once all wool is produced, I delete everything except for the necessary huts and build the required Totems for 1200 diplomacy. After waiting one hour for clan totems to complete, I complete the rest of the techs and the rest of the quests in a couple minutes since I don't need to wait for anything to complete anymore. There is no backtracking since I don't need any of the buildings to actually complete at the end. Everything is prepared in advance.

Not only do you not listen to any other opinion, but you haven't even tried to do it differently yet. You don't actually know if it will be harder.

I have already stated that I have changed my position on the ability to complete settlements in roughly the same amount of time with the new rules. I have thanked another player for some details, and then asked you clarifying questions to better understand your strategy. So clearly I have listened and updated my thinking.

IT DIDN'T TAKE ANY LONGER. And the fact that I used the Clan House strategically made a big difference.

All caps? I am simply asking how many extra goods can be produced after planting a clan house (compared to sticking to huts) since the cost of such is basically 10 goods from an 8 hour production.

DeletedUser36145

It only works that way on the EN server. On the US server, it requires all 6 (soon to be 4) goods buildings to be there at the same time. Since you're on the EN server, you should go there to see what, if any, changes will be happening there. I'm curious to know if they'll be making the same change there as well.

That is not correct. It works just fine on the US server. I play there (F world) and have done it. Don't know nothing about UK server.

DeletedUser36145

I tried it, after reading here, and it worked. I hope, I will be able to finish my current settlement before the changelog takes place on 20th, so I can try again. Will try a savescreen too, but I play only on mobile and don't know how to do that.

DeletedUser36624

I have tested building 6 goods buildings and then deleting one. I haven't tried starting from 0 and building/deleting one by one. Unfortunately, I have just started a settlement and won't finish in time to test before the update.

BruteForceAttack

Or W, or R. I'd like to see if anyone else playing on F can confirm or deny this behavior on F world since @ivjordan is the first and only person to report this behavior on a US server. Also be interested to see if it remains different (if in fact it is now) after the update.

Also like to see if anyone that plays in en to confirm the behavior. Only place I have seen it working is foehints video, but he did it on beta.

RazorbackPirate

I have tested building 6 goods buildings and then deleting one. I haven't tried starting from 0 and building/deleting one by one. Unfortunately, I have just started a settlement and won't finish in time to test before the update.
I may sneak in under the wire to give it another try. You now have me curious to know if starting from 0 Goods buildings is the key.

DeletedUser36145

Yes, I have started from zero and had all the diplomacy buildings in place. Built 6 wool farms one after the other and after each checked the quest progress before deleting.

DeletedUser

I may sneak in under the wire to give it another try. You now have me curious to know if starting from 0 Goods buildings is the key.
It may be, because I have done it a couple of times. I don't remember which worlds, but I play on S, T, V, X and Y, and I do Settlements on all of them.

qaccy

The interesting thing to me is that the requirement for goods buildings is being lowered from 6 to 4. If the intent was always to have both requirements met simultaneously, why not keep it at 6 goods buildings? What caused Inno to essentially make the quest easier than it originally was, or was at least intended to be?

DeletedUser37617

Wow... this is looking *not* exciting! Of course there is still a problem space-wise for those like me who don't get all their expansions (or try to do it with as few expansions as possible). I liked it the way it was, though I do agree that tearing everything down at the end and leaving your settlement like that is rather corny, I was fine with that. :p I also am not a huge fan of all the math that has to go into this in order to know the exact amount of expansions you have to have etc, though I suppose after a while I will learn it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesto11

I've always done it by unlocking 9 or 10. I expect 9 will be the norm moving forward.

9-10 additional expansions does provide extra wiggle room. I am going to try buying expansions 7-10 with Wool this time and getting a Clan House or two down on my 8th settlement. Previously with expansions I went 2 axe, 2 mead, then 4-6 with horns and never bothered with clan houses. Finished the 7th settlement in under 9 days without diamonds. Hoping I might be able to get to under 8 days this time.

RazorbackPirate

I won't be able to finish my current Settlements before tomorrow's update, but I have no doubt I'll still be able to finish well withing the deadline.

DeletedUser36145

I have figured out the mystery with "one goods building" in the end of the questline.
Works only from 0 to 1. If you already have one, than build a second one and delete the second, the counter goes back to one. But if you have none, than build and delete, the counter stays on one, than two, etc. You just have to stick to only one building at a time. The second one spoils the trick.
Please, someone, report how it behaves after the update tomorrow!
Thanks in advance!

RazorbackPirate

I have figured out the mystery with "one goods building" in the end of the questline.
Works only from 0 to 1. If you already have one, than build a second one and delete the second, the counter goes back to one. But if you have none, than build and delete, the counter stays on one, than two, etc. You just have to stick to only one building at a time. The second one spoils the trick.
Please, someone, report how it behaves after the update tomorrow!
Thanks in advance!
Hopefully, this flaw is also fixed, but I will certainly give it a try. If it's still works that way, I'll report it as a bug. In my other Settlement, I'll try the 1,200 Diplomacy from zero and see what happens there too.