• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

ODragon

The first productions should always be 4 hours. You want to get expansions out right away and waiting 4 extra hours instead of placing 2 expansions immediately (assuming you did build 2 ax smiths at the beginning) will put you behind at the very start. Restarting the settlement over will also make it take even longer because you’ll have to wait 24 hours to start a new one. I don’t think that’s worth the bonus goods you may or may not get from resetting.

I'd say your first production should be what makes the most sense to how one wants to play. If I get the axe going before bedtime, I'm doing 2x8 hours. If it is when I can collect, I'll 2x4. There really isn't a wrong answer.

One axe might be a mistake. I failed gold on run 20 because I literally couldn't fit a second axe due to rocks. I'm going to blame it on that!

Last edited:

Emberguard

The first productions should always be 4 hours. You want to get expansions out right away and waiting 4 extra hours instead of placing 2 expansions immediately (assuming you did build 2 ax smiths at the beginning) will put you behind at the very start. Restarting the settlement over will also make it take even longer because you’ll have to wait 24 hours to start a new one. I don’t think that’s worth the bonus goods you may or may not get from resetting.

And if you do get bonus goods from the first 4 hour production run, you’ll have a strong start to keep your goods flowing too. Expansions are the most important part to a fast completion. The more you have and the faster you get them, will determine how fast you can complete a settlement.

The point they made was assuming you get the x4 extra goods first try and restarting the settlement until you get the % hit at the start

2 axes set to 4-hr gives you 5 + 20 = 25 goods
2 axes set to 8-hr gives you 10 + 40 = 50 goods

Saving 4 hrs right at the start isn’t going to make much of a difference if the plan is to keep restarting the settlement until getting that x4 hit. Getting the x4 on a 8 hr production right at the start would make a world of difference for the final result.

If you’re not restarting and just going with whatever hand dealt then I agree 4hr at the start on two axes is a good idea,

ODragon

2 axes set to 8-hr gives you 10 + 40 = 50 goods

Right, this is Shrines opened (10 Axes), Mead open (34 Axes) and 1 or 2 expansions (1 or 6 Axes).

Personally, when I hit this, I place one expansion immediately, lose both the axes, placing a Mead Brewery and depending on where I need the goods as a whole, determine if I open a second expansion.

On the one I got last night, I need 274 Axes vs needing 178 Mead and 97 Axe vs 24 Mead to open Hut and Beast Hunter. It seems to me to make more sense to keep those 5 extra Axes to reduce what I need rather than just spend them on expansions. Yes, they are the most important but it is also a balancing issue. I feel like getting beast running is more important than 1 expansion early.

Algona

The first productions should always be 4 hours.

Well that kinda disagrees with your next statement.

You want to get expansions out right away

If I get 50 Axes I get 2 Expansions,unlock Shrines and Mead and get the Mead Expansions even faster. If I miss I restart.

Restarting the settlement over will also make it take even longer because you’ll have to wait 24 hours to start a new one.

One city, 15 iterations, every one cleared 9 Fragments by more then a day except iteration 14 which had awful impediments. that finished with 8 hours left.

As I stated very early after Settlements debuted, I was doing them in my experimental city to see what it was like. I decided early on that they were not enjoyable, I was grinding through them for Ygg and so I could give advice on how to do Settlements to Guildies. .

Which is the only reason I'm tackling iteration 16. To learn how to do it with the changed Final Quest.

Much like some other aspects of the game (GE, I'm looking at you) I don't enjoy the process, just the Rewards. The gambit start vastly increases the likelihood of finishing on time given how much time I was willing to commit to durdling in my Settlement.

It is impressive as hell you;ve knocked off 24 iterations and as far as I have read here in the forum a record, so obviously your advice should be heeded, but I want it done with the absolute least amount of my time as possible in the Settlement and this gambit fits me to a 'T'.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I'm a few hours away from completing my 13th settlement in my HMA city, the first complete settlement since the update changes. This time through, I've had about everything stacked against me. A crazy impediment layout that made efficient layout impossible, and 4x productions performed well below expectations. With all that, I'll still finish under the first timer, although it will be with only a few hours to spare.

This one has been far too dependent on luck for my liking, but if anything, the shorter build time for the Clan House gave me just the breathing room I needed. A bit too close for comfort, but happy to take the win.

DeletedUser30312

I'm a few hours away from completing my 13th settlement in my HMA city, the first complete settlement since the update changes. This time through, I've had about everything stacked against me. A crazy impediment layout that made efficient layout impossible, and 4x productions performed well below expectations. With all that, I'll still finish under the first timer, although it will be with only a few hours to spare.

This one has been far too dependent on luck for my liking, but if anything, the shorter build time for the Clan House gave me just the breathing room I needed. A bit too close for comfort, but happy to take the win.

Anything like the impediment trolling I just got on Parkog?

impediment.jpg

Oh sure, the starting area's all clear, but the game decided to plunk down some really nasty impediments where most of the room to expand is. I mean, there's some room up above the starting area and to the right, but that's only 6 expansions. I think I'll bite the bullet and eventually push through the one on the lower left, that's the least bad option I can see. At least I'm not worried about the time on this one.

You know what would be really "fun"? One of the 2 tile impediments smack in the middle of one of the 4 starting expansions, and each of the first 8 starting expansions having the remaining impediments in the middle too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this was an intended aspect of the changes, but before these changes I missed time only once in over 3 dozen excursions; whereas, after these changes I've only made time once in 6 excursions.

I haven't begun any first-time Viking Settlement excursions since the changes, so near as I can tell the missed time seems largely a combination of elements at later stages, like the greatly increased goods requirements. It hasn't been a matter of balancing the timing of goods buildings placement.

DeletedUser40618

I find that clan houses still slow you down too much. I skipped them completely this last run with 1 day and 19 1/2 hours to spare. By the time I unlock them, I’m finished with the settlement in less than 24 hours so I won’t even collect from them if they’re built.

I do make use of the old willow now. Once I have all the coins I need for goods production, I’ll sell all the markets and shrines to build them. This sets me up to have all the goods buildings I need for the end.

DeletedUser30312

You tell me? 1:58 left on my last production. 4:50 left on the clock. That close.

View attachment 13836

That one looks pretty nasty too, though it's a little hard to tell with all the buildings on the map. I probably would have gone for those clear expansions on the left side. But that's pretty much why I haven't been enjoying the feature very much. And the randomness of the x4 multiplier as well.

Algona

I don't know if this was an intended aspect of the changes, but before these changes I missed time only once in over 3 dozen excursions; whereas, after these changes I've only made time once in 6 excursions.

I haven't begun any first-time Viking Settlement excursions since the changes, so near as I can tell the missed time seems largely a combination of elements at later stages, like the greatly increased goods requirements. It hasn't been a matter of balancing the timing of goods buildings placement.

It's always 938 Goods. Each tech always costs 10 34 52 69 86 103 120 137 155 172 Goods

I did exactly one after the changes. Missed by 2 hours but was OOG for the majority of a day. Good poker party.

Recommend you ask for advice, there are folks already doing revised Settlements successfully.

DeletedUser37581

It's always 938 Goods. Each tech always costs 10 34 52 69 86 103 120 137 155 172 Goods

I did exactly one after the changes. Missed by 2 hours but was OOG for the majority of a day. Good poker party.

Recommend you ask for advice, there are folks already doing revised Settlements successfully.
The goods requirement has increased because the final quest now requires 10 of each good. Therefore, instead of a total of 938 goods, it is needed to produce 978 goods.

Algona

The goods requirement has increased because the final quest now requires 10 of each good. Therefore, instead of a total of 938 goods, it is needed to produce 978 goods.

Agreed My mistake, glurge said 'greatly increased. I didn't think 4.5% was great I thought he meant the amount of Goods increased with each iteration.

I know the first 2 misses were from being caught at critical last stages when the change occurred, but I've put in the roughly the same time as always, just with different results. Not that there hasn't been 'built-in' variety anyway - I've previously finished as much as 5 days early, and rarely gone to the last day, let alone down to the wire. And I'm sure Inno has heard from others and is aware - I just thought I'd add my experiences to the mix.

Maybe the Inno gods have just worked against me more of late re: impediments, juggling of specific goods requirements at specific times, and the x4 percentage pop-ups. I was just surprised to see had great the change was for me, now that I'm close to completing the Ygg trees.

DeletedUser37581

The change to the final quest will, at most, add only 9 hours to the completion of the settlement. Of course, with careful preparation, it can be possible to finish in about the same amount of time as previously.

It should also be taken into account that the time for completing each settlement within the earliest time frame keeps decreasing - and the increase in the bonus percentage is not proportionate.