• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

- KQ -

Regardless of what was or wasn't originally posted, I appreciate the clarification. I'm glad for the overall improvements as well and also for the retro bump to my Greater Runestone upgrades. More would have been nice, but half a loaf is better than none ;)

Lothar123

Regardless of what was or wasn't originally posted, I appreciate the clarification. I'm glad for the overall improvements as well and also for the retro bump to my Greater Runestone upgrades. More would have been nice, but half a loaf is better than none ;)
Agreed on all counts.

DeletedUser33179

My only complaint to Inno is that there was not a forum post in the beta forum about the 1.154 update. It looks like beta is actually on 1.155 and there is not a forum post on it either. I had halted after my 9th settlement in beta and had no idea these substantial changes had been made. ...

You're not looking in all the right places on beta forum for finding all such info.

The subforum of "Announcements" will list each "Full Changelog ## (reference)" - those threads are created only after Inno decides exactly which daily beta changes will go into the next soon-to-be-live Changelog. Additionally, forum staff may be bit slow yo create those threads. Thus, sometimes those threads are put out timely, other times there's bit of delay. If you only ever look there, you'll miss alot that's currently being modified in beta game (& eventually to go live).

However, there's a second location with important info. In the Announcements subforum there's a single sub-subforum at the top - "Daily Changelogs". There's a thread for each week's ongoing daily beta game changes (with a link to the corresponding "feedback" subforum thread, where betas discuss (or whine) about the changes) - this is updated each day by staff. All those areas are where you need to look if you want to stay on top of all potential changes.

DeletedUser39797

Personally, I'm fine with the Virgo not being used on PvP. For me, I don't want it being used on that because I can already easily defeat my neighbors, so it would be a waste of the effect. Much more useful for continent main 2 age ahead or for GE level 4

DeletedUser13838

I built Virgo expecting it wouldn't work in pvp to begin with. Still, if they are removing a significant part of is usefulness I'd exit that they'd compensate for it somehow by boosting the 2nd effect to be more than a number of coins which aren't even a rounding error.

Rabbi.

I have been playing the game since 2012 so I have seen lots of changes and improvements. I must say that I enjoy the game and still could complain about many things but I am not going to do it because I understand that most decisions are quite difficult when it comes to a game like FoE.

I do understand the frustration of those who built the Mars GBs, though. It is never nice to change something after people have pursued it and spent time and resources. I remember it happened long ago with CdM and CoA, they were heavily nerfed and we all received vouchers to autolevel one level instantly any of them anytime we wanted. Most already forgot that... and the game has been better and better.

We all wish the game to become something different, we all have something different in mind, but it is up to the developers and owners of Inno to decide. I may stop playing someday, that is for sure, but not over a GB change or some nerfing or unfair rewards... I would only stop playing once the game is not exciting anymore and as of today I still play daily in four worlds but mostly Cirgard.

I will agree that Mars is hard and has not meaning at all. For me, beyond the fact that I like to be on top of Tech and Continental map everytime, is just another era/age to complete. Once I complete it I continue farming troops, goods and FPs and planning in advance the new era/age to come. The only thing I pursue is expansions and FPs, shrinking kits are the only thing providing expansions right now (indirectly of course) and FPs I am trying to get to 1000 FPs a day to take my GBs to 100 level... once I get there I may reconsider things lol.

RazorbackPirate

I do understand the frustration of those who built the Mars GBs, though. It is never nice to change something after people have pursued it and spent time and resources.
What's funny though, is we've yet to hear from someone who actually built Virgo Project without understanding the pending nerf. Everyone who's posted seems to be butt hurt on behalf of this mythical player who somehow got deceived.

There's over a dozen Virgo Projects in my guild and no one has said a word about the pending nerf, and yes, they all know it's coming.

Advanced players capable of chasing down and leveling a brand new GB on the day of it's release are not clueless. No one's been duped by the nerf. Everyone who's built VP so far knows exactly what's going on and built it knowing exactly what's going on.

DeletedUser30791

You're not looking in all the right places on beta forum for finding all such info.

The subforum of "Announcements" will list each "Full Changelog ## (reference)" - those threads are created only after Inno decides exactly which daily beta changes will go into the next soon-to-be-live Changelog. Additionally, forum staff may be bit slow yo create those threads. Thus, sometimes those threads are put out timely, other times there's bit of delay. If you only ever look there, you'll miss alot that's currently being modified in beta game (& eventually to go live).

However, there's a second location with important info. In the Announcements subforum there's a single sub-subforum at the top - "Daily Changelogs". There's a thread for each week's ongoing daily beta game changes (with a link to the corresponding "feedback" subforum thread, where betas discuss (or whine) about the changes) - this is updated each day by staff. All those areas are where you need to look if you want to stay on top of all potential changes.
Found it. Thanks.

qaccy

The original language was "Lastly, we have adjusted the build times for all of the Cultural Goods buildings so they are all take a maximum of 4 hours to build." I copied and pasted it--I did NOT retype it--in my post above. When subsequent posts noted the wording difference, I went back to the tab in which I had the original announcement open and confirmed that it referred to Cultural Goods buildings, not Cultural Settlement buildings. I clicked "refresh" and watched the wording change.

The wording did not change. Posts in this forum have a tag in the lower-right corner if they're edited, to indicate as such (feel free to check the announcement for the Soccer Event to verify this). If that tag isn't there, the post hasn't been changed. There's a slight exception in that a post can be edited shortly after posting and not receive the tag (I think it's 5 minutes), but based on the time of your posts that was certainly not the case here. Just wanted to clear that up!

Lothar123

The wording did not change. Posts in this forum have a tag in the lower-right corner if they're edited, to indicate as such (feel free to check the announcement for the Soccer Event to verify this). If that tag isn't there, the post hasn't been changed. There's a slight exception in that a post can be edited shortly after posting and not receive the tag (I think it's 5 minutes), but based on the time of your posts that was certainly not the case here. Just wanted to clear that up!
As I already explained, the language changed. I posted maybe a day after opening and reading the message--my guild and I (speaking of which: hi, Qaccy!) had spent the day discussing what Inno meant when it announced that the construction time for cultural goods buildings was being adjusted to a maximum of four times the current construction time--and I finally decided to post here to seek clarification. Your explanation that there is a brief period of time during which an edit tag would not appear is something I didn't know and seems to explain how the language changed without an edit tag.

In any case, there's no point to arguing this further. The language is now correct, makes sense, and answers my question. I appreciate the clarification.

Agent327

I built Virgo expecting it wouldn't work in pvp to begin with. Still, if they are removing a significant part of is usefulness I'd exit that they'd compensate for it somehow by boosting the 2nd effect to be more than a number of coins which aren't even a rounding error.

Not going to happen.

I do understand the frustration of those who built the Mars GBs, though. It is never nice to change something after people have pursued it and spent time and resources. I remember it happened long ago with CdM and CoA, they were heavily nerfed and we all received vouchers to autolevel one level instantly any of them anytime we wanted. Most already forgot that... and the game has been better and better.

Bad comparison. Where Virgo is concerned, players were warned beforehand. CdM and CoA were nerfed after a couple of years.

vickson

if the update drops while i am in the middle of a settlement, will the reward and final quest change? or will it take effect the next time i start a settlement. also does anyone know the exact number of goods needed for the new final quest. I ask because i want to wait until after the update drops to complete my current settlement.

RazorbackPirate

if the update drops while i am in the middle of a settlement, will the reward and final quest change? or will it take effect the next time i start a settlement. also does anyone know the exact number of goods needed for the new final quest. I ask because i want to wait until after the update drops to complete my current settlement.
Yes. If you time it correctly, you can collect the 20 FP reward from Quest 5, have it update, then grab 20 more FPs from completing quest 10.

The final quest will be adjusted to be, 'Collect 10 of each cultural good' and 'Collect 2,800 copper coins'.

RazorbackPirate

Will it still require attaining a certain level of diplomacy?
No. You'll still need 1,000 to unlock Mead Hall, but once that's done, you'll not face a Diplomacy requirement again. Once you've built a Mead Hall, which you can delete if you choose, you'll just need to produce 10 of each cultural good and 2,800 copper coins.

Once you drop the Mead Hall, no matter what you do, you've got 4 - 8 hours left to produce the goods. Without diamonds, there's no way to speed that up.

Since that's the case, there's no reason why you shouldn't just let everything build while you're waiting for goods and leave a built Settlement at the end. Since it won't make a difference one way or another, might as well.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37581

Just to clarify:

index.php

DeletedUser

I understand that Inno works on some new development.
Rest assured that it's greatly needed.
Until now Space age Mars is a complete dissapointment.
And the Viking settlement is just another way to bore us to death by repeating the same old same for 15 times
I will try to post my reply 15 times, let's see how you like that

DeletedUser9477

I have my VP @ level 39, and will likely continue it a few more levels, but interest in goods for it have slowed considerably. since the nerf. Personally, while it looks cool and is fun for the 3 tries you get, any knowledgeable player knew this was a Lotus like dud from the beginning.....3-4 tries to kill half of anything once per day is pretty much like peeing into a hurricane. The Star Gazer was the better of the 2. IMO the VP should have no supplies and FPs like the Kraken and interest in the product will soar. Everyone will have a VP then, whereas I am hearing many are passing on this. I am sure Inno has the data so why not energize the product. A shame for all that development to be sitting on the shelf like the Capitol, or the ND or the Lotus.

Love the Viking upgrades...keep up the good work Inno!