• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser34124

Seriously?.. thanks for squashing my completing of this round on the Viking Settlement. I actually was about to complete a round of vikings within the time limit set for the first reward chest, ...and as I unlocked the final building with an hour to spare, knowing all I had to do now was make sure I had 5 goods buildings and increase my diplomacy to 1200...which would have taken a few minutes... I find that I have another round of 8 hr productions to do?!? that you just decided to add without notice overnight...W T Heck Inno? You can't change rules on people in midstream! If you want to make those changes, you do it so that it occurs when folks start a new settlement, not within inches of the finish line.

DeletedUser40477

I have mixed feelings on the +3 free fragments, for reference I'm working on Settlement #14.

On the plus side, I was just gifted my 2nd Level 5 Greater Rune Stone! YAY!
On the minus side, it will be almost impossible for me to get a 3rd L5GRS. Booooo!
On the plus side, that completely removes the time pressure for me on the final two Settlements YAY!

In 20/20 hindsight, waiting to do the Viking Settlement until now was probably the right thing to do. I think it will be interesting to see how many more people actually complete the Settlement's now. In my guild, a few people are asking for tips on how to do it, as the movement of the 20 FP prize has had the desired impact.

Perhaps not in a positive way though. It's not "Hurray! I'll do the Settlements now!" It's more "Sigh, how do you do this?"

floating spirit

More shame on you and those others for not reading the announcement. The moment you want to complain you have no problem finding this forum, so what stopped you from reading the announcement?
Until today when checked prints and imformation it had said nothing about not being able to be used on PVP .Glad havent bought goods for it and only out the 1000+ FPs took to get prints .Just another INNO jab with no kiss after

DeletedUser13838

It would actually.

A player may have accidentally deleted fragments. Or they may have had a combination of 6’s, 2’s and 1’s.

It’s impossible to know with a user that has 12 fragments and 15 settlements whether to give based on
6 fragments x 2 settlements = 9 x 2 = 18 - 12 = 6 fragments
1 fragment x 12 settlements = 2 x 12 = 24 - 12 = 12 fragments
Or any other combination
Did Inno actually say they don't track progress is that just conjecture? They obviously track completed settlements and considering all the pointless stats they track for achievements (like the number of road tiles), tracking the number of golds, silvers etc. doesn't seem as pointless. In other threads we're told how Inno has all this data to track how we play yet the same people say they don't track this? Would be very surprising if this were the case.

DeletedUser40495

Ok, this is a good update overall. It solved a few key problems, but there are some things that don’t make much sense. One thing I like is that it removes the option to just use the settlement to get extra FP from quest 5 before abandoning the settlement and doing it again. Kudos to the people that figured out that it was possible to do this, and it was a great plan, but I personally thought that it cheapened the purpose of the settlement (but I know plenty of people who disagree). Inno closed that loophole, which makes things less interesting sure, but I think that their choice to do that was the right decision. Inno wanted the settlements to be played the way they intended and I certainly don’t blame them for that. I can’t talk about the final quest change yet, as I have yet to encounter it in game, but it sounds as if the gathering goods and copper coins may make it a bit more difficult and complex. The increased time rewards and beefed up Yggdrasil are my favorite part of this update (most players probably feel the same way obviously). The only thing that makes no sense to me is the fact that Inno gave 3 fragments to all players for each settlement they had already completed. They gave free fragments even to players who did not complete the quests on time to get rewards? The same amount given to players who completed the quests before the first deadline? This isn’t unfair because the players who had previously completed their settlements received the rewards they deserved that the game offered at the time, but it doesn’t make much sense does it? Players who completed the quests before the first deadline should get an additional 6 fragments for each completed settlement because that is the reward offered now. And players that took 30 days to complete one settlement should CERTAINLY get no extra reward. Inno has always done a good job rewarding players who play well, but this specifically seems to promote players who don’t deserve extra rewards and slight those who do. With all that being said though I’m not complaining. I received some free fragments, why the heck would I complain? I’m just saying, players could have gotten more rewards per settlement if they had started playing them now instead of months ago when the settlements first went live.

DeletedUser30598

FOE Team and Players,

For this Announcement “Changelog 1.154,” at the bottom it states “Check our Beta server to be always up to date!”

On a mobile device, when I click on this link for the Beta server, I am taken to my App Store.

How do I reach the Beta server on a mobile device?

Thanking You In Advance,

King Quack Quack

DeletedUser4491

@sscooby2u the main point of settlements were always meant to be the Yggdrasil with anything else along the way being so you have a ongoing benefit during the journey of getting that tree. Not to be a FP farm prior to getting the tree. They could have simply made it impossible to abandon a settlement after quest 4 if they really wanted. However they have increased the stats of the Yggdrasil and the rewards for time completion so the benefits of completing settlements are a bit better then before

I'm glad you got some benefit from the settlements while it was more interesting to you. However I don't see this as penalising players so much as balancing it to fit its intended purpose.

I would agree with your point if swapping the rewards somehow "balanced" the settlement, but the rewards you get along the way are meaningless to the end result - which I assume is why you're doing it. Inno held my in game interest for an extended period of time (short as it may have been) by letting me use this feature to increase my fp supply (which btw also increased my game time outside the settlement) not all they've done is completely eliminated my reason for accessing the settlements and in turn decreased the amount of time I'll be logged in and using the game.....mission not accomplished?

DeletedUser4491

FOE Team and Players,

For this Announcement “Changelog 1.154,” at the bottom it states “Check our Beta server to be always up to date!”

On a mobile device, when I click on this link for the Beta server, I am taken to my App Store.

How do I reach the Beta server on a mobile device?

Thanking You In Advance,

King Quack Quack

Open the app - when it takes you to the login screen click the flag icon/drop down, scroll all the way down, choose the "zz forgeofempires" option...that is the beta server

RazorbackPirate

Not sure the logic on penalizing people that didn't want to complete the settlement time suck by swapping around the rewards (I've been using it as a 32 hour cycled quest for 25 points, as I'm sure many others were doing) , but now all you've done is completely killed my interest in it.

You rewarded me fairly for the time I invested in cycling the settlement quests, but no longer....so I guess thanks for cutting down on my play time going forward?
How are you being penalized? You were using it in a way Inno never intended for it to be used and you know that as well as every other player exploiting the exploit. Sorry that killing your abuse of settlements killed your use of settlements, but your interest stays the same. Sorry that killing your abuse of settlements killed your use of settlements, but your interest stays the same.

You say yourself you didn't want to complete them. The only reason you touched them at all was for the FP exploit. Inno never intended that. You may have felt you were being fairly compensated, but Inno felt it was over compensation and fixed it so the Viking settlement can no longer be exploited in a way never intended.

Now that the exploit is gone, you're back to not touching them, same place you were before settlements ever appeared.Settlements are now just like everything else optional in the game, if you want the rewards from them, you have to actually do them. Again, how have you been penalized?
Agree 100% here. I had my whole guild plus anyone in the Open Arc Program doing the first 5 quests of the Viking Settlement to pick up the additional 25FP every 32 hours, but no more. I play on beta and have been trying to figure out the best way to still use the settlement with the swap of prizes. With the change, it is now not worth it as it takes too much time and unless you can be on all the time, too much effort to be around on time with work and family.

So this change will cause 2 groups to no longer use the settlement because I know the members were not using it beforehand either.
So your guild members can no longer exploit the exploit. If you're now telling them to abandon settlements completely as 'not worth it,' you're giving bad advice. You should to at least share the stats of the upgraded Yggdrasil Tree and encourage those who have the time, to complete the 15 settlements required to earn the most powerful building in the game.

Now if you're getting hung up on the fragment issue without understanding that to get the most powerful building in the game, it doesn't matter how long it takes to complete those 15 settlements, just that you complete those 15 settlements.

Don't lead your guild down the wrong path because you don't have the time or don't understand how settlements work. No guild benefits from players with under performing cities or ill informed leaders.
Just another INNO way of screwing people over who dont want to do the settlement thing but would use the Viking settlement for the FP gain alone! This game is getting to the point of being a freakin circus!
Nope. Just removing your ability to profit from not doing them. You want to profit from settlements you now need to actually do settlements. If you don't want to do them, don't do them. No different than the day before the Vikings arrived or any other optional part of the game.

Meanwhile, in less than 24 hours, I'll have a fully upgraded Yggdrasil Tree, 2 fully upgraded Runestones, and 3 Emissaries adding 13 FPs, 22 goods, and 34% of attack boost, plus assorted coins, medals and always needed supplies to my city, EVERY DAY.:D Plus, each run through gave me 35 FPs along the way to completion.

The best part? This is my 15th run. When I'm done in less than 24 hours, I'll never have to touch the Vikings ever again. Think of it. Just like you, I won't be playing the Viking settlement thingy anymore, but I'll still be getting all that stuff every singe day. We've both been 'playing' settlements since the day they arrived, both having inevested a lot of time to do them. Let me ask you, who made better use of that time?

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Seriously?.. thanks for squashing my completing of this round on the Viking Settlement. I actually was about to complete a round of vikings within the time limit set for the first reward chest, ...and as I unlocked the final building with an hour to spare, knowing all I had to do now was make sure I had 5 goods buildings and increase my diplomacy to 1200...which would have taken a few minutes... I find that I have another round of 8 hr productions to do?!? that you just decided to add without notice overnight...W T Heck Inno? You can't change rules on people in midstream! If you want to make those changes, you do it so that it occurs when folks start a new settlement, not within inches of the finish line.
Given that they also increased the number of fragments each timed gates gives you, you will still net 3 fragments MORE than you would have before the change. # extra fragments for a few hours extra work. Plus you got gifted 3 extra fragments for each one you've already completed. Would you rather NOT have all those extra fragments? You want to rethink your position?

DeletedUser9404

I hope FOE will return the goods and diamonds for the Virgo, since this is another bait and switch. Members need to cut back on buying diamonds. I use to buy lots of diamonds a while back and I stopped when they did the last bait and switch. This isn't a war game, its now a Lego game for building pretty structures, and farming.

DeletedUser30598

Open the app - when it takes you to the login screen click the flag icon/drop down, scroll all the way down, choose the "zz forgeofempires" option...that is the beta server
Thank You very much for replying On Topic

Maybe you have to already be a beta member to see that zz server. When I try to sign in on zz, I receive a message ‘wrong player name.’ I’m sorry, it doesn’t seem to work for me.

Brunenjii

Thank You very much for replying On Topic

Maybe you have to already be a beta member to see that zz server. When I try to sign in on zz, I receive a message ‘wrong player name.’ I’m sorry, it doesn’t seem to work for me.

The beta requires you make a new account. You can still use the same name if it's available though.

DeletedUser36623

All of that just to make it harder the get the 20 fps??? Increase the price of diamonds??? Inno you are getting too Greedy, if you want to charge me more for diamonds at least fix the GvG maps that dont refresh correctly most of the time. Nerfing the Virgo, and now taking away the 20 fps that really helped small players is just low. Keep it up Inno and you will find most of your players playing other peoples Games, and spending their money there.

RazorbackPirate

Did Inno actually say they don't track progress is that just conjecture? They obviously track completed settlements and considering all the pointless stats they track for achievements (like the number of road tiles), tracking the number of golds, silvers etc. doesn't seem as pointless. In other threads we're told how Inno has all this data to track how we play yet the same people say they don't track this? Would be very surprising if this were the case.
I'd be surprised if they did keep information on fragments awarded. There's no need to.

They have to keep track of the settlement number, everything is controlled by that number alone. The amount of time set on the timer when you start, the % chance of 4x production for that settlement, the reward you'll receive for completing the settlement, and what number that will be assigned to the achievement when you're done.

The number of fragments aren't dependent on the number of settlements completed, they're controlled by the timer, and the timer is set by the settlement number at the start of the settlement, nothing to track so far. Now, let's look under the hood.

The timer runs until you complete/collect the last quest. Collecting quest stops the timer, calculates the number of fragments you've earned based on the timer, and increments the number of completed settlements by 1. This updates the achievement and calculates the main reward you've earned. (Remember you can abandon.)

Clicking the next collect button sends the reward information back to the server and queues up all the rewards to be delivered into your inventory. The only information sent back to the server and tracked (if at all) is the total number of fragments you earned for completing the settlement timer. Inno doesn't care how you earned X number of fragments, just that you get the right amount at the end of each run. Once those fragments are queued up, there's no need to track the information. The only information needed for the next run is the number already completed.

So they just gave 3 fragments to everyone based on the one piece of information they stored, number of Viking settlements completed. X * 3 = number you get, easy peasy.

RazorbackPirate

All of that just to make it harder the get the 20 fps??? Increase the price of diamonds??? Inno you are getting too Greedy, if you want to charge me more for diamonds at least fix the GvG maps that dont refresh correctly most of the time. Nerfing the Virgo, and now taking away the 20 fps that really helped small players is just low. Keep it up Inno and you will find most of your players playing other peoples Games, and spending their money there.

DeletedUser40495

Then don’t buy diamonds. Don’t do the Vikings. Nobody is forcing you.

qaccy

Once you drop the Mead Hall, no matter what you do, you've got 4 - 8 hours left to produce the goods. Without diamonds, there's no way to speed that up.

Pretty late on a reply here, but I just wanted to say I'm not sure if diamonds would actually help here. As far as I'm aware, goods cannot be bought with diamonds in order to complete quest requirements and neither can they be used to finish the production of goods buildings. I think this means that the extra time necessary to complete this quest is unskippable; if you're inclined to use diamonds, you'll have to make that time up elsewhere. Unless I overlooked something!

DeletedUser40598

Viking Settlement: The changes still doesn't motivate me to spend time on the Viking Settlement. Not seeing value. Will let it be.

Virgo Project: Since I wasn't part of the Forum all these days (Registration wasn't allowed), I didn't have any idea about the change. Since the Bonus has changed, which is fine, players should be given the option of cancelling Virgo Project & get back the Space Age goods at least, if not the invested FPs.

RazorbackPirate

Pretty late on a reply here, but I just wanted to say I'm not sure if diamonds would actually help here. As far as I'm aware, goods cannot be bought with diamonds in order to complete quest requirements and neither can they be used to finish the production of goods buildings. I think this means that the extra time necessary to complete this quest is unskippable; if you're inclined to use diamonds, you'll have to make that time up elsewhere. Unless I overlooked something!
You are correct. I figured that out after I typed the response and was too lazy to fix it. I figured it didn't matter much anyway.