• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser37595

When are you going to make a button for us to place FPs in 100? You have the 1 and 10 however it takes some time to load 2k of FPs on GB at 10 FPs per click. Please help us ty its an enjoyable game.

DeletedUser34982

Nerfing the Virgo an obvious attempt to protect the coiners. These super real money cities cannot be beaten and now the new measures ensures they never will be. Totally self serving, super obvious. Proof positive that coiners are rather big babies.

DeletedUser40495

Viking Settlement: The changes still doesn't motivate me to spend time on the Viking Settlement. Not seeing value. Will let it be.
How could you not see value in the Yggdrasil, the best non great building in the game?
Virgo Project: Since I wasn't part of the Forum all these days (Registration wasn't allowed), I didn't have any idea about the change. Since the Bonus has changed, which is fine, players should be given the option of cancelling Virgo Project & get back the Space Age goods at least, if not the invested FPs.
Or they could have read the fine print. It was clearly stated in the message center when SAM was released that Virgo would not be usable in the hood.

DeletedUser40495

Nerfing the Virgo an obvious attempt to protect the coiners. These super real money cities cannot be beaten and now the new measures ensures they never will be. Totally self serving, super obvious. Proof positive that coiners are rather big babies.
Do you mean the diamond spenders? The ones who pay for us all who don’t buy diamonds (myself included) to play? Of course those who pay will have an advantage. Do you want to rid the game of premium currency and have to watch an add every five seconds to play? Think about that before you call premium players babies. And your remark makes no sense. How is restricting the Virgo an advantage to premium players? It was restricted for ALL players not just those who don’t spend real money on the game.

DeletedUser34982

Do you mean the diamond spenders? The ones who pay for us all who don’t buy diamonds (myself included) to play? Of course those who pay will have an advantage. Do you want to rid the game of premium currency and have to watch an add every five seconds to play? Think about that before you call premium players babies. And your remark makes no sense. How is restricting the Virgo an advantage to premium players? It was restricted for ALL players not just those who don’t spend real money on the game.

my comment makes perfect sense. stop be an apologist for Inno.

Lets look at 2 different players.

Player One: A super city owned by a player who spends a super amount of real money on this game. This player doesn't need virgo to beat others. But gets annoyed when average players plunder his city with the help of virgo.

Player Two: An average player with above average attack bonus. Their city can be beaten by above average and super players. This player has a virgo too and uses it to plunder super players. Without virgo he would have no chance to win against these cities. This player spent no real money on his city and is used to being attacked and beaten.

Who is more inclined to throw a fit. The player who spends real money has more invested an thus will cry louder when their previously unbeaten city gets plundered.

Inno is only protecting the interest of players who spend real money. These babies can't stand some average player plundering their city.

DeletedUser38302

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires! If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please place it in this thread! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Announcement: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/changelog-1-154.26290/
I really liked getting the 20 fps after completing 5 of the Viking quests because they are so necessary for playing the game. I wasn't just going to the 5th quest and quitting either. I just upped my Yggdrasil to level 5 earlier today. I probably won't bother going any higher now because there isn't as much incentive for me to complete the quests for it. A real bummer...

DeletedUser13838

I'd be surprised if they did keep information on fragments awarded. There's no need to.

They have to keep track of the settlement number, everything is controlled by that number alone. The amount of time set on the timer when you start, the % chance of 4x production for that settlement, the reward you'll receive for completing the settlement, and what number that will be assigned to the achievement when you're done.

The number of fragments aren't dependent on the number of settlements completed, they're controlled by the timer, and the timer is set by the settlement number at the start of the settlement, nothing to track so far. Now, let's look under the hood.

The timer runs until you complete/collect the last quest. Collecting quest stops the timer, calculates the number of fragments you've earned based on the timer, and increments the number of completed settlements by 1. This updates the achievement and calculates the main reward you've earned. (Remember you can abandon.)

Clicking the next collect button sends the reward information back to the server and queues up all the rewards to be delivered into your inventory. The only information sent back to the server and tracked (if at all) is the total number of fragments you earned for completing the settlement timer. Inno doesn't care how you earned X number of fragments, just that you get the right amount at the end of each run. Once those fragments are queued up, there's no need to track the information. The only information needed for the next run is the number already completed.

So they just gave 3 fragments to everyone based on the one piece of information they stored, number of Viking settlements completed. X * 3 = number you get, easy peasy.
The timer doesn't matter, just the prize pool - there are 4 (3?) different prizes and how those prizes get awarded isn't relevant to what I'm saying. Personally, I'm not too concerned about how many extra fragments they gave out - IMO they didn't need to give out any (but I'll take them). But the idea that they don't or shouldn't need to keep track of these things just seems strange when the trend for a long time has been to keep more data on users, not less. They don't need to keep track of individual fragments, just the golds silvers etc. which has to agree to the number of completed settlements (data integrity 101). Keeping higher resolution data on your users allows for more targeted marketing which is a good reason to keep as much data as possible on how your players progress in the game. But most of all, it just flies in the face of forum posts claiming that Inno keeps track of everything the players do when apparenty they really don't (though at least they do keep track of total road tiles built).

DeletedUser13838

I really liked getting the 20 fps after completing 5 of the Viking quests because they are so necessary for playing the game. I wasn't just going to the 5th quest and quitting either. I just upped my Yggdrasil to level 5 earlier today. I probably won't bother going any higher now because there isn't as much incentive for me to complete the quests for it. A real bummer...
You still get them but in a later quest.

RazorbackPirate

Why? If you were playing through the settlements, you've lost nothing. They merely switched the reward from quest 5, 20 FPs with the reward from quest 10, 25 goods. Now, if losing nothing is not incentive for you to continue to do the quests, then you really weren't playing through, were you? They upped the stats of the Yggdrasil, they gave you free fragments, what more do you want?

DeletedUser40495

Player One: A super city owned by a player who spends a super amount of real money on this game. This player doesn't need virgo to beat others. But gets annoyed when average players plunder his city with the help of virgo.

Player Two: An average player with above average attack bonus. Their city can be beaten by above average and super players. This player has a virgo too and uses it to plunder super players. Without virgo he would have no chance to win against these cities. This player spent no real money on his city and is used to being attacked and beaten.

Who is more inclined to throw a fit. The player who spends real money has more invested an thus will cry louder when their previously unbeaten city gets plundered.

Inno is only protecting the interest of players who spend real money. These babies can't stand some average player plundering their city.
I am not an “apologist” for Inno, I’m a person that actually has some common sense. Without premium players the game would be full of adds or not exist. And don’t act like the only players in this game that have huge cities are diamond spenders. There are plenty of top 10 players who have not spent a cent. And if you are pissed that the game favors diamond spenders what do you expect? People who pay for you to play having a disadvantage? Yes the Virgo project bonus in the hood would make it easier for smaller players to plunder larger ones, but that has ALMOST NOTHING to do with diamond spending. Don’t sit there and think that every player that is higher ranked than you that you can’t plunder spends money. I don’t want to hear it. And premium players (although I personally disagree with spending money on a video game), are not babies. You just dislike the fact that many of them are better than you. There is nothing you can do about that, other than spend money yourself so stop whining. If Inno is going to give an advantage to anyone in this game it will be those that pay their salary. Stop thinking Inno or anyone in this game will coddle you or feel sorry for you because you disagree with the “pay to win” aspect of FoE. It is what it is so deal with it or find another game to play. You can find “Candy Land” in almost any store.

And the Virgo bonus being restricted actually benefits the smaller players more. They will be plundered less by bigger players who have the means to power level buildings like the Virgo. In fact I am 90% sure that the main reason that Inno made Virgo less powerful was so that larger players don’t gang up on smaller players in their hood with their super high level Virgos.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25274

The top players in the hood don't need Virgo to stomp on everyone else. If you are not one of them yourself, then you know this. I was looking forward to having a way to hit back. Nerfing Virgo blows.

Agent327

Until today when checked prints and imformation it had said nothing about not being able to be used on PVP .Glad havent bought goods for it and only out the 1000+ FPs took to get prints .Just another INNO jab with no kiss after

Untill today????

Is it Inno's fault you look in the totally wrong place?

BruteForceAttack

Untill today????

Is it Inno's fault you look in the totally wrong place?

It is most definitely Inno's fault. They could have put an in-game message about the upcoming changes. At least in other message boards the announcement was tweaked to reflect the nerf, but here in US forum nothing was changed. Kinda dropped the ball.

DeletedUser40495

The top players in the hood don't need Virgo to stomp on everyone else. If you are not one of them yourself, then you know this. I was looking forward to having a way to hit back. Nerfing Virgo blows.
A top player does not “need” a Virgo anymore than they “need” any other GB. It is just another bonus added to their city that makes them more powerful. Apparently Inno does not want this.

DeletedUser34982

I am not an “apologist” for Inno, I’m a person that actually has some common sense. Without premium players the game would be full of adds or not exist. And don’t act like the only players in this game that have huge cities are diamond spenders. There are plenty of top 10 players who have not spent a cent. And if you are pissed that the game favors diamond spenders what do you expect? People who pay for you to play having a disadvantage? Yes the Virgo project bonus in the hood would make it easier for smaller players to plunder larger ones, but that has ALMOST NOTHING to do with diamond spending. Don’t sit there and think that every player that is higher ranked than you that you can’t plunder spends money. I don’t want to hear it. And premium players (although I personally disagree with spending money on a video game), are not babies. You just dislike the fact that many of them are better than you. There is nothing you can do about that, other than spend money yourself so stop whining. If Inno is going to give an advantage to anyone in this game it will be those that pay their salary. Stop thinking Inno or anyone in this game will coddle you or feel sorry for you because you disagree with the “pay to win” aspect of FoE. It is what it is so deal with it or find another game to play. You can find “Candy Land” in almost any store.

And the Virgo bonus being restricted actually benefits the smaller players more. They will be plundered less by bigger players who have the means to power level buildings like the Virgo. In fact I am 90% sure that the main reason that Inno made Virgo less powerful was so that larger players don’t gang up on smaller players in their hood with their super high level Virgos.

now you are the one who makes no sense....nerfing virgo benefits the small player?....LMAO, lay off the Inno cool aid...

DeletedUser40495

I was looking forward to Virgo as well and this does lessen its value, but hey, the Kraken is similar and has a WAY better second bonus.

DeletedUser40495

now you are the one who makes no sense....nerfing virgo benefits the small player?....LMAO, lay off the Inno cool aid...
Yes you didn’t understand what I said. I don’t know if you’re a small player or not but if you are how would you like to be smashed into every day by players with level 80+ Virgos? Don’t pretend having a Virgo as a small player will make you more powerful than larger players. Sure you might get lucky a few times, but the people who would get real benefit in the hood from Virgo are the ones who can level it high.

And I didn’t know “Inno cool-aid” was a drink, but if it’s anything like FoE it must be good...

Algona

Preposterous.

Yes, INNO obviously made the VP change to protect the players who devote time, effort, and city space to developing defence.

INNO gives away all the Special Buildings a city needs for defence just by playing the game. While players have to put FPs into the three defensive GBs any top player has already got a lvl 80+ Arc to power those GBs. Note that oif they have just one of those three GBs powered, it;s almost always TCA for the attack bonus.

No one needs to spend on defence. I'm sure some do, but it is not a majority.

The big spenders in this game are buying attack GBs and Special Buildings and Sets that give attack bonus. And insta healing troops.

There is no need to believe me, look at the top players in your three worlds or just ask serious coiners.