• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

- KQ -

This most resent settlement of mine has been a total clown show. My goods production was highly skewed to two goods, with less than 40 horns and 20 wool needed to unlock things other than expansions. I was on vacation to boot. I should have waited until I was home before starting. With the changes to complete my settlement in midstream, I'm just going to be happy to be done.

DeletedUser4491

How are you being penalized? You were using it in a way Inno never intended for it to be used and you know that as well as every other player exploiting the exploit. Sorry that killing your abuse of settlements killed your use of settlements, but your interest stays the same. Sorry that killing your abuse of settlements killed your use of settlements, but your interest stays the same.

You say yourself you didn't want to complete them. The only reason you touched them at all was for the FP exploit. Inno never intended that. You may have felt you were being fairly compensated, but Inno felt it was over compensation and fixed it so the Viking settlement can no longer be exploited in a way never intended.

Now that the exploit is gone, you're back to not touching them, same place you were before settlements ever appeared.Settlements are now just like everything else optional in the game, if you want the rewards from them, you have to actually do them. Again, how have you been penalized?

As you said, I could care less about the settlements at this point and Inno has just reinforced my behavior. Maybe I misworded it though in saying that "I" was being penalized....Inno just penalized themselves though in changing the "exploit" - all the players using the settlement "not as Inno intended" were spending more time in game because of it....Inno is a business and I'm sure one of their objectives is to keep eyes on the game and players engaged, they've just effectively done the opposite for me (likely others). No skin off my nose, I'd say counterproductive to Inno's business model though.

DeletedUser4491

Thank You very much for replying On Topic

Maybe you have to already be a beta member to see that zz server. When I try to sign in on zz, I receive a message ‘wrong player name.’ I’m sorry, it doesn’t seem to work for me.
Yes, because it's a completely different environment from the live servers you need to sign up strictly for the Beta server - instead of trying to log in just hit sign up (or whatever the language is). Doesn't cost anything and if you're interested in new additions to the game you'll get the chance to preview them...neat feature.

DeletedUser37581

Because Inno asked for Feedback. I'm sure some of the businesses that went bankrupt were successful as some point of time.
Saying that Inno's business model stinks isn't feedback. Look back through the forum - after almost every change, people have come out of the woodwork and claimed that the game is doomed, that Inno is going to bankrupt themselves, etc.

DeletedUser

all the players using the settlement "not as Inno intended" were spending more time in game because of it
I don't know how you figure that. To do the 5 quests for the 25 FP took less than 2 minutes initially and less than 30 seconds eight hours later. Build 3 Shacks. Build 10 Runes. After one minute build one Axe Smith and set to 8 hour production. Eight hours later, collect Axe Smith, develop Shrines, delete Axe Smith, build 2 Shrines. Collect 5 FP quest and 20 FP quest. Delete settlement. Wait 24 hours and rinse and repeat. And if you pay 50 Diamonds, you could do it all in less than 2 minutes. (50 Diamonds for 25 FP is 1/25th the normal price.)

BruteForceAttack

Saying that Inno's business model stinks isn't feedback. Look back through the forum - after almost every change, people have come out of the woodwork and claimed that the game is doomed, that Inno is going to bankrupt themselves, etc.

And yet Inno is not complaining about the feedback and asks for more...anyways move along

RazorbackPirate

As you said, I could care less about the settlements at this point and Inno has just reinforced my behavior. Maybe I misworded it though in saying that "I" was being penalized....Inno just penalized themselves though in changing the "exploit" - all the players using the settlement "not as Inno intended" were spending more time in game because of it....Inno is a business and I'm sure one of their objectives is to keep eyes on the game and players engaged, they've just effectively done the opposite for me (likely others). No skin off my nose, I'd say counterproductive to Inno's business model though.
You are basing your entire premise that every other player is like you. They're not. I know of more players that will finally buckle under and do the full settlements especially after the fantastic buff the Yggdrasil just got. Best part for Inno, those players will play settlements the way Inno intended, eventually getting a fully upgraded Yggdrasil and moving on to Feudal Japan, then Egypt for the fantastic buildings those are sure to offer.

Love all you prognosticators who come here forecasting doom and gloom on Inno because you don't like their decision. Yet they not only continue to thrive, but grow.

You decided you were going to use the exploit, I chose to play through. You took the shortsighted approach taking a job building shacks and shrines to earn your forge points. I took a long term approach preferring to build a Mead Hall franchise that would give me resources beyond just FPs even after I stopped building new Mead Halls. Inno just eliminated your job and boosted my return on investment. Doh!

Both of us have been playing settlements since they appeared. Seems you're the one who just penalized themselves, not Inno. Now it's Inno's fault you won't get the rewards others have earned, and because it's Inno's fault, certainly not yours, you'll come here all butt hurt to proclaim your mistake and dig into your position.

Meanwhile, with 2 more runs left to go, the Vikings now give me 12+ FPs a day and 20+ goods daily, plus a 24% attack bonus, without doing a thing. Even more when I'm done and don't ever have to touch the Vikings ever again, free to start building whatever franchise the Japanese have to offer. How's that 'not doing the Vikings, waste of time' thing working out for you?

We both got from the Vikings exactly what we set out to get from them. I'm not the one with complaints.

DeletedUser30312

Problem with the last quest is that I have to collect goods I no longer need. Does not make sense at all.

Yeah, that's irritating, but it's probably to avoid the trash cities people were cranking out just to complete things. But then that's partially a result of the time limits on things too, many people just wanted to finish things off rather than care if it looked good, what difference did that make when the whole thing gets deleted at the touch of a button a few moments later? I personally didn't care if the Viking town was a slum while I met the requirements myself.

And I agree with Inno's decision to move back the 20 FP reward. Kind of sucks if you were exploiting it, but the key word there is "exploit" I'm pretty sure Inno didn't really intend it to be a quick and easy way of making FP.

DeletedUser35531

For those who spent cash to purchase resources for the Virgo should receive a refund in this bait and switch tactic of disabling what has been purchased and paid for.
Less a class action law suit be filed.
A law suit is perhaps a bit of a reach but I agree that players who spent resources and/or cash for Virgo should be refunded.

DeletedUser40495

A law suit is perhaps a bit of a reach but I agree that players who spent resources and/or cash for Virgo should be refunded.
Why would Inno do this? It was CLEARLY stated in the message center when Space Age Mars was released that Virgo would not be usable in PvP. Like, VERY clearly. On its own line, it was not even fine print. It is those players own fault for not fully reading the message. Give me a break. Inno is not refunding anyone and shouldn’t either.

DeletedUser35531

Why would Inno do this? It was CLEARLY stated in the message center when Space Age Mars was released that Virgo would not be usable in PvP. Like, VERY clearly. On its own line, it was not even fine print. It is those players own fault for not fully reading the message. Give me a break. Inno is not refunding anyone and shouldn’t either.
The in-game description mentioned no impending change when we built Virgo. Players should not need to search outside the game for answers.

Well, on the Viking settlements, I still failed on 2 worlds where the changes caught me at an untimely moment where I would have otherwise completed in the first time allotment. With the added frag bonuses in the changes I still come out way ahead, except for losing face among the ridicule of my Viking hosts and the incessant blubbering laughter of the ice seals.