• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date
The changes do make for a more æsthetic little settlement at the end though. And with the forced overtime I've actually completed the Mead Hall for maybe only the second time. Yeah, I always hated leaving the village without a mead hall previously. Now the menfolk can sit and watch the bosomed serving wenches.

DeletedUser4491

I don't know how you figure that. To do the 5 quests for the 25 FP took less than 2 minutes initially and less than 30 seconds eight hours later. Build 3 Shacks. Build 10 Runes. After one minute build one Axe Smith and set to 8 hour production. Eight hours later, collect Axe Smith, develop Shrines, delete Axe Smith, build 2 Shrines. Collect 5 FP quest and 20 FP quest. Delete settlement. Wait 24 hours and rinse and repeat. And if you pay 50 Diamonds, you could do it all in less than 2 minutes. (50 Diamonds for 25 FP is 1/25th the normal price.)
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree - if I never intended on using the settlement feature then my putting ANY time into it was more time than I planned on playing the game...all I was pointing out was that it was getting me to spend more time in game. Very valid point though on the cost to purchase FP's with Diamonds and the first logical argument I've heard. Never disagreed with what Inno was doing, simply saying that in my particular case I will now be spending 2 less minutes playing the game.

DeletedUser4491

Why do so many people feel that they know better than a very successful business how that business should be running things?
I never said I knew better, was simply musing that it seemed counterproductive. Although I currently own a successful business and have owned/ran others in the past so I do have some frame of reference.

DeletedUser4491

You are basing your entire premise that every other player is like you. They're not. I know of more players that will finally buckle under and do the full settlements especially after the fantastic buff the Yggdrasil just got. Best part for Inno, those players will play settlements the way Inno intended, eventually getting a fully upgraded Yggdrasil and moving on to Feudal Japan, then Egypt for the fantastic buildings those are sure to offer.

Love all you prognosticators who come here forecasting doom and gloom on Inno because you don't like their decision. Yet they not only continue to thrive, but grow.

You decided you were going to use the exploit, I chose to play through. You took the shortsighted approach taking a job building shacks and shrines to earn your forge points. I took a long term approach preferring to build a Mead Hall franchise that would give me resources beyond just FPs even after I stopped building new Mead Halls. Inno just eliminated your job and boosted my return on investment. Doh!

Both of us have been playing settlements since they appeared. Seems you're the one who just penalized themselves, not Inno. Now it's Inno's fault you won't get the rewards others have earned, and because it's Inno's fault, certainly not yours, you'll come here all butt hurt to proclaim your mistake and dig into your position.

Meanwhile, with 2 more runs left to go, the Vikings now give me 12+ FPs a day and 20+ goods daily, plus a 24% attack bonus, without doing a thing. Even more when I'm done and don't ever have to touch the Vikings ever again, free to start building whatever franchise the Japanese have to offer. How's that 'not doing the Vikings, waste of time' thing working out for you?

We both got from the Vikings exactly what we set out to get from them. I'm not the one with complaints.
I am basing my point of view on my own personal game play and the game play of others that I'm aware of - more than a handful in my guild and there are what, 26 other servers so I'm sure it's more than just a couple of people.

I never said anything about Inno's impending demise - I've been playing the game for 6 years and am well aware that they aren't going anywhere - I was simply providing the feedback that they solicited....

Glad you've found a feature of the game that fits your play style, it simply doesn't fit mine.

RazorbackPirate

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree - if I never intended on using the settlement feature then my putting ANY time into it was more time than I planned on playing the game...all I was pointing out was that it was getting me to spend more time in game. Very valid point though on the cost to purchase FP's with Diamonds and the first logical argument I've heard. Never disagreed with what Inno was doing, simply saying that in my particular case I will now be spending 2 less minutes playing the game.
I never said I knew better, was simply musing that it seemed counterproductive. Although I currently own a successful business and have owned/ran others in the past so I do have some frame of reference.
I am basing my point of view on my own personal game play and the game play of others that I'm aware of - more than a handful in my guild and there are what, 26 other servers so I'm sure it's more than just a couple of people.

I never said anything about Inno's impending demise - I've been playing the game for 6 years and am well aware that they aren't going anywhere - I was simply providing the feedback that they solicited....

Glad you've found a feature of the game that fits your play style, it simply doesn't fit mine.
Lol. Those 2 minutes extra in game were so impactful to Inno. No, exactly the opposite which is why they changed it. You don't want to play settlements, don't play them, but Inno derives no benefit from you earning 25 FPs every 36 hours not playing them.

You in the business of giving out $25 bucks to everyone who stops in for long enough to earn the money? No, I'm pretty sure you want people to be customers, or not. Not just stopping by to waste your time, use your resources, and take your money, when they'll never actually pay you money to use the product you have to offer.

All your feedback did was confirm to Inno their goal is being met, which they knew before ever releasing the patch.

Emberguard

Ironically the biggest reason I see people complaining about not doing settlements outside 25FP loop is they don’t want to spend time doing settlements.

If they’re doing settlements begrudgingly for FPs that’s not necessarily a good thing as that grows resentment towards the game. It’d be better for a players enjoyment of the game to have those that love settlements do settlements and those that don’t just don’t touch it

DeletedUser29726

Ironically the biggest reason I see people complaining about not doing settlements outside 25FP loop is they don’t want to spend time doing settlements.

If they’re doing settlements begrudgingly for FPs that’s not necessarily a good thing as that grows resentment towards the game. It’d be better for a players enjoyment of the game to have those that love settlements do settlements and those that don’t just don’t touch it

I'm very much in the resenting settlements camp. Even the original Ygg was enough to make me do it anyways - but I'm not planning to touch it after i finish my 15th run in a few days. I kinda hate myself for doing it by now. And it's certainly on my list of 'evidence I am not the target audience for this game any longer' as it's just tedious, not challenging to me - and yet so many people seem to find it 'too hard'.

Algona

How did that old Joan Jett song go? "I hate myself for loving FoE. " I think that was the refrain...

A sentiment I share at least regarding Settlements. Nonetheless i am doing a 16th iteration just to see how much different it is with the new final Quest.

I am very curious what changes INNO will make to future Cultures. Will they listen to the folks who say that the Viking Settlement is just a little too grindy? By a little too grindy I mean I've ground my mouse hand up to the elbow doing Settlements.

Would Vikings have been more attractive if they had reduced the number of iterations bu combining the Emmisary Rewards with the Ygg lvl Rewards? /Say either an Emmisay slot or an Ennusary with each Ygg lvl? Would 9 iterations be more attractive?

Or would that be even enough to get over the grindiest grind that ever ground a grinding?

Just grinding, err, I mean, curious...

DeletedUser29726

Would Vikings have been more attractive if they had reduced the number of iterations bu combining the Emmisary Rewards with the Ygg lvl Rewards? /Say either an Emmisay slot or an Ennusary with each Ygg lvl? Would 9 iterations be more attractive?

Approximately 40% more attractive for cutting off 6 mindless repetitions of 15 :p But I don't think that'd really address the core issue - which is that settlements are an excessively simplified version of our real cities that they expect us to repeat over and over. How many times have you gone through bronze age before? For me as an altaholic it's about 12 times - and that's a substantially richer environment; for most I suspect it's no more than twice.

Settlements are missing depth for alternate strategies to make repeated runs different. Compared to playing a bronze age alt:
- linear tech vs tree
- copper coins vs coins + supplies
- temporary diplomacy that only forces a rebuild vs happiness as design consideration
- no side quests vs multiple side quest options depending on the time you're willing to put into it
- no great buildings
- no longterm impact for your choices - once you make it out it's gone vs decisions as to how long to stay in an age and what to accomplish before you move on. This also makes the last few buildings unlocked rather irrelevant as you're almost done with it all.
- no military - prenerf Bronze age you used to be able to make choices to be outfit to plunder neighbors, and even without that now you still can make the choice to get ahead on continent map and get extra expansions for instance

in exchange for all of these features missing, the two things it adds:
- variable goods need in substantial quantity vs almost no goods needed at start of main game
- unremovable impediments you have to work around

Neither of which really represents differences in overall strategy - just a slightly different layout each time.

DeletedUser4491

You in the business of giving out $25 bucks to everyone who stops in for long enough to earn the money? No, I'm pretty sure you want people to be customers, or not. Not just stopping by to waste your time, use your resources, and take your money, when they'll never actually pay you money to use the product you have to offer.
Guess Starbucks has a flawed business model then based on all the people that sit in there all day and use their internet...

RazorbackPirate

Guess Starbucks has a flawed business model then based on all the people that sit in there all day and use their internet...
Makes no difference when 95% of their business is to go and drive through. No different than McDonald's.

It's also only an extremely small % of customers who sit in to drink their beverages who'll sit there all day. Starbucks provides customer internet anyway. The number who use it or how long they use it for is irrelevant to the fixed cost Starbucks has for providing customer WiFi. Blah blah blah, bandwidth. Negligible cost to upgrade if they need to, and they don't care about sucky customer WiFi experience anyway. Sucky WiFi only discourages squatters and bandwidth hogs.

So, no. Not the same in any way, shape, or form. Which has me seriously questioning your self proclaimed business expertise. Do you really lack such basic business knowledge, or were you hoping I do?

Algona

Love the analogy.* People who sit in Starbucks all day. And either buy a scone or another drink after a while? Or just sit there and make the place look busy so more cash customers don't see an empty store?

Isn't that exactly the position all us cheapskates, err, I mean, people who play for free do now for INNO? Help make the game look busy for cash customers?

*I lied. One of many reasons I hate argument by analogy: It's way too easy to twist analogy to support any position. Which leads to arguments about whatever the analogy is and whether the analogy is accurate instead of the actual topic, INNO making a change.

DeletedUser37960

My wool is no longer collecting. Three times now, i have complete the production cycle in two wool farms, but it has not decreased required amount to unlock final building.

DeletedUser

My wool is no longer collecting. Three times now, i have complete the production cycle in two wool farms, but it has not decreased required amount to unlock final building.
The required amount doesn't decrease. When you have enough, the number turns from red to white to indicate that you now have enough of that good.

DeletedUser29510

**problem report**
so the new quest on Vikings that asks for 10 of each good and 2500 coins only shows the progression of coins and does not show the progression of goods which leaves the player wondering and not knowing what good is needed and how much... As I am now discovering - I have all coins but the quest will not "green check" even though I have produced many many goods - now I'm completely confused as to which good is needed and how much... under the coin progression needs to be added a progression for each of the four goods required!!!

DeletedUser

**problem report**
so the new quest on Vikings that asks for 10 of each good and 2500 coins only shows the progression of coins and does not show the progression of goods which leaves the player wondering and not knowing what good is needed and how much... As I am now discovering - I have all coins but the quest will not "green check" even though I have produced many many goods - now I'm completely confused as to which good is needed and how much... under the coin progression needs to be added a progression for each of the four goods required!!!
It actually doesn't show the progression of coins, either, merely an aggregate progression of coins and goods combined. 2540 is what is displayed, which is 2500 coins plus 10 of each good. Honestly, just set all 4 goods buildings to an 8 hour production and when you collect them you will have covered all bases. If that doesn't fulfill the quest, then you are short of coins, not goods.