• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.154 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

RazorbackPirate

under the coin progression needs to be added a progression for each of the four goods required!!!
I'd be fine with breaking the goods out onto their own tracking bar, but I wouldn't be in favor of having a separate bar for each good. Similar to the 'One of each production' quests, I like having an onus on the player to keep track of their productions.

Inno didn't owe anybody anything in regards to the Runestone fragments, they decided to give everyone 3 fragments for each settlement completion as a goodwill gesture. Crying about free stuff is...well, I can't say what it is. It's not mature, that's for sure.

Get off your high horse.. Giving everyone the same thing when some dont even bother to complete things in the fastest time is complete crap, sorry to tell you so dont cry too hard over it ya Inno stool pigeon. They should have given the three extra only to those who spent all the time and put in the work to complete all the settlements in the fastest time and gave nothing to those that didn't. I guess in your world where you get consolation prizes for sucking and not finishing first you may be right, but in the real world, it doesn't son.

And they saved you 8 hours on build times for Clan Houses and Old Willows. Where's the beef?

Clearly you dont know how to REALLY do the settlements in the optimal way if you have to build the willow, the clan house OR the mead hall. I have finished 9 settlements and haven't built ANY of those and finished ALL of my settlements in the fastest time with loads of time to spare. So maybe take your own advice and zip it, cause you clearly aren't an expert on the settlements, not even close.

I generally end up needing only one of the four goods to finish the Mead Hall tech, and since I usually end up with lots of coins, I can delete most of my Shrines/Markets and go with Willows for the 1000 Diplomacy needed for Mead Hall tech. That leaves room to have roads to all the Huts, so they produce coins, and also for 3 Markets and 5 goods buildings (duplicate of the one I need for MH tech). Then I just set all 5 goods buildings to 8 hours, when I have 10 or less to go on the last good, along with the remaining Markets, and don't collect the connected Huts until I'm on the last quest. Then as soon as those productions are done, I collect only the one goods building that I need for Mead Hall, unlock the tech, delete my Old Willows, build the Mead Hall, collect that quest, then collect all the other goods buildings, the Markets and the Huts. DONE!!! Seconds later, not an extra 8 hours.

If you have to build the willow, the mead hall or the clan house then you don't know what you are doing. So why are you boasting yet again like some expert when you clearly aren't even close from your comments??? Oh yeah, I forgot about your high horse you think you sit on there junior.

Those of us that ACTUALLY know the best methods for completing the settlements, we know that with opening 8 expansions, 2 with each good, and using clan totems, there was enough room to complete the 1200 cultural and 4 goods buildings that we were asked to do. Even doing it the new way, which does in fact take longer than the previous method regardless what a noob like you says about the reduced build time on buildings that aren't needed, unless you are clearly a noob like Stephen clearly is. It is complete stupidity making us make goods that are not needed before we finish the settlement. Another idiotic move by Inno just like how idiotic it is that they didn't put two lines for the final quest to show one line for how much copper we have collected and how many goods we have collected.

For those of us who know how to do the settlements, unlike Stephen, know to run the goods buildings on 4 hour cycles to maximize the amount of chances we have at hitting the bonus X4. So why wouldn't you put a counter on for the goods so we can see how many we have collected instead of making us have to keep track of them on our own??? It's like having to do the finish each production time on challenges and you dont even show us which ones have been complete. How hard is this to fix and actually support the people who play your game??

It actually doesn't show the progression of coins, either, merely an aggregate progression of coins and goods combined. 2540 is what is displayed, which is 2500 coins plus 10 of each good. Honestly, just set all 4 goods buildings to an 8 hour production and when you collect them you will have covered all bases. If that doesn't fulfill the quest, then you are short of coins, not goods.

Stop talking like an expert and like you know what you are talking about. All you are doing is giving people bad advice. You set your production to FOUR HOUR PRODUCTION so you up your chances at x4. Setting all four buildings to four hour productions gives you more opportunites to hit the x4 and reduce the time to complete your settlement.

So dont listen to ANYTHING Stephen says about the settlements as he clearly isn't an expert or know the best methods.

RazorbackPirate

Clearly you dont know how to REALLY do the settlements in the optimal way if you have to build the willow, the clan house OR the mead hall. I have finished 9 settlements and haven't built ANY of those and finished ALL of my settlements in the fastest time with loads of time to spare. So maybe take your own advice and zip it, cause you clearly aren't an expert on the settlements, not even close.
Except I've complete 13 of them under the gold time frame with plenty of time to spare. In two worlds. If you were doing them so optimally, why are you so far behind?

As far as the rest of your posts, a whole lot of blah, blah, blah, about the way things used to be, and you telling us how great you used to be at it. Yawn. A legend in your own mind.

Vger

For those of us who know how to do the settlements, unlike Stephen, know to run the goods buildings on 4 hour cycles to maximize the amount of chances we have at hitting the bonus X4.
You do know that 4 hr and 8 hr productions will produce exactly the same number of bonus goods (over time), right? Simple math will tell you that.

I'm guessing Stephen already knows that.

Sometimes a 4 hr production will be the best choice, if the bonus will just give you more than you really need right now.
Sometimes an 8 hr production is the best choice. People sleep. (Some) people have lives. Makes no sense to run a 4 hr if you know you won't collect it for 6 or more.

I'm guessing Stephen already knows that too ;)

DeletedUser40495

@dedley the great...

Stop. Just stop. Right now before you say anything more stupid. You are “one of those people” aren’t you? One of the people that feel the need to resort to ignorant, unnecessary, and untrue comments directed at moderators that are here to help others learn (and obviously have more knowledge about FoE than you).

What did Stephen do to you? Besides being more knowledgeable than you of course. I don’t know if you have serious social issues, are just jealous, or are 5 years old. Whatever the reason, your comments were TOTALLY immature and unnecessary. @Stephen Longshanks is one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum, and besides being a moderator, is certainly more knowledgeable than you. So shut up and get off
your high horse you think you sit on there junior.

DeletedUser40618

Those of us that ACTUALLY know the best methods for completing the settlements, we know that with opening 8 expansions, 2 with each good, and using clan totems, there was enough room to complete the 1200 cultural and 4 goods buildings that we were asked to do.

That’s not the best method for completing the settlement. More expansions means more room to utilize, and the earlier you get them unlocked, the faster you complete the settlement. Why stop at 8?

The best method I’ve found is unlocking 2 expansions with axes, 2 with mead, and 7 with horns. This gives you room for 6 or more goods buildings and 5 markets to keep them all going. Now before you say I’m crazy and that can’t work...

I’ve completed it 24 times, getting all the rune stone fragments every time, sometimes with days left to spare. I have never used any diamonds to complete a settlement. It could be completed in less than 5 days before they changed the last quest if you got lucky with bonus goods. 6 1/2 days is still pretty good with the change and I can probably improve on that time once I get used to having everything ready for the last quest.

Hey, could you explain "7 with horns"? Why do you think it's the most optimized way? I normally do 2 with all goods, before circling back and opening more, since goods prices for expansions go up considerably. Seeing that you have done great work in going about it the way you did, would love to know how it saves time? Thanks!

The best method I’ve found is unlocking 2 expansions with axes, 2 with mead, and 7 with horns. This gives you room for 6 or more goods buildings and 5 markets to keep them all going. Now before you say I’m crazy and that can’t work...

DeletedUser40618

Hey, could you explain "7 with horns"? Why do you think it's the most optimized way? I normally do 2 with all goods, before circling back and opening more, since goods prices for expansions go up considerably. Seeing that you have done great work in going about it the way you did, would love to know how it saves time? Thanks!

You will have to produce a lot more (and most likely different) goods to unlock 3 more advancements to get the wool for expansions after unlocking beast hunters. Prices do go up for expansions, but you may get bonus goods to help speed it up too. And if you add more beast hunters as you add expansions, you can produce a lot of horns in a little amount of time compared to waiting to unlock wool farms.

The savings in goods doesn’t compare to the time saved in adding more expansions earlier.

DeletedUser

Get off your high horse.. Giving everyone the same thing when some dont even bother to complete things in the fastest time is complete crap, sorry to tell you so dont cry too hard over it ya Inno stool pigeon. They should have given the three extra only to those who spent all the time and put in the work to complete all the settlements in the fastest time and gave nothing to those that didn't. I guess in your world where you get consolation prizes for sucking and not finishing first you may be right, but in the real world, it doesn't son.
First, don't call me son. For one thing you're undoubtedly not old enough to be my dad, and for another you are clearly not the man that he was.
Second, you already got your reward for finishing in the time frame under the rules that were in force at the time you did it. The Fragments that Inno gave out had nothing to do with giving out "consolation" prizes. As I said earlier, the Fragments were merely a goodwill gesture to players, not a reward or prize.
Third, if you view someone who simply tells the uncomfortable truth as being on a "high horse", then I'll just stay up there, thank you very much.
If you have to build the willow, the mead hall or the clan house then you don't know what you are doing. So why are you boasting yet again like some expert when you clearly aren't even close from your comments??? Oh yeah, I forgot about your high horse you think you sit on there junior.
I hate to point it out to you, but you have to build all three of those to finish the Settlement. You don't have to let them finish construction, but you do have to build them.
It is complete stupidity making us make goods that are not needed before we finish the settlement.
Quests in this game are always asking you to do stuff that isn't needed, haven't you noticed that? Or do you always have 83 production buildings set to the 5 minute cycle?
For those of us who know how to do the settlements, unlike Stephen, know to run the goods buildings on 4 hour cycles to maximize the amount of chances we have at hitting the bonus X4.
So do you wake up in the middle of the night to collect and reset them? I doubt it.
So why wouldn't you put a counter on for the goods so we can see how many we have collected instead of making us have to keep track of them on our own??? It's like having to do the finish each production time on challenges and you dont even show us which ones have been complete. How hard is this to fix and actually support the people who play your game??
I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that someone who is a self-proclaimed expert at Settlements has a hard time keeping track of producing a mere 10 each of 4 goods.
Stop talking like an expert and like you know what you are talking about. All you are doing is giving people bad advice. You set your production to FOUR HOUR PRODUCTION so you up your chances at x4. Setting all four buildings to four hour productions gives you more opportunites to hit the x4 and reduce the time to complete your settlement.

So dont listen to ANYTHING Stephen says about the settlements as he clearly isn't an expert or know the best methods.
Well, the Settlement I finished after they changed the last quest, I unlocked the tech for Mead Hall, laid the foundation for one in the space I had ready for it, collected that quest, then collected the 10 of each good and 2500 coins that I had prepared in advance to be ready to collect. Settlement done about 30 seconds after unlocking Mead Hall. How long has it taken you after unlocking Mead Hall? 4 hours? 8 hours? Or have you still not figured out how many goods you need?

Oh, and here's a little lesson in math for you. Running the 4 hour cycle you have to hit twice as many 4x chances as someone running the 8 hour cycle. 5x4=20, or 15 extra each time. 10x4=40, or 30 extra each time. Do you really think you hit twice as many running the shorter cycle? And that's just to break even.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

If you look ahead to do it right in regards to building clan house and willow then it reduces your time instead of increasing it. You don’t have to build them of course. Doesn’t mean they couldn’t help speed it up. But it does require having a plan that’s maximising on the strengths of those buildings in regards to your needs.

The main complaint for the final quest is finding all that space for goods buildings. Guess what willow and clan house does? Frees up your space. It’s just utilising your time for what’s unlocked in what order and what you prioritise

As to the x4 thing, you might get more hits but you also get half the goods. You’re not actually getting anything more by doing x4 or x8 with goods unless you can fit more productions in.

Edit:
You’re complaining that others are ignorant of the best methods. Well now your plan isn’t as effective as it used to be because it wasn’t flexible enough. While our results are uneffected by the changes as it required getting what was needed as it was needed

It’s wonderful you found a method that was effective for you under the original conditions, now though it’s time to re-evaluate what’s best as anything that’s rigid won’t work anymore if anything changes

Last edited:

DeletedUser37581

Only 9 settlements? You should take a boat-load of your own advice as
you clearly aren't an expert on the settlements, not even close.

DeletedUser40618

There are times when the 4 hour goods productions are better than the 8 hour productions. I run 4 hour goods productions most of the time. This is to maximize my chances at the 4x goods bonus. I usually set them for 8 hours overnight, but not all the time or if I’m short on coins. If you only need 5 or less goods to unlock something, set it to 4 hours so you’ll get the goods quicker to unlock it. This is especially true if your strategy is to gather one type of good for more than one advancement at a time. No reason to gather more goods than you need for a final unlock.

I also set goods buildings to 8 hours for the final quest and time it so they’ll be ready for when I unlock the mead hall. Otherwise you’ll need more buildings or another production run. I’ll disconnect them from the embassy so I don’t accidentally collect them before the quest once they’re ready.

Emberguard

I agree that tech tree needs sometimes make 4 hr productions the right move. I also agree the specific strategy a player goes for along with real life schedule will determine if it’s better to do 8 or 4 hrs

The only thing with 4hr to be careful of is if that’s what you’re doing all day then you’re more likely to botch up collection times then 8hr. For copper from shrines this isn’t a problem as even if collecting late it’s a 70%~ increase in production for 8hrs split into 4hrs. With goods the risk is if time creeps forward too much you’ve lost possible productions with no room for error

Algona

tl;dr you suck way too much at Settlements to be leaving any of the piles of dooky you posted.

About the only meaningful thing you can do as a form of protest is delete the extra Fragments you got from INNO.

You won't because while you scorn them you used them. Your complaint has no moral backbone to it, just the spineless sniveling of a beggar wanting more then the handout you got.

You set your production to FOUR HOUR PRODUCTION so you up your chances at x4.

Misleading. Not wrong, but misleading nonetheless. Over the long term you'll get the same amount of Goods from 4 and 8 hour productions.

Exceot of course when you are out of game for more then 4 hours.

The advantage to 4 hour is you will tend to reduce the role of probability. The advantage to 8 is if you take the long shot it can hit big time. When you hit 2 Axesmiths for 80 at the start of the game you've already won.

You should be doing 2x 8 hour productions at the start and restarting the Settlement if you don't hit 50 That's how i did the last 8 of my Setltlements, and I finished iteration 15 last week.

The rest of your bragging is specious except the laughable parts. 9 iterations? You are half the number of the best players. Why are you bragging about sucking?

Different folk have established different effective techniques and regularly documented and discussed them.

Based on your undocumented claims and a well established history of less then accurate posting have no grounds whatsoever to criticize any person on these forums.

Try to be good at something before insulting others. You'll still be laughed at for all the other nonsense you post, but at least you won't sound like quire so much the fool.

DeletedUser40618

You should be doing 2x 8 hour productions at the start and restarting the Settlement if you don't hit 50 That's how i did the last 8 of my Setltlements, and I finished iteration 15 last week.

The first productions should always be 4 hours. You want to get expansions out right away and waiting 4 extra hours instead of placing 2 expansions immediately (assuming you did build 2 ax smiths at the beginning) will put you behind at the very start. Restarting the settlement over will also make it take even longer because you’ll have to wait 24 hours to start a new one. I don’t think that’s worth the bonus goods you may or may not get from resetting.

And if you do get bonus goods from the first 4 hour production run, you’ll have a strong start to keep your goods flowing too. Expansions are the most important part to a fast completion. The more you have and the faster you get them, will determine how fast you can complete a settlement.