• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.158 feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date

DeletedUser25252

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!
If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave the feedback here or visit us on Facebook! :)
Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser25795

If the AA tile is already full of spears. Will they disappear and the tile reverts to a NPC tile? Will the spears remain as it only affects new units used after the update? Or will the spears change into "real units"?

DeletedUser40780

Does the confirmation box also affect the placing sieges too?

The 1.158 Change log only says DAs:
  • A new checkbox has been added to the confirmation window when changing/placing defense armies, so you can opt to never be asked again.

The GvG improvement announcement said it would include both siege and DA. :
Confirmation Checkboxes
To improve the overall user experience and enable people to quickly place siege and defensive armies, we'll add a "never see this again" checkbox. This also makes the overall experience more consistent with other aspects of Forge of Empires and gives you the benefit of being able to interact with GvG faster without having to spend time needlessly clicking away message windows.

Also said

This is a really big difference, as it will make it much harder to resiege without multiple DA's getting replaced.

Also, what happened to testing on Beta before pushing to live servers?
"the listed changes above will be added to Beta shortly, and then to live markets in the upcoming weeks."

BruteForceAttack

Does the confirmation box also affect the placing sieges too?

The 1.158 Change log only says DAs:
  • A new checkbox has been added to the confirmation window when changing/placing defense armies, so you can opt to never be asked again.

The GvG improvement announcement said it would include both siege and DA. :
Confirmation Checkboxes
To improve the overall user experience and enable people to quickly place siege and defensive armies, we'll add a "never see this again" checkbox. This also makes the overall experience more consistent with other aspects of Forge of Empires and gives you the benefit of being able to interact with GvG faster without having to spend time needlessly clicking away message windows.

Also said

This is a really big difference, as it will make it much harder to resiege without multiple DA's getting replaced.

Also, what happened to testing on Beta before pushing to live servers?
"the listed changes above will be added to Beta shortly, and then to live markets in the upcoming weeks."

Changes are in Beta today, have to check siege though..

Edit..Checked.... Only for DA as of now.

Annotation 2019-08-01 105115.jpg Annotation 2019-08-01 105115.jpg Annotation 2019-08-01 105122.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser40780

Changes are in Beta today, have to check siege though..

Edit..Checked.... Only for DA as of now.

Thanks for checking!

That's not what was proposed. Definitely, think there would and should have been more discussion about how that would impact things. That's going to make a huge difference in multi-siege situations. Attackers are going to have to rely on lag/bugs to have a chance of taking tiles.

Just trying to think through the strategy here... Tossing out an example where this matters.
Two decently strong guilds with roughly an equal number of fighters.
FE map, both guilds have tiles filled with 8 DAs.
I can't imagine any scenario where the attacking guild takes the tile unless there is fluke caused by lag/bugs.
It can already be challenging enough to take tiles when suddenly 3-4 DAs get replaced if the siege is slow. How much worse is it going to be when DAs only have to make 1 click, but siege takes 2? It'll make it prohibitively costly to attack while anyone is around to defend.

Does this turn recalc into a waiting game to see who logs off first?

If sieges go to 1 click as well, then the balance is restored. :)

DeletedUser6497

How can a siege be spam if you pay for it? Is sieging not part of the game? Does "All Ages" not include Bronze Age? Reality as Inno interprets it.

DeletedUser25795

Hi, any mod going to reply to my question on this feedback thread please.

DeletedUser25166

If the AA tile is already full of spears. Will they disappear and the tile reverts to a NPC tile? Will the spears remain as it only affects new units used after the update? Or will the spears change into "real units"?
Your guild is not on AA map. Don't worry about it

DeletedUser

Does this turn recalc into a waiting game to see who logs off first?
It seems to me that it gives guilds an incentive to get away from the recalc habit. Historically speaking, surprise has been an essential part of any successful military strategy. Something that has been sorely lacking in GvG with the singular devotion to mass fighting at recalc.

DeletedUser23486

You guys broke the HoF status tool tip. When viewing my friends when I go to manually aid them, it won't tell me any information about it. The other buildings give all their usual info, but not the HoF.

DeletedUser23486

What do you mean by that?

It means, when you hover your mouse pointer over the hall of fame, no information shows up. On my friends, I manually motivate/polish because I'm a lower age player with a DT that I get goods from. When I hover over a Hall of Fame on any of my friend's cities, it gives no information, not even that it's a HoF. If the picture of it wasn't staring me in the face, I wouldn't even know they had a HoF in their city.

Super Catanian

It means, when you hover your mouse pointer over the hall of fame, no information shows up. On my friends, I manually motivate/polish because I'm a lower age player with a DT that I get goods from. When I hover over a Hall of Fame on any of my friend's cities, it gives no information, not even that it's a HoF. If the picture of it wasn't staring me in the face, I wouldn't even know they had a HoF in their city.
Hmmm, interesting...
I would tell you to either refresh your browser, or restart the app.

DeletedUser23486

Hmmm, interesting...
I would tell you to either refresh your browser, or restart the app.

I've refreshed my browser, I've logged out and logged back in, I've logged out, cleared my cache and logged back in, checked to make sure my flash is current....nothing changed it.

DeletedUser4441

You guys broke the HoF status tool tip. When viewing my friends when I go to manually aid them, it won't tell me any information about it. The other buildings give all their usual info, but not the HoF.

This is a known issue if you use Chrome or Firefox. It will be rectified as soon as they can get to it.

Edit: it is not just HoF but can be any building