• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.165

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Galechade

Tavern window still opens when aiding from Town Hall which most of us on PC do. But does not open when aiding from the bar. Why is that?

DeletedUser

Tavern window still opens when aiding from Town Hall which most of us on PC do. But does not open when aiding from the bar. Why is that?
You really Tavern sit from Event History? Why? On the social bar you can see whether it's worth clicking on. On Event History you can't. I'm pretty sure most on PC do what I do and Tavern sit from the social bar. And it they didn't before, they will now. It's just more efficient, and it always has been.

P.S.: Aiding is not Tavern sitting.

UBERhelp1

So, I added 393 FP to a GB using the custom field with about 50 FP on my bar. Of course, I used some packs. However, instead of using the packs to make the exact number, I ended up with 1 FP left over. Is there no way to break numbers down so that you don't end up with leftover FP (and I'm talking numbers greater than 3)?

Just do something like this:
Look at last number. If it can be made of 2s and 5s, go ahead and do that. Fill in the rest with 10 packs.
Else, look at last number + 10, and make it out of 2s and 5s, filling in the rest with 10 packs.

Galechade

You really Tavern sit from Event History? Why? On the social bar you can see whether it's worth clicking on. On Event History you can't. I'm pretty sure most on PC do what I do and Tavern sit from the social bar. And it they didn't before, they will now. It's just more efficient, and it always has been.

P.S.: Aiding is not Tavern sitting.
Seriously?????? How do you know who goes inactive on your friend's list if you don't use the TH? Everyone I know on the US and EN servers aid (AND TAVERN SITS) from their TH. And God forgive me for including tavern sitting as part of aiding..... wow

Graviton

I don't aid from my TH but once a quarter or so, and that's only to weed out the non-aiders on my Friends List. I never tavern-sit from TH.

Vger

I don't aid from my TH but once a quarter or so, and that's only to weed out the non-aiders on my Friends List. I never tavern-sit from TH.
Ditto, except I try to do it every couple weeks. I can't even fathom doing tavern from TH. That would be painful.

Algona

Seriously?????? How do you know who goes inactive on your friend's list if you don't use the TH? Everyone I know on the US and EN servers aid (AND TAVERN SITS) from their TH. And God forgive me for including tavern sitting as part of aiding..... wow

I;m??????? super?????? cereal????? ?

Everyone???? ??

Ya know, if yer gonna say things that are flat out wrong, then get unhappy about someone pointing that out, you should prolly forget this inarw3b thingie.

SL nailed it: Tavern sitting from TH is a massive waste of time.

Even if they make it such that it does not pop up the Tavern (if not how would you know it's full or you are already sitting there?) then you'll be missing some many most of the Taverns because you're already there e or the Tavern is full.

Poor thinkery.

DeletedUser

I don't aid or Tavern sit from Town Hall. I aid from Event History (which is accessed through Town Hall, but is not actually Town Hall itself), and I Tavern sit from the most efficient spot, which is currently the social bar. And I sometimes delete players who don't aid, but it's really not that big a deal. At some point (unless you're depending on over 100 SoKs getting motivated) it's not really relevant how many players aid you. And the Tavern boosts become pretty irrelevant, too, so the only reason to Tavern sit is to get the occasional FP or to fulfill a quest.

DeletedUser30312

So, I added 393 FP to a GB using the custom field with about 50 FP on my bar. Of course, I used some packs. However, instead of using the packs to make the exact number, I ended up with 1 FP left over. Is there no way to break numbers down so that you don't end up with leftover FP (and I'm talking numbers greater than 3)?

Just do something like this:
Look at last number. If it can be made of 2s and 5s, go ahead and do that. Fill in the rest with 10 packs.
Else, look at last number + 10, and make it out of 2s and 5s, filling in the rest with 10 packs.

If I need an odd number of points to fill in a slot on a GB, I've been going to my inventory and cracking open a 5 FP, use it and then just dump the rest into the GB.

Emberguard

I don't. I'll do aiding from event history. But I don't bother with tavern sitting simply because
(a) players that would have sat down may be blocked from doing so if the tavern is full
(b) aid is more important then tavern

Why haven't I seen any of these changes?
Make sure you've updated to latest version if you're using the app